PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Case for Eliot Wolf to be Elevated to General Manager in Front Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give the wolf a life time deal I’m sure Kraft would write him a blank check.
This is a huge sign we are trading up. Let Belichick and McDaniels chat up saban.
While The Wolf is on the prowl.

I was more cynical thinking they're sending him on trips that won't matter. I'm extremely concerned McDaniels did a recent solo trip to Florida. He leaves a trail of tears when he gets enamored with Florida players (Chad Jackson, Tim Tebow). Just rule out all Florida players now to be safe.

I was more cynical thinking they're sending him on trips that won't matter. I'm extremely concerned McDaniels did a recent solo trip to Florida. He leaves a trail of tears when he gets enamored with Florida players (Chad Jackson, Tim Tebow). Just rule out all Florida players now to be safe.
I like Toney if he falls to the second. However I too fell in love with Chad Jackson’s combine. I thought his ceiling was Moss and Owens mix.
I laughed when Pitt drafted Holmes and yelled called every person in my contact list who watched football ran In the streets cheering snd I ordered all the Chad Jackson stuff I could find on eBay. As soon as we traded up for him.
That was the happiest I was in any Patriots draft.
God help me.

The 7th round mock draft they have on a article here on Pats fans is the worst Toney with a slight trade down and Trask I stopped reading it was awful.
I’d rather risk trading 3 1sts for Lance then that haul.

The 7th round mock draft they have on a article here on Pats fans is the worst Toney with a slight trade down and Trask I stopped reading it was awful.
I’d rather risk trading 3 1sts for Lance then that haul.

The mocks with the Pats are all pretty crazy. The one constant is bet on Belichick taking a guy we never heard of. When is the last time they went with a guy people talked a lot about here? Pretty much never. Always a lot of googling who the hell is this guy on Day1.

what does Kraft mean when he says we are changing e way we draft?
I think he means drafting better talent (better athletes, especially) instead of situational players. Bill has done this before . . . Jamie Collins, DMac, Kyle Duggar and many others say hello.

what does Kraft mean when he says we are changing e way we draft?

I don’t think anyone outside of the organization knows and we probably won’t know exactly what Kraft was talking about, but it could mean that the Pats are taking a more in-house collaborative approach this year, with greater emphasis placed on input from the scouts and their top personnel guys (Ziegler, Wolf) and less emphasis on the opinions of Bill’s buddies in the college coaching ranks. Hopefully, they will also be moving away from over-drafting Bill’s personal binkies, which often involves overlooking athleticism and college production, because that usually doesn’t end well.

It could also mean that Kraft was confusing free agency and the draft. ;)

Oh man. I looked back and I forgot just how bad it’s been for the Pats with Florida players in the draft, including pre-BB.

AC2BB26B-6D9C-4662-8D99-0B2160778326.jpeg

I like Toney if he falls to the second. However I too fell in love with Chad Jackson’s combine. I thought his ceiling was Moss and Owens mix.
I laughed when Pitt drafted Holmes and yelled called every person in my contact list who watched football ran In the streets cheering snd I ordered all the Chad Jackson stuff I could find on eBay. As soon as we traded up for him.
That was the happiest I was in any Patriots draft.
God help me.
Me too, I was over the moon when we drafted Chad Jackson. Thought he was going to be a stud for years to come. Instead he was just another example of the curse of #17.

Not so fun fact: the only player who saw “success” in a Patriot uniform with that number was Mike Taliaferro, who was selected as an AFL All-Star in 1969 as a member of the Boston Patriots, and that was while having a 4-10 record, a 19:18 TD:INT ratio, and -16 yards running in 12 attempts.

Funny. but you have no idea what really went into that choice. Yes it's been reported some in the front office wanted Brown or Samuel and even if that's true it doesn't say they thought Harry was a bust they all could have still thought very highly of Harry and likely did.
Yep, a lot of people taking their personal opinions and projections and treating them like fact.

The 2012-19 draft has not been bad if you look at the overall draft and factor in draft position but few will do that.

Correlation is not causation, yet some act as if it is.

Me too, I was over the moon when we drafted Chad Jackson. Thought he was going to be a stud for years to come. Instead he was just another example of the curse of #17.

Not so fun fact: the only player who saw “success” in a Patriot uniform with that number was Mike Taliaferro, who was selected as an AFL All-Star in 1969 as a member of the Boston Patriots, and that was while having a 4-10 record, a 19:18 TD:INT ratio, and -16 yards running in 12 attempts.
Retire the number in the hall of Shame.
I’ll cry if we draft a receiver and give him that number.

Tavon Wilson 2nd-round pick, 2012.

All the analysts said "what the ???".

Ras I Dowling 2nd-round pick, 2011.

Just don't draft CBs or WRs anymore until the evaluation system for CBs and WRs is completely blown up and rebuilt. It's a staggeringly bad Patriots draft history. I would say league worst at drafting CBs and WRs since 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots