PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: So Jetsy: Jamal Adams Demands a Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam's is doing a world class job of tilting the Talent vs. Distraction Scale® against himself early in his career...

My 2 cents:

1. Adams was the best player the Jets have drafted in the last 20 years. He's better than Kam Chancellor. Just because he played for the Jets doesn't negate that fact. Yes he IS that good.

2. That being said I am AMAZED that the Jets were able to get THAT much from Seatle.

3. Clearly the Jets and Adams were at a breaking point, especially after his outburst about Gase and Douglas the other day. The Jets HAD to move him. Common sense would make us think that his recent outburst would have LOWERED his trade value since it was clear that the Jets HAD to move him. So you have to wonder if there were some other teams in the running for Adams which moved the market up. It will be interesting to see if some rumors of other teams making offers for Adams surface over the next few weeks.

4. I think it was a good move by Seattle. Their first round picks over the next 2 years are likely to be in the mid 20's or worse. They are putting together what looks to be a pretty strong team on both sides of the ball. They are in a very competitive division, but they should be a contender over the next 2 years.

5. That being said, Joe Douglas should get some credit for salvaging a very bad situation and winding up with a lot more that what people thought would be a reasonable trade of Adams. But in the short term this will hurt the Jets. Gase is likely gone by the end of this season unless they make the playoffs. That's great for Douglas, because then he finally gets to pick his own HC, and gets significant draft capital to continue the 10 year rebuilding program the Jets seem to be in the midst of.

6. If Douglas is as an astute a draft picker as he was in maximizing a diminishing asset, this trade will EVENTUALLY work out for the Jets. We shall see.

Good trade for both teams but the Jets got the better of the deal ON PAPER..
BUT.... The Green Beans have been maybe the worst team in the NFL at 1. drafting and 2. developing those players.
Adams was lone exception to that rule.
So we all know they will screw up the picks.

Holy **** what a haul. Two 1st rounders and a third.

The haul was good on paper but it’s the Jets. They will either use those picks to draft complete busts or they will draft studs, still suck, mistreat said studs, then trade them and just repeat the process.

Adams is an elite safety, but that was a whole crap load to get a safety even an elite one. I don't think I would give up that one.

That move means it is a make or break year for Gase or the Jets screwed up this move. You don't want Gase to have a bad year this year and being the one influencing the first of the two first rounders they get in this deal. Because if Gase picks his guy, that guy may not fit into the next coach's system.

if I am the Jets, I am dumping Gase after this season unless the Jets are legitimate contenders and then rebuilding yet again next year with a different head coach. This draft pick haul will be wasted with Gase as your head coach.

And the Jets haven't had the best first round record in the last decade even when they have had several top ten picks. Most of their first round picks have been busts or disappointments and already off the team in recent years. They have had 6 top ten picks in the last decade or so and only one elite player to show from it who they just traded away.

Good trade for both teams but the Jets got the better of the deal ON PAPER..
BUT.... The Green Beans have been maybe the worst team in the NFL at 1. drafting and 2. developing those players.
Adams was lone exception to that rule.
So we all know they will screw up the picks.
I’m confused how people think the jets got the better of this trade.
The jets drafted Adams #6 and he has at least proven to be #6 quality.
The Seahawks are a perennial playoff team. The picks will probably be in the mid 20s.
So the jets get nothing this year.
Next year they get half the trade value and in 2 years they get the rest of it.

If you are picking at 25 and are a perennial
Playoff team and there was a player you wanted at 6 and were 100% certain that in the NFL he would be a player good enough to be worthy of at least being picked 6th would you trade 25 plus next years 1 to move up to 6 and get him. Of course you would and it would be a good trade.
In this case they did just that bit get an extra year of the player before the picks start going away.

I'd have to imagine he had an idea this was coming.
You don’t work for the jets and not realize the chance of having their best (only good?) player refuse to play for the mess that organization is.
You just accept it and pray you get offered a job with a real organization sometime soon.
I wonder what the fallout is going to for having the player most vocal about the owner being a disgusting racist getting traded for speaking up.

I’m confused how people think the jets got the better of this trade.
The jets drafted Adams #6 and he has at least proven to be #6 quality.
The Seahawks are a perennial playoff team. The picks will probably be in the mid 20s.
So the jets get nothing this year.
Next year they get half the trade value and in 2 years they get the rest of it.

If you are picking at 25 and are a perennial
Playoff team and there was a player you wanted at 6 and were 100% certain that in the NFL he would be a player good enough to be worthy of at least being picked 6th would you trade 25 plus next years 1 to move up to 6 and get him. Of course you would and it would be a good trade.
In this case they did just that bit get an extra year of the player before the picks start going away.
Seattle will be good but NYJ will be in the lottery the next 2-3 years. So they'll have theirs (top 10 picks) and Sea to move around.
Sea gave up too much but is all in when their QB is peaking, at his best. I'd rather upgrade the OL but who knows how they feel about that.

Seattle will be good but NYJ will be in the lottery the next 2-3 years. So they'll have theirs (top 10 picks) and Sea to move around.
Sea gave up too much but is all in when their QB is peaking, at his best. I'd rather upgrade the OL but who knows how they feel about that.
If you were a playoff team picking at 25 and a were sure a guy who will be as good as Adams in the nfl were available at 6 would you trade 25 plus next years 1 to get him? I would without a seconds delay, and if I was at 6 I’d only take 25 plus next years if my team was rebuilding.

The Seahawks got fleeced.

The Seattle GM was making all the right moves until this debacle.

Seattle had to make some move to compete with the 49ers. I don't mind the compensation because Seattle has struggled drafting in the first round. But for a S like Adams, that was too much. I think he's overrated and not in the same class of an Ed Reed or an Earl Thomas. In terms of compensation, Jets won. However, why would an Owner let Gase (who'll probably be fired soon) trade away their only star player?

Bad Ownership move not for seeing the big picture. Seattle is trying to win now while NY is collecting draft picks like they're playing Madden.

The Seahawks got fleeced.

The Seattle GM was making all the right moves until this debacle.
IMHO, it depends. He is 2 years away from UFA. If they lose him after those 2 years - as the Jets were certainly going to - then it was a bad deal for them. But if they are planning a long term extension, it was probably a good deal.

(And yes I know that he might not necessarily be a UFA if franchised, but IMHO that's not something you want to do on the 3rd year of acquiring a new player)

Oh look, the Jets rebuilding for the future.

Where have I heard this before?
Year 3 of Adam Gase, right?

*checks watch* Right on schedule. The Jets Rebuilding Train is never late.

Seattle got the better of the trade. Let’s say Seattle gets the 20-25th pick in the draft the next two years. That’s likely with their history. Those two picks are the equivalent of roughly pick #8. And that is also a year, and then two years, down the road. Time dilutes value typically, so #8 is generous.

So if the Jets theoretically are picking #8, are the odds likely that they’ll draft a guy as good as Adams? Heck no. Adams is already arguably the best safety in the league.

This was not like the Bears shopping Mack. Keep in mind the Bears had to pay Mack on the franchise tag 20M+ and had no choice. The Jets had Adams for 2020 for pennies, 2021 for peanuts, and 2022 for a great value with the S franchise tag. That is why Adams attempted to force their hand...and he did.

This will end up being Dee Milliner 2.0. For those don’t remember, the Jets traded Revis for the Bucs first round pick (#9) and took CB Milliner, who was a monumental bust. I’m sure this will wind up the same for these morons.

1. Adams was the best player the Jets have drafted in the last 20 years. He's better than Kam Chancellor. Just because he played for the Jets doesn't negate that fact. Yes he IS that good.
You think Adams is better than Revis?

Gonna miss his play on the field. Dude is legit.

With that said... holy crap is that a haul in return.

And a decent safety from Seattle as well.

With Mosley and Williamson both back at MLB (both injured last year), suppose a great SS was a bit of a luxury anyway.

I'm not a big fan of draft picks. I'd rather see my team go for proven NYFL players.

My guess would be that the two 1st rounders will get top dollar and then disappear. The 3rd round pick will be a punter and he'll stay. The player from the Hawks will demand a trade after he meets Gaze.

You think Adams is better than Revis?
OK, you got me there. So can we agree that Jamal Adams is the SECOND best draft pick the Jets have made in the last 20 years. ;). And lets revisit this post in 10 years and see if it still holds up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back