PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OTA Photo's

If that's true then looks like it's the end of the line for Stid's chances as a starter for this team. I'm ok with that. He had his opportunity and didn't take it.

He was a dead man walking when he wasn't called upon to start last season, even when Cam was struggling.

• Agree
Reactions: sb1
Love anything and everything from camp, nice thread. That apostrophe in the title though

Who says Mac isn’t an athlete ? Also, looks like Cam knows his days are numbered, so he threw that ball high purposely in an attempt to injure Mac (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

I really like the interactions between coaches and players. There is a lot of teaching going on that is traditionally a Patriots coaching advantage. We lost that last year, so last years rookies and this years draft picks and tons of free agents all benefit greatly. I also like that the Patriots aren't trying to get their players hurt by making them run competitive drills. Big emphasis on strength, conditioning, diet, and looks like great attendance.

More from Bedard on today:

Newton got up and identified the Mike linebacker. Great. He did that last year, and it's the very basic part of this passing offense. He delivered a ball in the seam a little late, but it was complete.

Jones came up next ... he identified the Mike and also tagged on a slide by the offensive line.

Ok, now I'm paying attention. That's another step up.

Then, Jones and the receiver, Nelson Agholor, both identified what the defense was doing — a weakside blitz — they looked at each other, Agholor pointed.

Then Jones said, "I know."

The ball was snapped, Jones probably didn't even have the laces and fired the ball on the slant into wide-open space.

Jones saw what the defense was going to do, he and the receiver made a slight adjustment, and the Patriots exploited it for a big gain.

That's the freaking Patriots' passing offense.

If that's any indication, Jones is going to be part of this very, very soon.

Newton got up and identified the Mike linebacker. Great. He did that last year, and it's the very basic part of this passing offense. He delivered a ball in the seam a little late, but it was complete.

Jones came up next ... he identified the Mike and also tagged on a slide by the offensive line.

Then, Jones and the receiver, Nelson Agholor, both identified what the defense was doing — a weakside blitz — they looked at each other, Agholor pointed.

The ball was snapped, Jones probably didn't even have the laces and fired the ball on the slant into wide-open space.

Jones saw what the defense was going to do, he and the receiver made a slight adjustment, and the Patriots exploited it for a big gain.

wow! Somebody has been studying like mad!

This is the type stuff I was hoping the mediots would be reporting!

What is this? A novel? Who writes like this?

if thats true, Mac is the starter WK1!
Cam still throws hospital balls, working on his throwing mechanics but still horrible at it, no way Mac doesn't start he will win the team by end of August, love it

what a nice story to read in the early morning. Thanks

Barmore is wearing Hightower’s number. Has that ever happened before with a rookie wearing a vets number especially a captain?

theme park dance GIF

Barmore is wearing Hightower’s number. Has that ever happened before with a rookie wearing a vets number especially a captain?
None of the rookie numbers are real. A few years ago, Bill started assigning all rookies numbers in the 50s and 60s because the league told him he wasn't allowed to practice without jersey numbers as in past years.

All of the rookies will have to pick real numbers before the first preseason game, and 54 will not be available (unless Hightower retires or leaves for other reasons).

Keene had 54 less than a year ago. The only temporary rookie numbers off limits seem to be Tippett's 56 and Nelson's 57.

Dalton-Keene-Patriots-training-camp-2020-copy.jpg

Except you didn’t make that post. Bormio did. I don’t blame you for not clicking the links, which you quite clearly did not. It’s an embarrassment. Here is something you posted, however...

Contrast this take with yesterday’s post...

That’s quite a change. As for you living in my head rent free? Don’t flatter yourself. Guys that post on here whose football knowledge is limited to what other people say on Twitter don’t make their way into my head.

Oooo Reaction GIF

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back