PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Other OC candidates for Pats to consider (besides McDaniels and Caley)

Sam Bam Cunningham

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
1. Frank Reich
2. Darrell Bevel
3. Mike McCoy
4. Klint Kubiak
5. Kliff Kingsbury
6. Tee Martin
7. Arthur Smith
8. Gregg Olsen
9. Eric Bienemy
10. Mike Shula
11. Brian Griese
12. Luke Getsy

Reich , Smith, and Mccoy are interesting names that would bring some seasoning to a very young staff

Ronald McDonald
Sponge Bob
Simple Jack:
ma GIF

1. Frank Reich
2. Darrell Bevel
3. Mike McCoy
4. Klint Kubiak
5. Kliff Kingsbury
6. Tee Martin
7. Arthur Smith
8. Gregg Olsen
9. Eric Bienemy
10. Mike Shula
11. Brian Griese
12. Luke Getsy

Darrell Bevel is the OC in Miami, so unless Miami gives permission to interview him, that move can be blocked.

Same with Eric Bieniemy, who is the OC in Washington... that might change though when they hire their new HC... but right now, any request to interview him for the role could be blocked by Washington

1. Frank Reich
2. Darrell Bevel
3. Mike McCoy
4. Klint Kubiak
5. Kliff Kingsbury
6. Tee Martin
7. Arthur Smith
8. Gregg Olsen
9. Eric Bienemy
10. Mike Shula
11. Brian Griese
12. Luke Getsy
Any OC we are going with should have absolute freedom in choosing their preferred Offensive players in the Draft and FA.

Any OC we are going with should have absolute freedom in choosing their preferred Offensive players in the Draft and FA.
Depends on the OC doesn't it?

If you bring in a veteran, then yes, a substantial amount of input should be part of the deal...

If its a brand spankin' new never held the position before OC, wouldn't a collaborative method work better? kinda keeps HC and OC pointed in the same direction...

I think Tee Martin, Kubiak and Griese all can’t be interviewed until after this weekend since they’re all still in contention. Martin and Kubiak do garner some interest from me.

Frank Reich has HC experience but his offense last year was just so bad.

Frank Reich has HC experience but his offense last year was just so bad.
Bryce Young looked lost out there last year... Hard pass on Frank Reich for me...

Interesting prospect would be Alex VanPelt... For no other reason besides being available.... Is a former QB, and has worked as both a QB coach and OC

Bryce Young looked lost out there last year... Hard pass on Frank Reich for me...

Interesting prospect would be Alex VanPelt... For no other reason besides being available.... Is a former QB, and has worked as both a QB coach and OC
The panthers had to bring in a HC to train up Young. They made a fine choice. A hard pass on Reich is more than justified. We needed the OC that they hired as HC after very little experience, except with QB's.

If we would have only gone after Joe Brady for OC vs Patricia and Obrein.
I was banging the drums hard for him,

Browns players like Van Pelt. Never hurts to interview people from different organizations when you have the time.

If Slowik doesn't get a head coaching gig this time around and stays as Houston's OC, I wonder if grabbing Ben McDaniels would be an option here. Josh's younger brother, so there's some familiarity I'm sure in the organization, and he's the current WR/Pass game coordinator for Houston. Not sure where he'd be on my list, but he's a possibility.

If Slowik doesn't get a head coaching gig this time around and stays as Houston's OC, I wonder if grabbing Ben McDaniels would be an option here. Josh's younger brother, so there's some familiarity I'm sure in the organization, and he's the current WR/Pass game coordinator for Houston. Not sure where he'd be on my list, but he's a possibility.
I like this idea.

would probably rupture the spleen of the few more anti-this and anti-that vociferous posters here, but i would kick the tires.

Just go radical. We have nothing to lose.. who knows we create the next sean McVay... interview as many folks as needed , keep experience as a criteria but not the only criteria and see what plans they have for our QBs - Mac, Zappe, rookie, vet like brissett etc.

Ben johnson was not highly touted when he joined lions. Dan Campbell was universally panned. I started liking Dan from the latter part of 1st season and now they are a phenom.

Sometimes you need to take risks and we are in a position now where we can take lots of risks. Nothing to lose as we are in the abyss of ineptitude.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back