PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Jets are horrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually the Jets are 9th in the league in YPG and are currently 5th in the league in YPA with 4.9. Which is impressive considering the passing games Mark has had the past two games.

The Jets are still very good at running the ball despite what you wish to believe.

They are inconsistent at running the ball. They have a few good plays to overshadowed the bad ones. Tomlinson has been good to break at least one run for over 20 yards a game to up the average. Against the Pats 31 of his 76 yards came on one run. The o-line has clearly struggled at times without Faneca. It isn't nearly as dominating.

The Jets have played well the last two games. Not taking anything away from them. But it isn't as rosey as you make it nor as gloom and doom as many of the Pats fans make it. It is too early to make grande statements about any team.

Yup Cromartie was just awful on Moss. He was brought in to be their #2 wr, not the #1. I guess I'd rather have Darius Butler as my #2.

When Revis gets back they'll be just fie back there.

And he was getting burnt vs. Aaron Hernandez in the first half of the Pats game. He got burnt against Todd Heap in the first game. Make him cover a TE and he is toast. Again, the ONLY time he played consistent was against Moss in the second half with a lot of help.

We aren't comparing Butler and Cromartie. Butler is irrelevant to conversation and a red herring. I never said Butler or any of the Pats CBs other than McCourty are any good. Cromartie is Lito Sheppard 2.0. He isn't a significant upgrade to Sheppard and is an average CB who give up as many or more big plays as he makes.

And he was getting burnt vs. Aaron Hernandez in the first half of the Pats game. He got burnt against Todd Heap in the first game. Make him cover a TE and he is toast. Again, the ONLY time he played consistent was against Moss in the second half with a lot of help.

We aren't comparing Butler and Cromartie. Butler is irrelevant to conversation and a red herring. I never said Butler or any of the Pats CBs other than McCourty are any good. Cromartie is Lito Sheppard 2.0. He isn't a significant upgrade to Sheppard and is an average CB who give up as many or more big plays as he makes.

I do think Rob that you,I and just about any Pats fans still would love to have Cromartie opposite McCourty instead of the Butler can't do it,Wilhate the way he plays or Weakly...its not a contest,Antonio is no Champ Bailey but he certainly is heads and shoulders above our current group of lameasses and the fact he is not a top corner speaks volumes about our guys.

Last edited:
They are inconsistent at running the ball. They have a few good plays to overshadowed the bad ones. Tomlinson has been good to break at least one run for over 20 yards a game to up the average. Against the Pats 31 of his 76 yards came on one run. The o-line has clearly struggled at times without Faneca. It isn't nearly as dominating.

The Jets have played well the last two games. Not taking anything away from them. But it isn't as rosey as you make it nor as gloom and doom as many of the Pats fans make it. It is too early to make grande statements about any team.

So you're holding the big running plays against us? I'm sorry big running plays are a staple of good running teams. Jones often gained most of his yards after he got 15 carries and above and would break off bigger runs.

The O line struggles have mainly been in pass blocking and penalties. Slauson is actually a pretty good run blocker despite most of his faults.

I do think Rob that you,I and just about any Pats fans still would love to have Cromartie opposite McCourty instead of the Butler can't do it,Wilhate the way he plays or Weakly...its not a contest,Antonio is no Champ Bailey but he certainly is heads and shoulders above our current group of lameasses and the fact he is not a top corner speaks volumes about our guys.

There are a lot of other #2 CBs I would rather have as the Pats' #2 CB than either Butler or Cromartie. Cromartie is probably a middle of the pack (at best) #2 CB in this league while Butler is near the bottom. Heck, I would take Lito Sheppard who Cromartie replaced than Butler right now the way he is playing. Since the Jets got Cromartie, all we heard is the Jets have the best CB duo in the NFL. That argument only works if you put almost any CB opposite Revis and they will be the best CB duo in the league.

But Butler is a red herring. What does he have to the discussion about Cromartie other than to deflect the issue. The argument is that the Jets felt in the Jets' system he would return to or close to his 2007 level and he clearly is more like his 2008 or 2009 level.

Last edited:
So you're holding the big running plays against us? I'm sorry big running plays are a staple of good running teams. Jones often gained most of his yards after he got 15 carries and above and would break off bigger runs.

The O line struggles have mainly been in pass blocking and penalties. Slauson is actually a pretty good run blocker despite most of his faults.

I'm saying that since they are running less, the big running plays affect their average more than last year.

Jones is a straight ahead power runner. That is how they work. They pound the defense. That is what Shonn Greene was supposed to do this year.

BTW, last night was the first time Tomlinson rushed 15 times in a game this season. Shonn Greene only did it last week (and his average is 3.5 YPC).

Last edited:
Why even talk about a player that's been a non factor this year. Other than to make that point, that's all I can say about Greene. The Jets running game has been sufficient, but no where close to last years. We call ourselves a ground and pound team, yet our passing game is the reason we won yesterday.

Breaking news: The Jets are riding a record 2 game win streak..this must mean superbowl!

Breaking news: The Jets are riding a record 2 game win streak..this must mean superbowl!

When you make comments like this, you look silly. Granted, the fans who were talking SB before the season are fair game. But the Jets are playing good enough football right now to say that if they remain consistent, they'll make the playoffs. They are without Pace (their best pass rusher), Revis, their best CB and everyone knows the level of talent that Holmes brings to the field.

The Jets can and should get better over the next couple of weeks.

When you make comments like this, you look silly. Granted, the fans who were talking SB before the season are fair game. But the Jets are playing good enough football right now to say that if they remain consistent, they'll make the playoffs. They are without Pace (their best pass rusher), Revis, their best CB and everyone knows the level of talent that Holmes brings to the field.

The Jets can and should get better over the next couple of weeks.

Guess what? Revis doesnt care any more about playing good..he got his money..got owned by moss and faked an injury. He just wants money..and Sanchez and LT WILL shut down in the cold..and domes dont count as "playing in the cold"

I'm curious to see how the Jets' ground game will hold up once LT wears down. If Shonn Greene can step in like he did last year, they'll be in really good shape. If he looks like he's looked the last few weeks, they might have some problems.

Yeah, you're a real stand-up guy, sticking by your team whether it plays well or poorly. :rolleyes:

I made a knee-jerk thread and it looks like it bit me in the arse. I wanted to make an appearance after all the sh*t I talked. Shoot me.

Last edited:
QB
WR

At this point, these are the only two groups we are clearly superior to the Jets in and that scares me. Belichick is obviously a Hall-of-Fame coach but Ryan has been a better coach 2009-now.

Sanchez is actually looking like a good QB after getting his confidence back (Thanks Pats defense!) and LT's having some type of carreer revival. Braylon Edwards has become a beast again. He acts like a piece of **** punk on and off the field but he backs it up. They don't even have Santonio Holmes yet, and he's the better WR.

Their defense is now 3-0 without Revis. They still haven't even played with Pace yet either.

They are the best team in the AFC East, with their one loss being by one point to a great Ravens defense. Their roster is only going to get better (Healthy Revis, Pace back, Holmes reinstated) as the season goes on.

Last edited:
Re: The Jets Are Horrible

Love this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore