PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs on 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or Take 3 - The future is already here and it's Mac Jones. Don't give two craps what the 3rd string or practice squad QBs are doing in OTA's.

Drop the Cam facade now, no point putting on a show for the cameras because it just delays the inevitable. If Cam has a serious injury then no point keeping him around any longer again just delaying the inevitable. This is Mac's team now.
Please list the recent QB's who starting Game One of their rookie years. Is the talent and readiness of Jones about the same as those players?

How embarrassing if true.
Since literally not a single person in the universe is reporting on it or a single witness supporting it, I'm gonna go out on a limb and saw it's a ******** twitter artist looking for attention.

"Stidham was decisive in his reads and threw multiple nice passes downfield. He finished 13-of-14 on the day with his only incomplete pass being dropped by Jakob Johnson. Stidham went 9/10 in full-team drills and was a perfect 4/4 in 7-on-7 drills. Some of his highlights included a deep pass to Jakobi Meyers and another nice throw to Kendrick Bourne."

In other news I'd like to report I went 11/12 in friend to friend catch drills and 5/5 in 7v7 mental reps. But if you want to talk about how that translates into real football let's wait till preseason at least.

The only goal of early OTAs is to dominate if you're on offense. Anything less and you pretty much suck and may as well be cut.

The potential athleticism on the field on third down is crazy. The secondary is obvious. Winovich & Uche both have 4.5-4.6 speed & Barmore broke 5 seconds at 310 lbs. Get Wise & Judon attacking guards with Hightower & Van Noy rushing from everywhere. Cherry on top would be the game slowing down for Dugger at dime LB.

The potential athleticism on the field on third down is crazy. The secondary is obvious. Winovich & Uche both have 4.5-4.6 speed & Barmore broke 5 seconds at 310 lbs. Get Wise & Judon attacking guards with Hightower & Van Noy rushing from everywhere.

Belichick defenses really seem to be founded on linebackers. When he has a group of 4 or 5 that he really likes, the defense is great. When he doesn't, they hang in there (last year because of the secondary) but there's a noticeable dip in swagger and creativity in the scheme. Last year we went from Hightower/Van Noy/Collins with Roberts/Bentley/Winovich playing depth and special roles, to Bentley and Winovich being the VETERAN presence. I'm excited to see what they can do if Hightower can be close to 2019 form and Wino/Uche are able to play in roles they're best suited/ready for.

If Cam is seriously hurt then I don’t give one fu.cking damn about what Hoyer or Stidham does this camp, Mac better start week 1.
Disagree. You play the player who has performed the best, you lose all credibility if you look past the better player because of money or draft status then players lose faith in the process.

I want Jones to win the job, but if Stidham wins the job he should start, at least until he loses it or Jones or Newton outperform him.

I didn't really see a place on the board for this, but just as a cautionary tale, I'll put it here. The 49ers have begun getting 49er'd.

After dealing with several injuries in 2020, the 49ers have more in 2021.

San Francisco announced on Tuesday morning that offensive lineman Justin Skule tore his ACL and that safety Tarvarius Moore tore his Achilles during Monday’s practice. Both are depth pieces who filled in as starters over the last couple of seasons.

Justin Skule tears ACL, Tarvarius Moore tears Achilles for 49ers - ProFootballTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes