PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Teams you enjoyed seeing lose the Super Bowl

Manning throwing that pick six in SB 44 put the nail in the coffin of the national discussion of who was better between him and Brady. I’m still incredibly irritated that he did eventually get a second ring though.

I took more enjoyment in the Pats continuing to win, knowing how much it irked every other fan base. Close second was Manningface.

ShimmeringAliveHanumanmonkey-size_restricted.gif

Watching Manning loose to Saints was my best non-Patriots SB ever. I remember the feeling of elation that came on me after the game.

Manning throwing that pick six in SB 44 put the nail in the coffin of the national discussion of who was better between him and Brady. I’m still incredibly irritated that he did eventually get a second ring though.
Tom threw a pick six in a SB too, so...

All the ones people have named plus the 2010 Steelers. They were so sure Ben was winning #3 and the franchise was on the strairway to seven. At the time Sir Statefarm didnt annoy me like he does now so there was no downside.

I enjoyed watching Miami get there ***e$ kicked but due to that blunder in the final second of the first half I lost $1,500 in my squares pool. All the more reason to hate Marino.
Yep, the squares got me too. All I needed was for Oakland to pick him off and kneel on it, but he threw it right to the guy and he had a clear path to go the other way...I was SO mad because my wife and I were going away the following weekend for our anniversary and were all excited about the prospect of having some extra money...it just wasn't meant to be ;)

Steelers made 3 superbowls without beating brady once. In fact brady beat pittsburgh at Heinz in two of those years. He OWNED Pittsburgh and they knew it

Any loss by Manning was a good superbowl/

2000 Giants. They had no business being there and benefited from the Rams suffering tons of injuries.

1998 Atlanta Falcons. I still can’t believe that team had a 14-2 record. Not one team could rattle journeyman Chris Chandler. They had a ton of luck go their way. Avoiding GB, Hearst getting injured and a lights out kicker missing a routine field goal. That needed to end against the Broncos. So disappointing we never got to see the Vikings take on the defending champs.

1999 Titans. Good team, but nobody wanted to see them in the Super Bowl. Jaguars and Colts were the flashy teams most people wanted to see face the Rams.

2002 Raiders.

2009 Colts.

2010 Steelers.

2013 Broncos.

2020 Chiefs.

2013 Broncos, since they beat us in the AFCCG.

My favorite Steelers loss not to the Patriots was this one. They're the answer to a trivia question now :D

To the 10... Denver's going to New England! On the opening play!

My favorite is Atlanta getting beat by the Patriots after being up 28-3. I loved seeing Arthur Blank go from "busting a move" to utter dismay. No other Super Bowl comes close for me.

View attachment 36624

View attachment 36625
For pure schaudenfreude— which, let’s face it, is what this thread is about — you can’t beat thinking of allllll the posing fans across the country who went to bed happy that the evil Patriots finally got theirs, only to wake up to the news the next morning. I’m picturing a lot of spit coffee and choking on doughnuts.

watching peak PED Manning (55td/10 int, 5477 yards) get smashed by the seahawks was quite enjoyable... lots of delicious schadenfreude involved with that donks loss...

Yea that was definitely one of the most fun Superbowls to watch PEDton Manning get wrecked and embarrassed

Last edited:

LOL.

I thought Fivehead was about to tell them he was seeing ghosts! :D

7:40. Did he actually blame his center for the QB mistiming the snap and causing the safety? Yikes

I thought Pete was gonna run on the field with his players whenever they made a play lol

Last edited:
SB 48 has to take the cake for me.

2/2/14 was, up till the kickoff, a ****ty day for me since I was majorly gutted about the death of Phillip Seymour Hoffman. The Manning schadenfreude I derived from that game helped mitigate a bit of that angst and was a wellspring of humour for me for days after the fact. And of course, SB 49 wouldn't have been as satisfying as it was had Brady, Bill and co. not succeeded where Manning and his vaunted Broncos offense utterly crapped themselves.

My favorite Steelers loss not to the Patriots was this one. They're the answer to a trivia question now :D

To the 10... Denver's going to New England! On the opening play!

One of the rare occasions when it's fine to cheer for the Donkeys. LOL

My favorite has to be Super Bowl 50 when the Panthers lost to Denver!

I loved seeing Scam Newton playing like a wimp and getting humiliated! My disgust for him goes all the way to college when he was at aubarn, yes I know it is spelled wrong, but it a place that can never be said or written if you are a true Alabama fan!

Not quite a Super Bowl loser post...but Super Bowl champs who acted like losers.

The Eagles...I am relishing every moment of their fall from grace.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back