PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Troy Aikman to MNF

SHOWTIME15

No asterisks
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
They must've offered him a ton of money to leave Fox.

And how much is ESPN paying the Manning brothers to compete against itself?

Too back buck is not going with him,

Aikman used to be a good color guy, but he has been going through the motions for the last decade or so. At least he hasn’t turned into a self parody of himself as Romo has the last couple of years.

Patjew seems to be a Romo hater too...poor Tony...why does everyone end up hating his guts?

Aikman has rings and knows offenses...I'd rather have him in that booth than most other ex-NFL jocks in media today. With Brady out of the league I believe Troy will be more objective across the board rather than show the bias he obviously has towards the QB's that followed him in the league.Beats the hell out of the Manlings IMO

Last edited:
I enjoyed Troy this season. He did not hold back his contempt of subpar QB play. I still won't be paying for BSPN though.

Acheman makes my ears hurt, but its good news that he separating from annoying Shama Lama Ding Dong.

Troy is definitely an upgrade to Louis Riddick and Brian Griese on MNF. I wonder who Fox will get to pair with Joe Buck...

Troy seems like a good guy, but he is the most boring voice on tv. Troy&Buck are a match made in hell for me.
I feel like all the boring guys are the ones who model their "game" after Pat Summerall.

I'm probably in the minority when I can honestly say I don't mind any of the commentators. The only one I found truly bad was Dan Dierdof and Dan Fouts.

Romo's obvious football knowledge was quite refreshing when he started. I think he has been "coached" since, and now he seems more like he is playing a role.

Aikman has never bothered me, he certainly has the credentials. Buck is a good broadcaster and another one who got his start via nepotism (it is really rampant, in the sports, entertainment world, isn't it?).

You have to feel for the guys coming up, who have paid their dues (and their ridiculous Newhouse School of Communication tution) only to see high profile jobs go to the Chris Simms, Bob Golic, Jr, and Jack Collinsworth.

Pat Summerall was great, because he was a player and not just a broadcaster. Ditto for Frank Gifford.

Hopefully BSPN will pair Aikman with someone good.

Romo's obvious football knowledge was quite refreshing when he started. I think he has been "coached" since, and now he seems more like he is playing a role.

Aikman has never bothered me, he certainly has the credentials. Buck is a good broadcaster and another one who got his start via nepotism (it is really rampant, in the sports, entertainment world, isn't it?).

You have to feel for the guys coming up, who have paid their dues (and their ridiculous Newhouse School of Communication tution) only to see high profile jobs go to the Chris Simms, Bob Golic, Jr, and Jack Collinsworth.

Pat Summerall was great, because he was a player and not just a broadcaster. Ditto for Frank Gifford.

Hopefully BSPN will pair Aikman with someone good.

Right now ESPN's play by play man is Steve Levy, who is a hockey guy...they need someone else.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back