• No

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Go away Eagle fan

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

eaglesfan

Rookie
Reaction score
So as you can tell by the name I am an Eagles fan. Over on the eagles message board we do a mock draft every year. 16 people 1 AFC 1 NFC team each. We tried 32 people but it wasnt working out the 16 work. We do a random drawing by one of the mods and i happened to receive none other than your Pats and my Eagles. Just want some feed back on how you guys would like this Pats mock.

1st: Cameron Erving, OL, Florida State (dudes a beast)

2nd: Carl Davis, DT, Iowa (great value here in my eyes)

3rd: Jaquiski Tartt, S, Samford (big fan and i know you dont want Chung out there)

3rd: David Johnson, RB/WR, Nothern Iowa (versatile could be your new Vereen/Faulk)

4th: Doran Grant, CB/S, THEE Ohio State (versatile DB who can play corner/slot or safety)

4th: Justin Hardy, WR, East Carolina ( another small WR for you but he catches everything with 10 inch hands)

Overall that is pretty good. I would be interested to know who else was available in the 2nd because after going through everything I think there is talent at DT later that might be better value. Justin Hardy in the 4th makes me happy.

That's good. Can never go wrong getting some good linemen at the top. I posted the other day that I feel Carl Davis will be a target in round 2. Maybe, even move up from 64 to get him.

Ya know, if you guys trade us Evan Mathis. We can get a cb in Round 1;)

If you don't trade up for Mariota, what do you guys think of Jake Fisher at 20?

1st: who are else on the board? Erving could be nice, but I do prefer others so..
2nd: Carl Davis is so so prefering other DTs..
3rd: Chung dont need to be replaced really.. He was much better last year in that roll then Eagles ppl can imagine..
3rd: I wouldnt use a day 1 or 2 pick on a RB not named Gurley.. This draft have to good Rbs on day 3.
4th: Dont like Grant and I think Patriots takes a CB with one of the 2 first picks and/or late day 3.
4th: WR... Smelter, Bell, Conley Size and speed, dont use a draft pick on a small WR. Well I do hope other teams do, but Welker, Edelman, Dola etc was round 7 and UFA picks.

I think this is a definite win. Erving is a board favorite that I think most here would love. Davis is raw but has a lot of potential and Johnson is another board favorite that could take over from Shane Vereen as the 3rd down back.

Good job!

I don't know if I would want to spend that high of a pick on OL, even though Erving is a very nice prospect. Other than that, it's a solid draft. I love the Tartt and Johnson selections in the third. Davis in the second would be very nice. I'd probably go corner in the first, though, if the rest of the draft were to fall like that. But, in all, it's a solid mock coming from an outsider.

Thanks very much -- makes a lot of sense to me.

Now, when the draft's completed, feel free to enter it in the Patsfans Mock Draft Contest and be crestfallen when the Great Magician selects completely different players ...

Erving is my binkie but unless we trade up with Dallas, he won't be available

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back