PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTAs on 6/4

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would Colin Cowherd know if Mac Jones was struggling? Outside of yesterday’s practice, I’ve heard and read the contrary, from people who’ve watched film or actually been there.

Cowturd is an idiot. He was comparing Jones to Fields and Newton physically, i.e. Fields and Newton are bigger and more imposing and thus will command respect in the locker room. Note that he doesn't compare Jones to Mahomes, Mayfield, Murray or any of the other midget QBs that are in the NFL

Cowturd is an idiot. He was comparing Jones to Fields and Newton physically, i.e. Fields and Newton are bigger and more imposing and thus will command respect in the locker room. Note that he doesn't compare Jones to Mahomes, Mayfield, Murray or any of the other midget QBs that are in the NFL
So with Cowards logic nobody should listen respect or trust him got it. Makes it easier to ignore perfect.

Good practice video! How did you get this? Are you a Russian spy, CCP, Interpool, Queens guard, FBI, MSNBC? No press is supposed to be videoing OTA's?

Last edited:

That’s creepy.

Has anyone heard anything regarding Nixon’s knee injury?

We've heard a lot that these OTA's are teaching camps, meant to identify what each player needs to work on so they can hit the ground running in July, where they'll be truly evaluated for roster spots. So this alone won't impact the QB competition... BUT, it's not a Tom Brady vs. his backup situation here. Cam is the default starter but he doesn't have a stranglehold on it. It was going to be important for Cam (from his perspective) to start fast and strong. This has the potential to cascade a little bit, it will be interesting to watch.

How could anyone have mixed emotions about a SB victory?

My point: the ferocity of anti-Stidham rhetoric plus the desperate need to be right that are evident in some posters indicates a level of investment in Stidham failure that will remain even if he leads the team to the ultimate achievement.

Yes, its twisted but I've seen more twisted.

My point: the ferocity of anti-Stidham rhetoric plus the desperate need to be right that are evident in some posters indicates a level of investment in Stidham failure that will remain even if he leads the team to the ultimate achievement.

Yes, its twisted but I've seen more twisted.
Who are these posters? I'm probably one of the most anti-Stidham and if he took us to a Super Bowl it might be my favorite ring of all.

Who are these posters? I'm probably one of the most anti-Stidham and if he took us to a Super Bowl it might be my favorite ring of all.

Give me a few days to research that specificity for you. When my team of interns returns to work on Monday, I'll put one of them on it.

^ Almost my exact words

If Stidham somehow has turned around into a good QB - and let’s be real there’s no indication of that so far and the “QB controversy” last season was ridiculous - then that means Bill invested a first round pick in a QB that wasn’t needed here, and he swung and missed on evaluating him to date. Hate to say it but that IMO ought to have the Patriots looking for a new head coach and GM.

This fantasy would let GM Bill keep a good young QB AND trade a 31 team valued QB for draft picks/player that strengthens the football team.
Folks seizing on any/every opportunity to slam our team leadership these days including "what if" fantasies.

^ Almost my exact words

If Stidham somehow has turned around into a good QB - and let’s be real there’s no indication of that so far and the “QB controversy” last season was ridiculous - then that means Bill invested a first round pick in a QB that wasn’t needed here, and he swung and missed on evaluating him to date. Hate to say it but that IMO ought to have the Patriots looking for a new head coach and GM.

No, it doesn't. It means they are recognizing the importance of the position and investing heavily in it, because nobody (even the GOAT coach) knows how a young QB will actually turn out until a few years into their career. Even with Brady, they saw him as one of the best QB's in that draft, and better than Bledsoe a year before he took the #1 job, but they still didn't know how good he'd be until year 3.

Any one of these guys has a 10% chance of being good. Why not double down on that? NOT doing that, when the opportunity presents itself, would get a coach/GM fired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes