PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Seahawks injurygate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised. Again it's everyone else gets special treatment and if it's the Pats, we get crucified.

Rules for me, but not for thee.

Goodell: Putting the "fun" back into "dysfunctional" in the NFL!

Goody ignores it knowing the butt wipe press wont follow up on sainted repeat offenders

Zero wins since injurygate. They'd never have beaten the Broncos if they'd given a legit injury report.

Hmm.....

Repeat offender status, too, right?
Richard Sherman jaywalked when he was 7 years old, he's going to get hit HARD for these repeat unrelated offenses.

Hey Shermit, how many Morphines did you get injected to play?

richard-sherman-taunt.jpg

Richard Sherman jaywalked when he was 7 years old, he's going to get hit HARD for these repeat unrelated offenses.

No...

The Seattle Seahawks lost more than just a football game this weekend.

The NFL on Monday came down hard on the Seahawks for violating league rules about offseason workouts, fining the team $400,000 and head coach Pete Carroll $200,000 while taking away Seattle’s fifth-round draft pick in 2017 and forcing the club to forfeit its first three days of 2017 organized team activities.

Seattle was penalized for holding workouts that included excessive on-field contact, specifically a June 6, 2016, workout that included “live contact” drills which aren’t allowed under the league’s collective bargaining agreement with the NFL Players’ Association.

he Seahawks are repeat offenders, as they were punished for similar excessive contact violations in both 2012 and 2014.

Seahawks Lose Draft Pick, Fined By NFL For Offseason Workout Violations

Yep.
$5 million investigation.
$1 million fine.
A first and a fourth.
Four game suspension for HC.
Simple.

And, the really galling thing? What Seattle did, actually happened!

you and your Logic

I think we all know less is going to happen with this than with the Steelers using footballs below 12.5 PSI this season.

I guess the important thing is that Roger believes the rules apply to everyone, equally, not that it actually happens.

One league source expressed outrage over the Sherman situation, pointing out that deliberate failure to comply with injury-reporting rules compromises the integrity of the game in a significant way.

“They flat-out lied week after week to the league and the public,” the source said.

So a league source is angry about being lied to...o_O

Every time a story like this breaks, I keep thinking about this.

Seriously NFL, no one cares about this crap. Figure yourself out.

I think we all know less is going to happen with this than with the Steelers using footballs below 12.5 PSI this season.

I guess the important thing is that Roger believes the rules apply to everyone, equally, not that it actually happens.

There is no way Roger believes the rules apply to everyone equally, and his imposed punishments clearly show that.

When it involves NY teams we have seen the following inconsistencies, please correct me if I am wrong.

During Tripgate, the Rats were initially allowed to investigate themselves. Has any other team been allowed to do so?

During WalkieTalkieGate, the Giants did not lose a pick, they just had a pick devalued. Has any other team had a pick devalued as opposed to being swapped or taken?

During the Rats tampering of Revis, the Rats were only given a small fine. Has any other tampering case resulted in just a fine for the offender?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes