PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Tiger Woods arrested for DUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad Brady really has his head on straight...cause a fall from grace like Tiger has had would be a real kick right in the gut.

I'm glad Brady really has his head on straight...cause a fall from grace like Tiger has had would be a real kick right in the gut.

To be fair, could you have seen Tiger's coming before it actually happened?

To be fair, could you have seen Tiger's coming before it actually happened?

Good point. I certainly didn't.

I think Brady would have walked away a long time ago if his performance had fallen in the way Tiger's has and started to put a real dent in his legacy.

Why is this posted in a football forum?

...and.....

Why are "thoughts and prayers" threads about celebrity deaths posted in a football forum?
Is sending "thoughts and prayers" electronically via a football thread an effective delivery system that reaches the deceased's loved ones?
Does all it take to show humanity these days is to post heartfelt sympathy via a football thread?
Is PatsFans.com the higher being you choose to communicate spiritually through?
Will God pass on "thoughts and prayers" after he reads through mock draft posts?
Do you contact real friends to share Tiger's DUI or a celebrity's death.....or are these topics only for virtual friends using pretend names?

Borg out :)

Last edited:
Uber or Lyft or a taxi......... No excuse for him or us nowadays if you have one too many...

In the NFL, there's literally no excuse; IIRC, the NFLPA offers a no-questions-asked shuttle service specifically to prevent situations like this.

...and.....

Why are "thoughts and prayers" threads about celebrity deaths posted in a football forum?
Is sending "thoughts and prayers" electronically via a football thread an effective delivery system that reaches the deceased's loved ones?
Does all it take to show humanity these days is to post heartfelt sympathy via a football thread?
Is PatsFans.com the higher being you choose to communicate spiritually with?
Do you contact real friends to share Tiger's DUI or a celebrity's death.....or are these topics only for virtual friends using pretend names?

Borg out :)
I have the same thoughts about these posts. It doesn't make us "decent people" just because we post these things

I think it's the Facebook and instagram effect on society. "I'm a good person because I'm showing everyone I have empathy"

Our society is becoming addicted to emotional things. As if the Internet is the place to experience emotion.

It is what it is

He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself.

He should be counting all his blessings as most of the negative things in his life are his own doing

I think it's relevant when you're talking about legacy of arguably the greatest -or in this case at one time was thought of the greatest- in their respective sport.

Tiger's fall from grace in the last decade may be a bigger part of his legacy now than the greatness shown on the golf course, and that's tragic.

Thankfully we aren't saying the same about the GOAT. Even with all the crap he's had to ensure in the last couple of years. When someone tells the story of Tom Brady, the greatest QB in football history - you have to acknowledge that the tale of the BS suspension must be told as part of the story. But I think it's awesome that whole thing really turned out to be a net positive for his legacy given how he ended the same season that he was suspended.

Thankfully we aren't saying the same about the GOAT. Even with all the crap he's had to ensure in the last couple of years. When someone tells the story of Tom Brady, the greatest QB in football history - you have to acknowledge that the tale of the BS suspension must be told as part of the story. But I think it's awesome that whole thing really turned out to be a net positive for his legacy given how he ended the same season that he was suspended.

You probably need a smoke after such a vigorous effort

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Tiger's future eulogy, perhaps?..........

I think the only thing that would surprise me at this point about Tiger is if alcohol is the only substance he's abusing. With all the back pain, etc.

Tiger's future eulogy, perhaps?..........

My neighbor passed away last year.
His friend who did the eulogy at his funeral said, Rocko always got the hottest women & the dude had the best contraband.

A Classic line, I will never forget.

I think the only thing that would surprise me at this point about Tiger is if alcohol is the only substance he's abusing. With all the back pain, etc.
His eyes have that jack Daniels Percocet look.

Good point. I certainly didn't.

I think Brady would have walked away a long time ago if his performance had fallen in the way Tiger's has and started to put a real dent in his legacy.

Totally different sports.

In golf when your skill deteriorates, you join the Sr PGA tour.

In the NFL you retire.

Tiger is physically and mentally cooked.

Hammered at 7am. Yikes.

He needs to stop feeling sorry for himself.

He should be counting all his blessings as most of the negative things in his life are his own doing
Amen. People have dealt with much worse things than he has experienced....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back