PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Case for Eliot Wolf to be Elevated to General Manager in Front Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eliot Wolf should never be promoted because he didn’t neutralize Josh MacDaniels draft input.

This is before he shattered his ankle? Are there any Pro Day times after his ankle had healed to prove this?

do you think his agent would let him run if he was less than 100 percent?

do you think his agent would let him run if he was less than 100 percent?

So the answer is No? There is no confirmation that he has healed properly?

If there is no confirmation, I do not think he can be a Top 10 pick. Some injuries heal well, but others cause players to drop in the draft with good reason - ankles can linger and never fully heal.

Why would anyone assume Asiasi or Keene could be gone ? They red shirted their first year after having no offseason, a limited preseason and spending substantial amount of time during the season on IR. I guess we should have gotten rid of James White as well after he did nothing at all in his first year.

The thoughts some people have are getting dumber and dumber.
We took the two top FA TEs. If that is not an indictment on their future I don't know what is.

If bb is prioritizing speed and athleticism, then he must trade trade up to 11 and grab waddle.

he is the poster boy for speed and suddenness.
Of course Waddle had an almost season ending ankle injury that has prevented him from participating in any pro days. I can just imagine the outrage on this board if he was drafted and then had lost a step or two.

We took the two top FA TEs. If that is not an indictment on their future I don't know what is.
It indicates they are going to run a power offense using two TE sets much of the time, and that means more than two TE’s on the roster for depth and possible jumbo packages with three TE’s on the field at once.

Regardless, both could be gone and it is still a really good draft.

Thanks Landsdowne for the find. This is tragic. Great player and he was devastated we took Harry over him. Banish Josh McDaniels from the War Room or draft process.

Of course Waddle had an almost season ending ankle injury that has prevented him from participating in any pro days. I can just imagine the outrage on this board if he was drafted and then had lost a step or two.

I would consider trading up to #11 for Pitts & Chase, but not for the Alabama guys.

If one or both of them are available at #15, then yeah I'll pull the trigger - Waddle then Smith - and hope it's not loaded...

So the answer is No? There is no confirmation that he has healed properly?

If there is no confirmation, I do not think he can be a Top 10 pick. Some injuries heal well, but others cause players to drop in the draft with good reason - ankles can linger and never fully heal.

I think his agent will make sure copies of his medicals go out to all the teams just prior to the draft.

I would consider trading up to #11 for Pitts & Chase, but not for the Alabama guys.

If one or both of them are available at #15, then yeah I'll pull the trigger - Waddle then Smith - and hope it's not loaded...
I’ve been thinking a trade up for Chase would be a a good move.

Would Miami take smith at number 6? He and Tua could be special together.

You would take a guy that broke his ankle, and has not demonstrated it healed well, at #15? That seems like a reach to me. I would prefer Paye or Collins or someone that was healthy and performed well at a recent Pro Day or the Senior Bowl or other.

You would take a guy that broke his ankle, and has not demonstrated it healed well, at #15? That seems like a reach to me. I would prefer Paye or Collins or someone that was healthy and performed well at a recent Pro Day or the Senior Bowl or other.

I smell what you're cooking and yeah it would be a reach because of the unknown prognosis...But if his injury never happened then he himself would be out of reach...Bill would still have to be given some kind of reassurance that he's good to go...

I smell what you're cooking and yeah it would be a reach because of the unknown prognosis...But if his injury never happened then he himself would be out of reach...Bill would still have to be given some kind of reassurance that he's good to go...

We tried the "he would be out of reach if not for the injuries" with Dominique Easley. Those who do not learn from history are bound to repeat it.

"
The Patriots’ drafts from 2016-19 collectively rank sixth-worst in the NFL, according to the weighted career Approximate Value (AV) of players selected.

AV is a metric that represents a player’s impact on a given season with a single number. Weighted career AV reflects a player’s total career impact, while balancing peak production (i.e. his numbers from a Pro Bowl year) against raw career totals. Basically, it’s a more refined way of measuring a player’s value to his team instead of seasons started or Pro Bowls made.

Approximate Value is far from perfect, but its algorithm allows player comparisons across positions and generations. To wit, the all-time career leaders in AV are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, with Jerry Rice checking in at No. 5.

Over the past five years, Pats draftees have combined for a weighted career AV of 166. Only the Cardinals (109), Buccaneers (155), Raiders (156), Vikings (157) and Washington Football Team (165) have yielded less lately from the draft. "

"
The Patriots’ drafts from 2016-19 collectively rank sixth-worst in the NFL, according to the weighted career Approximate Value (AV) of players selected.

AV is a metric that represents a player’s impact on a given season with a single number. Weighted career AV reflects a player’s total career impact, while balancing peak production (i.e. his numbers from a Pro Bowl year) against raw career totals. Basically, it’s a more refined way of measuring a player’s value to his team instead of seasons started or Pro Bowls made.

Approximate Value is far from perfect, but its algorithm allows player comparisons across positions and generations. To wit, the all-time career leaders in AV are Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees, with Jerry Rice checking in at No. 5.

Over the past five years, Pats draftees have combined for a weighted career AV of 166. Only the Cardinals (109), Buccaneers (155), Raiders (156), Vikings (157) and Washington Football Team (165) have yielded less lately from the draft. "

Wow, Eliot Wolf really sucks.

Wow, Eliot Wolf really sucks.

He wasn't here during those crappy drafts. I know you don't realize it but you have so many bitter weird pathetic troll posts at this point, towards multiple posters, maybe instead of defending what are obviously draft failures by the Patriots, maybe be more solutions oriented on what to do moving forward.

He wasn't here during those crappy drafts. I know you don't realize it but you have so many bitter weird pathetic troll posts at this point, towards multiple posters, maybe instead of defending what are obviously draft failures by the Patriots, maybe be more solutions oriented on what to do moving forward.
I’m not the one making post after post day after day week after week about the exact same thing. Eliot Wolf’s father was Ron Wolf, who knew Bill Parcell’s, who knows Bill Belichick, who employs Josh MacDaniels, who has interacted with Eliot Wolf, thus everything is Eliot Wolf’s fault. See, I have now provided in one post as much supporting data for his suckitude as you have in 20,000 posts about Josh MacDaniels.

And the person trolling this forum is you, not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft