PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Sony Michel waived by Rams

Didn't say stud. Harris is hurt. I hope the best for Strong.
The point was that Maroney and Sony did nothing without Brady.

Maroney danced in Denver just like he danced in NE.

Sony + Brady = Superbowl
Sony + Mac = Watching the playoffs on TV

Yeah, 0TD/1INT/71.4 rating Brady really carried 1TD/94yd Michel in the SB. Michel's 6TDs and 330yds rushing in the playoffs had nothing to do with the ring.
Sony had a 2 yard TD run.

Try watching the game again for a look at clutch QB play. Brady completed every pass on the TD drive to place the Pats offense on the 2 yard line. Ignore that fact to push the Sony/Mac narrative.

Who passed the ball so Edelman could rack up 141 yards and a 83% catch rate? And, Gronk, 67 yards and a 85% catch rate.

Who put the ball where it needed to go when the chips were down?

Michel's 6TDs and 330yds rushing in the playoffs had nothing to do with the ring.
Do you seriously want to go back and critique Bradys play vs SD and KC?

Really? He destroyed both teams. Ripped the heart out of KC.

Sony is unemployed.
That is not what you are arguing.

Your position is Sony sucked.

Perspective...

He was the leading rusher for 2 SB champions and two different QBs.

We don't win it in 18 without him and you can argue the same for the Lambs last year.

He was a late 1st rd pick. Not a top 10 one.

Anybody who expected those knees to have a long career is a fool.

His career has been a successful one. Period.

That is not what you are arguing.

Your position is Sony sucked.
True. The Pats moved on after only 2 full seasons
The Rams moved on after 1 season.
The Dolphins passed.
The Chargers moved on before the seasons end..
Perspective...

He was the leading rusher for 2 SB champions and two different QBs.

We don't win it in 18 without him and you can argue the same for the Lambs last year.

He was a late 1st rd pick. Not a top 10 one.
1st round picks should be players that you dont get rid of after 2 years.
Anybody who expected those knees to have a long career is a fool.

Debatable

Sony was fortunate to play with the GOAT and land a SB team with a 41 TD passing offense and the best NFL WR at that time. Unless you'd like to tell me that the 2007 50 TD Pats weren't a passing team which would not shock me to push the Sony narrative which is similar to the Mac Jones story.

sad, but Sony was never a game changer. Seemed to lose his vision the 2nd year and slam into the line for ~1yd every time.

Sony has a lot to do with ring #6… but I wonder how much was him and how much was the OL with Gronk’s help opening up huge holes for him to run through. I think any decent NFL back would take advantage of that.

True. The Pats moved on after only 2 full seasons
The Rams moved on after 1 season.
The Dolphins passed.
The Chargers moved on before the seasons end..
They moved on for salary reasons and injury concerns. Plus the position is a commodity. Same thing will happen to Harris. There is no question Sony produced here.
1st round picks should be players that you dont get rid of after 2 years.
Not accurate. Picks after 15 have a < 30% success rate of starting and having a career longer than 5 years. Sony is on that borderline.
Debatable

Sony was fortunate to play with the GOAT and land a SB team with a 41 TD passing offense and the best NFL WR at that time. Unless you'd like to tell me that the 2007 50 TD Pats weren't a passing team which would not shock me to push the Sony narrative which is similar to the Mac Jones story.
I see. In your view passing teams don't need to run the ball when the HAVE to. History tells us otherwise.

Some people are so into being butt-hurt that the truth is irrelevant.

They'll cling to that whole thing that it was a bad draft pick FOREVER.

The same people are the ones still listening to Boston Sports Talk Radio.

They can't wait for their next dose of butt hurt.

Some other lump of misery to hang on to for years and years.

Oh, forgot to say, Happy New Year! (lol!)

Some people are so into being butt-hurt that the truth is irrelevant.

They'll cling to that whole thing that it was a bad draft pick FOREVER.

The same people are the ones still listening to Boston Sports Talk Radio.

They can't wait for their next dose of butt hurt.

Some other lump of misery to hang on to for years and years.

Oh, forgot to say, Happy New Year! (lol!)
I just don't get it.

We can all agree Sony was not an All-Pro.

In 73 NFL games (inc playoffs) he has 890 carries, over 3720yds rushing - a 4.18ypc, 28 TDs and was key offensive player on 2 Super Bowl Champions.

In what universe is not a successful career?

HNY to you as well!

I just don't get it.

We can all agree Sony was not an All-Pro.

In 73 NFL games (inc playoffs) he has 890 carries, over 3720yds rushing - a 4.18ypc, 28 TDs and was key offensive player on 2 Super Bowl Champions.

In what universe is not a successful career?

HNY to you as well!
The problem is the hype around the NFL Draft.

So many fans equate "First Round Pick" to "Superstar Player" despite all the evidence that it often doesn't work that way.

You would think our fan base would see the fallacy after selecting the GOAT QB in the sixth round, but in general they don't.

You would think applying just a tiny bit of logic they'd admit the last pick in the first round is likely to have less talent than the first pick in the first round, but, nope, all they see is "First Round Pick" and get butt hurt when that player doesn't have a GOAT career.

You would think they would learn that different teams have different criteria and processes for evaluating players and these processes aren't perfect so often we see talented players picked after our picks, but, nope, somehow our team is expected to make perfect selections even after hindsight gets applied.

As I said, some people just seem to want to be butt hurt. They just don't want to look at the big picture of what one can realistically expect from a given draft position then nor include the idea that the process is not perfect and some times events work against you despite good intentions. They'd rather believe that a team that put together the longest dynasty run in NFL history with six SB wins is run by idiots who keep making dumb decisions. It seems to give them a sense of power, power that their real world lives don't give to them.

Best play of his career was a nice long run when the Pats were backed up on the 5 yard line at the end of the Super Bowl against the Rams. Got it to around the 30 yard line. That and the 4th & 1 TD against the Chiefs in the AFCCG.

He was more of a product of the OL and Brady/Edelman/Gronk posing as threats in the passing game. Lots of mid to late-round to UDFA RBs each year look just as good as he did in his rookie year, although it's not often those guys get as many snaps as a 1st or 2nd rounder.

I had no idea. Has that ever been discussed on PatsFans?
That’s pretty wild, I know I just saw it myself.
Shocking to see this, we really should start discussing this and holding Bill accountable.

121554.jpg

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back