PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Papi and other Sox on HOF ballot

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

If Papi isn't a first ballot HOFer that's a travesty.

Schill probably won't get in and that sucks.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of voting for DH-only players... But in this case I'll make an exception.

So clutch... Power + Average... Besides, he played flawless 1B during his WS appearances, including one notable assist:

RkYearSeriesDateTmOppRsltInngsBFInnPOAEChDP
12004WS g3Oct 26BOS@STLW,4-1GS216.061071
22004WS g4Oct 27BOS@STLW,3-0GS216.080080
2007 PostseasonTmOppRsltInngsBFInnPOAEChDP
32007WS g3Oct 27BOS@COLW,10-5GS205.020020
42007WS g4Oct 28BOS@COLW,4-3GS297.050050
2013 PostseasonTmOppRsltInngsBFInnPOAEChDP
52013WS g3Oct 26BOS@STLL,4-5CG438.260060
62013WS g4Oct 27BOS@STLW,4-2GS307.080080
72013WS g5Oct 28BOS@STLW,3-1GS267.290091

How much will the 2003 steroid list hurt Ortiz's chances? What happened to the Sox off-season thread?

2003 steroid list was proof of ZERO....let all the steroid era players in for chrissakes...Bonds, Clemens, Arod ...even Sosa...but bar that rotten little twat hypocrite Godboy Petitte...that POS should be struck from MLB history.

Schilling should be in. Even if he said tomorrow that he loves Hitler, what does that have to do with his baseball career? Are we not capable of separating in our own minds the difference between athletic accomplishments and off-field personalities? We don’t need the Hall of Fame committee to do that for us.

I would vote for Bonds and Clemens provided they come 100% clean about when they used steroids. I wouldn’t vote in A-Rod because he was caught twice, spanning over a decade, and I don’t know if we ever saw him play without being juiced up. Possibly the same argument for Sosa. Clemens and Bonds, on the other hand, were already premier players. For a borderline player like Pettite, the steroids tip the scales to No. For Manny, I’d lean towards No. I feel like he got a warning shot after his first supension.

Pettitte is not getting in anytime soon if at all. I think it was HGH for him not steroids but that doesn’t help his case either. Zero Cy Young’s, a lifetime 3.86 ERA which isn’t that great for a guy who is a HOF pitcher.

A-Rod admitted he was a cheat, he lied about it and he was suspended for a year. He’s not getting in anytime soon either if at all.

For someone like Bonds if you’re going to induct him then bring them all in with the asterisk and explanation on their plaques.
It’s tough cause some of these guys were probably using before testing but we don’t know for sure.

Last edited:
Schilling should be in. Even if he said tomorrow that he loves Hitler, what does that have to do with his baseball career? Are we not capable of separating in our own minds the difference between athletic accomplishments and off-field personalities? We don’t need the Hall of Fame committee to do that for us.
He should but I don’t think he’s getting in and that sucks. His Facebook rant against the HOF voters and asking to be removed from the ballot won’t help his case :(

Pettitte is not getting in anytime soon if at all. I think it was HGH for him not steroids but but that doesn’t help his case either. Zero Cy Young’s, a lifetime 3.86 ERA which isn’t that great for a guy who is a HOF pitcher.

A-Rod admitted he was a cheat, he lied about it and he was suspended for a year. He’s not getting in anytime soon either if at all.

For someone like Bonds if you’re going to induct him then bring them all in with the asterisk and explanation on their plaques.
It’s tough cause some of these guys were probably using before testing but we don’t know for sure.

I'd like to strike the stats from any season where he used steroids, which is why his honest admission about using would make me feel better about his candidacy. They could easily form some sort of committee with the power to strike stats from the official record books should they have an overwhelming majority of votes to do so. What bothers me most about Bonds is that the home run records should remain at 755 and 61. And it isn't just him...it's all the guys whose stats got juiced up. Now you have records that were unfairly achieved and can't even be approached. I'd put Bonds in the Hall of Fame only after I restored the correct historical records. It's no different from stripping an olympic record from someone who was doping.

Can see Papi getting in ... would love to see it... But first ballot for a dh? Highly doubtful it happens

Battling DH-only and positive HGH test. In his favor, he’s a Hall of Famer by regular season alone and has one of the best postseason resumes of any player in history.

I would vote for Bonds and Clemens provided they come 100% clean about when they used steroids. I wouldn’t vote in A-Rod because he was caught twice, spanning over a decade, and I don’t know if we ever saw him play without being juiced up. Possibly the same argument for Sosa. Clemens and Bonds, on the other hand, were already premier players. For a borderline player like Pettite, the steroids tip the scales to No. For Manny, I’d lean towards No. I feel like he got a warning shot after his first supension.

I would never vote for Clemens because biologically I'm not allowed.

My brother and I went to visit my Grandmother in the hospital during her birthday. She was, as usual, in good spirits. She had the Red Sox game on and was chatting about the season. All of a sudden Clemen's face popped up on the TV. She says, "Clemens! I'll bet he's a wife beatah". Hahaha. She passed the next day. I love that moment.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back