PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Out of market streaming problems... am I the only one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So, I was going to subscribe to Sunday Ticket this year and avoid the internet options, but my son convinced me that streaming through the various places would be fine. Which it was, for the Saints game. But against the Texans, we probably had to switch between 10-15 times, missing plays, etc. Streams would work great at first... then start buffering, and they'd be done.

Did anybody else experience this for the Texans? It would burn me to pay $300 for 6 games... but might burn me more to spend most of those 6 games...

Buffering.gif

...watching this. o_O

So, I was going to subscribe to Sunday Ticket this year and avoid the internet options, but my son convinced me that streaming through the various places would be fine. Which it was, for the Saints game. But against the Texans, we probably had to switch between 10-15 times, missing plays, etc. Streams would work great at first... then start buffering, and they'd be done.

Did anybody else experience this for the Texans? It would burn me to pay $300 for 6 games... but might burn me more to spend most of those 6 games...

Buffering.gif

...watching this. o_O
I live out of market and have this dilemma. I used to solve itvwuth Directv but bought a new house and felt the dish would look hideous on it (yes I understand the snobbishness of that comment).
I go to half the home games, and between national TV games and the ines I happen to get locally it leaves about 3-5 games a year. Before DTV I would go to a bar but since my son is 18 I'd like to avoid that.
I have the Amazon stick and can get every game but the steam sucks. It freezes and I miss plays, sometimes up to 3 plays, but at other times it is fine. Very frustrating. I upgraded my internet and not much changed.
I'd love to hear any solutions as well.

Same here. I live in NC and can't watch pats game except when they play primetime or this week when they play Panthers. I used to have directv but their pricing was ridiculous. I now have google fiber and pay $10 a months for sports package that includes NFL redzone. So I just watch highlights and hope NFL networks runs a replay on tuesday or wednesday and then DVR it.

Well, I just discovered I can get Sunday Ticket via the internet for $99, since my son is in college. So I may wind up doing that

I have the stream and it gets botched up all the time. The app is really glitchy. But its better than nothing.

I have the stream and it gets botched up all the time. The app is really glitchy. But its better than nothing.

You mean the Sunday Ticket DirecTV stream is glitchy?

When I am in the UK, I use Gamepass and can confirm that the stream is nearly perfect. I have heard that people in the U.S. have registered from abroad and used a VPN. Of course, it's great to have replay access to the games too.

Buffering.gif

...watching this. o_O
I have the same problem. I have the Amazon stick. It worked fantastic last year. But this year has been absolutely horrible. Very frustrating. It's gotten to the point where I pray for a Monday, Sunday night, or Thursday night game. Just to get the Primetime spot. I thought I finally had it figured out with the stick. Because firstrow never really worked too well for me either. The streams were starting to get better. I thought they were finally getting that worked out. But it seems like the streams are getting worse Again

@oldrover There are some really solid and reliable streaming sites out there, but I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be linking them on the main forum. If you send me a PM I'll link you to some. If you can get Sunday ticket for $99, though, that's probably going to be your best option.

@oldrover There are some really solid and reliable streaming sites out there, but I'm pretty sure we're not supposed to be linking them on the main forum. If you send me a PM I'll link you to some. If you can get Sunday ticket for $99, though, that's probably going to be your best option.

$99 is a steal for Sunday Ticket.

A few years ago, I was able to get it for $99 when I bought Madden Ultimate Edition (I think Barry Sanders cover), they gave you code for Sunday Ticket, but only to be used on your tablets/smartphones. Luckily I was able to airplay it on my TV.

I'll have to stream games where the Dolphins play on the same network at the same time as the Patriots, basically 6 of 16 games this season. Otherwise they generally carry NE games in south Florida.

-New Orleans: I found a so-so-stream, many glitches
-Houston: I found a much better stream, from googling reddit nfl streams, just prior to game time
---
coming up...
-The Jets both times
-The Bills both times

The other 10 I think will be on.

Streaming sites that worked for me in past years have been much more iffy this year, but the one I used for the Houston game was great. The NFL is, I think, working harder to block these sites.

Buffering.gif

...watching this. o_O

How were you trying to watch the game? Through a paid service or from a website that was streaming the game illegally?
Anyways, I use PS Vue and it's a few minutes behind compared to antenna, so if I look on Tweetdeck during the game, I find out what is going in the game before I can even see it on TV. I haven't had any issues with Vue, and I'm also doing a trial of YoutubeTV, which also has consistently good quality. The main thing that sucks is that you are prevented from watching on a mobile device for many games.

I have little kids, so Sunday afternoons are bad for me to watch, so generally, I'll avoid any mention of it and download the full game from tenyardtorrents later. I was also thinking of doing the U.S. version of Gamepass where I could watch the full games later.

This may be caused by poor quality stream OR by poor quality of your internet connection.
Someone has posted the best key words for free streams above. I am going to add another hint: google ace player on all but iOS when you see ace:// link. Just amazing rock solid streams available.

P.S. I am paying for my streaming as I prefer to have access to archives and no hassle access from all my devices anyways but this is just me.

Streaming is brilliant and the hints are in this thread already.

PM me if you need more info would be happy to help.

Cheers

I live out of market and have this dilemma. I used to solve itvwuth Directv but bought a new house and felt the dish would look hideous on it (yes I understand the snobbishness of that comment).
I go to half the home games, and between national TV games and the ines I happen to get locally it leaves about 3-5 games a year. Before DTV I would go to a bar but since my son is 18 I'd like to avoid that.
I have the Amazon stick and can get every game but the steam sucks. It freezes and I miss plays, sometimes up to 3 plays, but at other times it is fine. Very frustrating. I upgraded my internet and not much changed.
I subscribe to Sunday Ticket and watch the Pats on my laptop (11" Mac, its very clear). When I'm home, I'll see if I can get the game on the Smart Tv from the Internet. I live in a freakin' fort (1880) and there is no way they would allow a dish.

This may be caused by poor quality stream OR by poor quality of your internet connection.
Someone has posted the best key words for free streams above. I am going to add another hint: google ace player on all but iOS when you see ace:// link. Just amazing rock solid streams available.

P.S. I am paying for my streaming as I prefer to have access to archives and no hassle access from all my devices anyways but this is just me.

Streaming is brilliant and the hints are in this thread already.

PM me if you need more info would be happy to help.

Cheers

If you're going to mention Ace, at least tell him to use a VPN to protect himself.

YouTube TV for $35 a month is worth it if you know how to use a VPN and know how to spoof your location in Google Chrome. Beats having to pay like $700 a year to watch the Pats, Sox, Bruins, and Celtics. If you just want to watch the Pats you can cancel after December and just pay $105 for this season.

I wouldn't put a dish on my house, either--snobby or not.

You still have 2 other options for the Sunday Ticket:

1) Subscribe to their streaming service for a much cheaper rate, which is what I do. I then connect my phone to an adapter which allows the HDMI cable to go to the TV. The adapter was about 50 bucks, and I believe that I paid about 199 for the "dish-less" Sunday Ticket last year.

2) If you'd still prefer the DTV, you could always choose to position the physical dish itself on a pole in the backyard, or something to that effect. I've done that in the past when I lived in an apt that wouldn't allow dishes to be attached to the building. If you put it by the back door or something in the back yard it really doesn't look that bad. Still, I prefer option #1.

YouTube TV for $35 a month is worth it if you know how to use a VPN and know how to spoof your location in Google Chrome. Beats having to pay like $700 a year to watch the Pats, Sox, Bruins, and Celtics. If you just want to watch the Pats you can cancel after December and just pay $105 for this season.

I didn't realize YouTube TV had expanded to Boston, apparently that just happened last month? That's big, might have to jump on that. Do you have to spoof your location every time you go to watch or just when signing up? Either's fine, but the latter would be more convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back