PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: WR Claypool to Miami

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
Dolphins add another weapon on offense with terms similar to the J.C. Jackson trade.

Claypool appears to suck.

That said I wish we would have ****ing done the same deal. I hate that explosive offenses like Miami are still trying to improve, and we're just sitting here like "we downgraded from meyers to juju and drafted two 6th round WR, what more could you possibly want"

If he can be what he was the first two years with the Steelers, this is an absolute steal for the Dolphins. It would make the Hill, Waddle, and Claypool trio the best 1,2,3 punch in the league. That said, he seems to have lost whatever he was those first two years. But not a bad risk for the Dolphins.

If he can be what he was the first two years with the Steelers, this is an absolute steal for the Dolphins. It would make the Hill, Waddle, and Claypool trio the best 1,2,3 punch in the league. That said, he seems to have lost whatever he was those first two years. But not a bad risk for the Dolphins.
Wish we did this deal.
Jeudys cost just went down though.

Not a bad risk, but what is the chances of him being happy sitting behind Hill, Waddle and even Berrios?

The man will need to be coachable and take on a role, otherwise he'll upset the team's chemistry.

Claypool appears to suck.

That said I wish we would have ****ing done the same deal. I hate that explosive offenses like Miami are still trying to improve, and we're just sitting here like "we downgraded from meyers to juju and drafted two 6th round WR, what more could you possibly want"
I've said.. we have a 2005 roster in 2023 NFL. Not going to win with this roster.

Wish we did this deal.
Jeudys cost just went down though.

Based on the pure potential of Claypool turning his career around vs. what they would have had to given up to get him, it looks like a deal the Patriots were stupid to pass on. But Claypool has been a locker room cancer in both Chicago and Pittsburgh. With the Pats' season teetering on the edge, the last thing they need is someone who could turn the locker room into a crap storm. I think the Pats desperately need WR help, but not Claypool.

Based on the pure potential of Claypool turning his career around vs. what they would have had to given up to get him, it looks like a deal the Patriots were stupid to pass on. But Claypool has been a locker room cancer in both Chicago and Pittsburgh. With the Pats' season teetering on the edge, the last thing they need is someone who could turn the locker room into a crap storm. I think the Pats desperately need WR help, but not Claypool.
Pointless adding more mediocre suck WR to the collection.

The Patriots need to stop bargain hunting the WR position and invest serious money and draft capital into it until it's fixed, the Eagles took Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson a historically bad mistake and rather than just being oh well we can draft WRs we'll just trot out a bunch of scrubs every Sunday they continued to take swings and invest serious capital and money ended up with DeVonta Smith and AJ Brown.

Completely agree. On paper Claypool is the perfect guy to bring in. Young, cheap, past production. In reality I want no part of him. His idiot celebration that burned seconds off the clock costing the Steelers a chance to comeback on that TNF game a few years ago. The complete lack of effort this year in week 1. Throwing his coaches under the bus and firing his way out of Chicago after just a year. The Steelers may be able to find talented receivers but pay the price when they're annoying head cases.

Deadpool

EDIT: I had a Corky brain fart.

Last edited:
I love the idea of Higgins or Jeudy but we need explosiveness this was the most explosive guy available to us.

Not a bad move by the Dolphins they are going all in nice Third option. Really surprised if we didn't inquire bit it's us.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back