PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Stefon Diggs Not Present in Buffalo

This is your original comment...

You're saying Allen sucked when it counted most. I'm correcting you because your comment is inaccurate. In the 2021 postseason Allen completed 77.4% of his passes with 9 TDs, 0 INTs, a 149.0 passer rating, and he scored 83 points in two games. Twice he gave his defense the lead with under 2 minutes in the AFCCG and twice they blew it in spectacular fashion. Allen's "crapped out" factor in this game was at 0%.
Did either of them win?

No. They did not. Ultimately they crapped out.

The stats are meaningless. Thats what you need to understand here. For all the glory ball that you laud, for all the 38 running touchdowns josh allen has, for everything on a stat sheet... ultimately, its meaningless. Bradys first super bowl is 1000x's greater than his eighth... why? not because of the yards he didnt throw, the multiple td's he didnt pass for... but because he won... understand that, and maybe you'll understand

Did either of them win?

No. They did not. Ultimately they crapped out.

The stats are meaningless. Thats what you need to understand here. For all the glory ball that you laud, for all the 38 running touchdowns josh allen has, for everything on a stat sheet... ultimately, its meaningless. Bradys first super bowl is 1000x's greater than his eighth... why? not because of the yards he didnt throw, the multiple td's he didnt pass for... but because he won... understand that, and maybe you'll understand

Football is a team sport, tho. Brady didn't win those himself.

Did either of them win?
I know who won and lost the games. Had you merely said Buffalo lost to Kansas City then I wouldn't have said a word. However, you said Allen crapped out. He didn't. In fact he played a perfect game... unless you want to argue 13 seconds was too much time left on the clock.

So none of it counts unless you win the Super Bowl? Dan Marino isn't an all time great? His career is worthless. He's below Trent Dilfer. Moss... Welker... also bums.

I guess we'll have to differ here. Stats are a big part of the story. The Bills may have lost to the Chiefs in that ridiculous shootout but we can tell from Allen's stat line that he was brilliant in that game. That loss falls on him literally 0%. His defense crapped out.

Where does SB 52 rank among Brady's SB performances? I don't know exactly but it's higher than 8th.

It is a team sport. Even one player that is missing affects the whole entire team as a whole.

My eyes aren’t as good as they used to be but I think I saw him at the Hertz counter at Logan. He was with Hopkins and Larry Fitz

I know who won and lost the games. Had you merely said Buffalo lost to Kansas City then I wouldn't have said a word. However, you said Allen crapped out. He didn't. In fact he played a perfect game... unless you want to argue 13 seconds was too much time left on the clock.

So none of it counts unless you win the Super Bowl? Dan Marino isn't an all time great? His career is worthless. He's below Trent Dilfer. Moss... Welker... also bums.

I guess we'll have to differ here. Stats are a big part of the story. The Bills may have lost to the Chiefs in that ridiculous shootout but we can tell from Allen's stat line that he was brilliant in that game. That loss falls on him literally 0%. His defense crapped out.

Where does SB 52 rank among Brady's SB performances? I don't know exactly but it's higher than 8th.
It ranks below all 7 wins...

Marino ... What's the knock on him? He never won... What did they say after he lost the super bowl to the miners? He'll be back... Never quite got there...

When you measure mahomie against Brady what's the comparison? Rings... Why? Because that is what matters...

People place an inordinate amount of importance on stats, why? Because it gives them an easy way to organize and rank players... But ultimately it's meaningless... That's why there is always a recency bias in ranking players... The tired old line of I never saw them play gets rolled out as an excuse ...

Stats are just numbers.

Last edited:
When you measure mahomie against Brady what's the comparison? Rings... Why? Because that is what matters...

I'd have to disagree. In no other professional sport (MLB, NHL, NBA) is the number of rings the sole factor in determining who is the greatest. And even in football, the GOAT at just about every position is not the guy with the most rings (i.e., Lawrence Taylor is not the guy with the most number of titles for a defensive player, Jerry Rice doesn't have the most rings for a WR, etc.). It makes no sense to say someone is automatically the GOAT just by sheer number of championships. In my book, it's quality over quantity. The quality of the super bowl win, especially a player's performance, counts more. Additionally, the stats for the era the player was in is also a factor.

Last edited:
blasphemer!

or not.

i'll watch the wins, wont watch the loses... thus the stats are irrelevant

Aye, as long as you're honest haha.

29 TD's in three years in Buffalo I think he's earned the right to complain to his QB.
terrell owens images GIF
We're all those 29 against the Patriots? Seemed like it.

Even with his size, Allen has been taking a beating.

Its a losing philosophy to let the Franchise be exposed to more physical abuse.
He reminds me of Big Ben but Ben didn't run with the ball as much as he moved around to buy time. He was a load to bring down but didn't take off running that I remember.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back