PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Where do you think the Browns end up record wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_to_Moss

28-3....
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
So they made moves. Some big ones and COULD get their star RB Barkley in the draft (If they take him #4..possibly #1..Giants need a RB...but not sure they take him) I am a PSU fan and he is a MONSTER. I said I would buy his jersey no matter what team he went to as long as it wasn't the Giants, Colts or Jets. So i really hope it's the Browns and can't believe I may be buying a Browns jersey. But what he has done for PSU..how humble he is and involved with the community..he's a tremendous player and they would get a RB for years and years to come.

Record wise. Where do you see them? That div always plays each other tough and now that they may win 6 games...could spice things up. I am going with 7-9.

Last edited:
Barkley will have to go #1. He wouldn’t be there at #4. They can still get the 2nd best QB in the draft (and likely the best overall player) by taking a QB at #4.

I say 6-10. Major improvement.

Honestly hard to predict.

We saw the Jaguars and Rams go from absolute garbage to becoming playoff teams last year.

If they find the right QB, then nothing is out of reach for them.

If they don’t find a QB however, the same can be said the opposite way.

I think the basic issue with the Browns starts with their inept coaching staff. **** even Jeff Fisher won games by accident because over 2 seasons statistically that is what happens. Going 1-31 is more on the coach than it is on the talent.

Thats why I think they will win 4-6 games depending on how the ball bounces some of the times.

Someone on Bill Simmon's podcast made the case for taking Barkley at one and a QB at #4. I would normally be opposed to this. I think it's crazy to take a RB in today's league in the top three spots. I don't follow college footballl so I know nothing about these kids. But their argument was that Berkley is a generational talent. If that's the case, I agree. If their QB pick at #4 doesn't pan out, odds are, they will be picking in the top five next year also.

The flip side is that it wasn't that long ago that people were making the same types of claims about Reggie Bush, Rone Dayne, etc. When was the last time we saw a playmaker the likes of Barry Sanders. That freakish sort of breakaway threat? There are some good RBs right now, but nobody moves the needle for me in that way. If you think he can be the hands down best RB in the league, I say take him. Otherwise I would go for best availiable player. That team desperately needs talent. A suuperstar RB, QB to go along with Landry would be a nice start. Even better if Gordon can get his act together.

As for their record. I have no idea. I would be no more suprised by 8-10 wins than I would be a two win season. Really depends on the draft and coaching. I don't even know who their coach is. And Landry was exiled from a Miami team that was trying to clear out the players with attitude and work ethics issues. Suh, Ajai, etc . Not really the kind of player you want to start a rebuild with.

Clearly, if Josh Gordon can behave himself, the Browns police-blotter numbers should be much more reasonable this season.

I would have said 11-5 or 12-4 but since they just traded the best young NT this league has seen in almost a decade I'll say 7-9.

I think that was the Bills, wasn't it?

due to the coaching i think they probs go 3-13 or 4-12.. They have some nice players there they just gotta execute now.

As long as the Browns can beat the Steelers twice and the Ravens twice (and maybe the Bengals at least once), the rest doesn't matter much to me. Although, it would be nice if they could take out a team that's challenging the Pats for the #1 playoff seed with a late-season upset.

Barkley will have to go #1. He wouldn’t be there at #4. They can still get the 2nd best QB in the draft (and likely the best overall player) by taking a QB at #4.

I say 6-10. Major improvement.

Hell, if I were the Browns, and I wanted both Barkley and a QB, I'd be thinking about what it would take to move up from 4 to 2, just to be on the safe side. They've got the ammo to do it (2 seconds, 1 3rd, 2 4ths, 2 5ths, 1 6th, 1 7th). Then, it would be phone calling and horse trading time (of course, this would require the Giants to actually want a QB, and the Colts to be happy with taking Chubb)...

Dear Giants:

We're taking a QB at #1. We'd like to trade with you to get to #2, in order to make sure that we get our favorite non-QB, as well. We've heard that you want a QB, too. If you trade with us, you can then trade with the Colts to move up to 3, and then you can pocket the difference, while still getting the same QB you'd have gotten at #2. We'll pick #1 and #2, you'll pick #3 and Indy will pick #4.

Dear Colts:

We're taking a QB at #1. We'd like to trade with the Giants to get to #2, in order to make sure that we get our favorite non-QB, as well. We've heard that you don't want a QB, but are looking at the DL. If you trade with us, you can then trade with the Giants to move down to 4, and then you can pocket the difference, while still getting the same DL you'd have gotten at #3. We'll pick #1 and #2, NY will pick #3 and you will pick #4.

If it was almost any other team, I'd agree.

If they take barkley in the draft, that’s 4-5 wins there. So maybe the browns get smart for once and not waste their top pick. We’ll just have to see I guess.

If they take barkley in the draft, that’s 4-5 wins there. So maybe the browns get smart for once and not waste their top pick. We’ll just have to see I guess.

So, you're making a prediction of what Barley will contribute before he's even played a down at the NFL level?

I'm fine with that, as long as those wins are against the Steelers, Ravens, etc.

So, you're making a prediction of what Barley will contribute before he's even played a down at the NFL level?

I'm fine with that, as long as those wins are against the Steelers, Ravens, etc.

He’s as close to a sure fire thing in this year’s draft. The 4-5 wins could come against garbage teams but they are still wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft