PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: The Case for Eliot Wolf to be Elevated to General Manager in Front Office

Status
Not open for further replies.
jVlXMI4.jpg

we drafted well up until 2013 and still had Tom Brady which explains those titles.

but 7 years of bad drafting and Brady leaving has left this team headed for mediocrity for many years.

we drafted well up until 2013 and still had Tom Brady which explains those titles.

but 7 years of bad drafting and Brady leaving has left this team headed for mediocrity for many years.
Brady is gone, and yes that sucks... But he didn't play in a vacuum... he didn't play defense... He didnt shut the rams down two years ago... That was done by the team built by the guys getting crapped on in this thread... So pardon me, but we disagree

There is talent on the roster, the Patriots have drafted talented players over the past 7 years... and if you come back with no "pro bowlers", i'm going to throw my shoe at you... Trey Flowers wasnt pro bowl worthy in '17 & '18? JC Jackson wasnt pro bowl worthy this year? pfffttt he was borderline all pro this year... Joe Thuney?

Are there misses in the draft? sure are... Harry, im looking at you.... but please, show me a team who hits every year...

is there a future adjustment due? Certainly. But the team isn't in such a bad position that the entire front office needs to be cleared out and a new regime installed. And that's the thought behind this thread. Its a DKF anti-John Carrol rant... Those guys put together a roster that went to four super bowls, won three of them... Guys in the front office are getting called out when the people calling them out have no freaking clue what their roles are...

So explain to me again about those banners

It's even more important we elevate Eliot Wolf here . We really need help in the front office. The John Carroll combo of McDaniels and Ziegler will lead the same decline we've seen the last half dozen years. Really not looking forward to the draft. Absolutely do not even consider wasting a bust pick on offense with the first pick.

It's even more important we elevate Eliot Wolf here . We really need help in the front office. The John Carroll combo of McDaniels and Ziegler will lead the same decline we've seen the last half dozen years. Really not looking forward to the draft. Absolutely do not even consider wasting a bust pick on offense with the first pick.
We need a QB Lance Wilson or Fields

In a huge coincidence they drafted very well from 2001-2004 (Pioli, Weiss) and 2009-2012 (Reese, O'Brien). In another huge coincidence Josh McDaniels wasn't here as coordinator those specific years (he was busy drafting Tim Tebow in the 1st round in Denver). In a final massive coincidence we have drafted terribly from 2013-now with Josh back and the John Carroll boys whispering moronic opinions to Belichick.

Belichick DRAFTS EXCELLENT when he has a strong GM and no McDaniels in the war room: (2001-2004, 2009-2012)

Last edited:
I'm open to Patricia helping to evaluate players . Can't be worse than the staff recently here . Completely shred/burn the crappy CB eval system developed by McDaniels in 2004, we've burned 5 CB draft picks the last 6 years. They still need to hold onto Eliot Wolf though.

I'm open to Patricia helping to evaluate players . Can't be worse than the staff recently here . Completely shred/burn the crappy CB eval system developed by McDaniels in 2004, we've burned 5 CB draft picks the last 6 years. They still need to hold onto Eliot Wolf though.

why doesn’t caserio get more scrutiny for the putrid drafting for the past 5 drafts or more?

why doesn’t caserio get more scrutiny for the putrid drafting for the past 5 drafts or more?

I'm not giving him a pass either. He works hard and doesn't seem like an ahole. I see him as neutral. Caserio and Belichick had great drafts from 2009-2012 when Reese and O'Brien were here. And Caserio was here for bad drafts from 2013-19 with McDaniels back. So he's probably an administrator dependent on the crappy info he gets from McDaniels and Ziegler, or good eval info from Reese and O'Brien. Same as Belichick.

I'm not giving him a pass either. He works hard and doesn't seem like an ahole. I see him as neutral. Caserio and Belichick had great drafts from 2009-2012 when Reese and O'Brien were here. And Caserio was here for bad drafts from 2013-19 with McDaniels back. So he's probably an administrator dependent on the crappy info he gets from McDaniels and Ziegler, or good eval info from Reese and O'Brien. Same as Belichick.

shouldn’t caserio have been the second loudest voice in the war room from 2013 to 2019? Wasn’t he the untitled GM?

shouldn’t caserio have been the second loudest voice in the war room from 2013 to 2019? Wasn’t he the untitled GM?

Like I said. He was there for good and bad. So he's not amazing. But he was there from 2009-12 when we drafted well. The one highly coincidental variable during the exact sh-tty drafting periods from 2005-2008 and 2013-2019 which the article clearly demonstrates with data as our worst drafting periods, is Josh McDaniels here in Foxboro as coordinator.

Mcdaniels drafted Tebow in the first round and traded a next years first rounder for Alphonzo Smith. So clearly he stinks at evaluating talent

Saying that the 2020 draft was the best in years is not really high praise since the previous drafts set a very low bar. Remember, Rohrwasser, Asiasi and Keene were also chosen and there is a real possibility all three will be gone.
Asiasi showed some promise. Unless they take Kyle Pitts in the 1st round, I don’t see Asiasi going anywhere. Let’s get a QB who can actually throw the ball, then we can gauge if Asiasi/ Keene are worth keeping.

1. Belichick is still an elite GM for the entire body of work including UDFA and low picks.
2. Part of this is he's the greatest coach ever so guys like Meyers and Edelman and Butler and JC Jackson get way better.
3. The high bust picks tell me the idiotic McDaniels CB/WR scouting system developed 15 years ago is garbage so we keep burning 2nd/1st round picks, but get saved by coaching up UDFA and lower pick guys.
So McDaniels has more input than Belichick in the higher draft picks ? Your inaccurate McDaniels propaganda is at a Josef Goebbels/Donald Trump level. We get that you have an agenda against McDaniels, but your insistence that he has more pull than Belichick in selecting draft picks is on a Q-Anon insanity level.

Last edited:
Bust offensive picks and yup the bust CB high picks. Based on the crappy CB metrics system developed by McDaniels/Caserio. Happy to link to the Wickersham article about it.

Wickersham. Hahahahahaha
Better to link Aesop or dr suess.

You’re joking right

So McDaniels has more input than Belichick in the higher draft picks ? Your inaccurate McDaniels propaganda is at a Josef Goebbels/Donald Trump level. We get that you have an agenda against McDaniels, but your insistence that he more pull than Belichick in selecting draft picks is on a Q-Anon insanity level.
No. You are missing the point. Everything that is negative is McDaniels fault and everything that is positive has nothing to do with McDaniels.
so the patriots can go 10 years as the elite offense and team in the nfl and McDaniels stinks as a OC bit if they miss a draft choice on a corner it is 100% the OCs fault.
I think it was McDaniels fault that time it was really hit and the concession stands ran out of water.

I thought Jennings looked lost. Maybe a full camp would have helped, but I figured he'd be a little more 'game ready' considering the program he came from.
There may be no position in any sport where uncertainty or hesitation hurts more than a linebacker.

I thought Jennings looked lost. Maybe a full camp would have helped, but I figured he'd be a little more 'game ready' considering the program he came from.
I also think Jennings was playing a different type of game that he was asked to do in Alabama. He will grow into it. Hopefully they use him as a pass rusher like he was used in college. Depending who we get in FA/the draft, I could see Uche, Winovich and Jennings being key contributors as pass rushers. Unlike most teams, not many rookies get a ton of playing time with the Pats. I’m really high on Uche & Winovich, Jennings, let’s see what happens with a full camp and if there is a 2nd year jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes