PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson to Yankees camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Why is he doing this? I mean - I get it but why go through all of this for an excruciatingly long shot? Very strange.

Baseball has MUCH less of a concussion stigma, it's MUCH safer for players who can make it to the league.

What's interesting is that he's trying out for the Yankees. I suppose they have the most money to burn on long shots, but at the same time they have the most money to spend on actual experienced baseball players. You'd think that would be a tough roster to crack.

What's interesting is that he's trying out for the Yankees. I suppose they have the most money to burn on long shots, but at the same time they have the most money to spend on actual experienced baseball players. You'd think that would be a tough roster to crack.

Well, they own his rights, so it's the Yankees or else he has to go back to his day job of being one of the better QBs.

what happens if he gets hurt? I would not be happy about this if I was Seattle, different sports require different muscles. One curveball thrown in jest in the outfield could lead to Tommy John surgery.

If I'm Wilson, and he thinks he could play baseball, than by all means do it. Its a longer career, more money, guaranteed money, and nobody is trying to take your head off.

Once again, shows what a mess Seattle is.

Well, they own his rights, so it's the Yankees or else he has to go back to his day job of being one of the better QBs.

Ah, I didn't know that, thank you! I forget sometimes how many guys get drafted in baseball, and what that means long term.

Reactions: jah
His minor league stats:
Russell Wilson Minor Leagues Statistics & History | Baseball-Reference.com

I don't think hitting .230ish and barely above a .700 OPS against low-A level pitching is going to make any Yankees big league players fear for their jobs.

Hey can do whatever he wants but... this is just strange. Seems like there could be more productive uses of his time and physical effort.

I read somewhere that his baseball rights were recently traded and that he's trying out mostly for the thrill of getting to wear the uniform and do professional Yankee baseball stuff for a day.

Well, for starters, mediocre baseball players make QB money.

There are only fifteen players who made more than Russell Wilson did last year, and none of those guys struggled mightily in the low minors.

Russell really likes attention.

There are only fifteen players who made more than Russell Wilson did last year, and none of those guys struggled mightily in the low minors.

Russell really likes attention.

I don't think his chances are great but if they were, it wouldn't be a terrible life choice.

I don't think his chances are great but if they were, it wouldn't be a terrible life choice.

True, but if he wants to do so he needs to commit instead of treating it like adult fantasy camp.

He's participating for "multiple days" at camp and isn't playing in any spring training games. He hasn't played in a professional baseball game since 2011. Yet he's talking about "Hey Stanton and Judge, let's go win a World Series." That's delusional, a publicity stunt, or both.

Russell Wilson to Participate at Yankees Spring Training for 'Multiple Days'

True, but if he wants to do so he needs to commit instead of treating it like adult fantasy camp.

He's participating for "multiple days" at camp and isn't playing in any spring training games. He hasn't played in a professional baseball game since 2011. Yet he's talking about "Hey Stanton and Judge, let's go win a World Series." That's delusional, a publicity stunt, or both.

Russell Wilson to Participate at Yankees Spring Training for 'Multiple Days'

Sure sounds like a PR thing.

He does it for fun ... whatever floats your boat.

Why is he doing this? I mean - I get it but why go through all of this for an excruciatingly long shot? Very strange.
"Go through all of this"? Go through what? It's pastoral sleepytime lawn recreation -- not like it's football or anything. He's having relaxing fun, like on a vacation.

Hopefully Brady won't defect to the Montreal Expos...
Dang I miss the Expos... as a kid living in a border county there was this big hill between me and the rest of Maine, so I didn't get the New England TV channels nearly as well as I got CTV, I watched a lot of Expos growing up in the Tim Raines/Andres Galarraga/Dennis Martinez/Gary Carter era. I loved that team, :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back