PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rank the Roster

The Mac Jones of the defense

Joke Drums GIF by Bax Music
No. Mac Jones was a first round pick who excelled and won in college. There was hope he would be a cerebral choice to lead a team towards the future.

Bryant is a physically limited player who always tries and never whines. I can respect him. Doesn’t mean I want him on the field unless there are two injuries. Just that he is in the nFL despite being challenged physically.

Great post, hard to argue with that.

I'll say on Gonzo he was playing at an elite level before the injury. He likely is a top 5 CB in the league.

Peppers is absolutely a top 5 safety, arguably our best safety. Dugger is definitely right there behind him.

On offense.. boy this is where it gets hard. Who outside of rham and Douglas could be seen as a top 10 player?
Only one that comes to mind is Onwenu.

I get that we have cap space and probably the worst roster in the league. I am saying because he is highly paid and preforms adequately in a limited role doesn't make him a great player.
We have the worst roster in the league because you don't like our Defense?
==========
I truly feel sorry for football fans who think that our Defense isn't good enough to compete at high level. Obviously, there is always room for improvement.

The guys who make more than him offer some pass rush ability. He makes $10 mill a year to play a little over 50% of the defensive snaps. He's adequate. He's fine in his role. His role isn't important. He's overpaid. We can ground and around if you want but it is what it is.
Try 74% of snaps. If you think stopping the run isn’t important I can’t help you

He should be resigned along with Dugger!!!
Bill needs to take care of his own guys first. Starting with extended peppers. Do something he didn't do with Myers.

Try 74% of snaps. If you think stopping the run isn’t important I can’t help you
Try 74% of the snaps in one game. Over the season he has played 59% of the snaps and if this team wasn't playing from behind every week he would be playing less. He's fine in his role but it instant important.

We have the worst roster in the league because you don't like our Defense?
==========
I truly feel sorry for football fans who think that our Defense isn't good enough to compete at high level. Obviously, there is always room for improvement.
I have no idea what you're talking about. Where did I say I "didn't like" our defense? The defense is the only likable part of this team. I don't like paying a nose tackle over $10 million a year to be a rotational run stuffer. With that said the defense is light years better than the offense and special teams.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back