PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Russell Wilson signs contract extension for All The Money

Yeah. Hopefully he meets a supermodel with a 7 or 8-figure net worth. Otherwise, that’s not likely to happen. Even if Mac is a halfway decent QB, at best, he’s going to command a lot of money when it comes time to pony up.
...maybe Kathy Ireland and her company's $2b valuation will dump her husband and pick up Mac as her boy toy.

Last edited:
Yeah. Hopefully he meets a supermodel with a 7 or 8-figure net worth. Otherwise, that’s not likely to happen. Even if Mac is a halfway decent QB, at best, he’s going to command a lot of money when it comes time to pony up.

That needs another zero to be worthy of "supermodel." 7 figure is "run of the mill model with a couple of national contracts."
And no, those beach bunnies in your FL neighborhood don't qualify.

Yup..

Best thing Lamar can do right now is let his play speak for itself. He needs to have a great year if he wants that bag
And get a damned agent!

And get a damned agent!
No s__t. It's not like back in 2000 when Tedy represented himself and hired an attorney to review a $2m contract.

LJ has hundreds of millions of dollars on the line here.

Seeing how hes coming off a bit of a down year things could get a little tense and potentially adversarial.

I'd have liked to see him play this season first. He wasn't great last year and a half.

Yup..

Best thing Lamar can do right now is let his play speak for itself. He needs to have a great year if he wants that bag
I also think Tyler Huntley is pretty good....and would be a very cost effective alternative for the Ravens next year.

$265m w/ $165m guaranteed?

You are prob right but I just don't see him at Wilson/Mahomes/AR level.

He absolutely is not as good as them. BUT having a capable QB is the entire game, both in terms of being competitive on the field AND having a marketable superstar for business. So the market dictates it regardless if you’re not as good as some other guys.

He absolutely is not as good as them. BUT having a capable QB is the entire game, both in terms of being competitive on the field AND having a marketable superstar for business. So the market dictates it regardless if you’re not as good as some other guys.
Agree. He'll get paid but his market I think is less than the tier 1 QBs.

Yup. In this era if you don’t have a QB that is capable of getting it done Is 99% of the battle. You lose one because you were cheap and you put the franchise in flux and your fanbase revolts against the front office and most likely everyone gets fired.

QB’s and their agents know this

Since 1994, only 1 QB has ever won a Super Bowl taking up 13% or more of the team's salary cap that year. I'm not sayin', I'm jus' sayin'....

Please bear in mind that oftentimes, the early years of these big deals have low cap numbers so I am not necessarily ruling teams like KC, Cleveland, Denver or Baltimore (once Lamar gets his $200+ million deal) out of the picture quite yet.... but it is indeed worth noting IMHO.

Since 1994, only 1 QB has ever won a Super Bowl taking up 13% or more of the team's salary cap that year. I'm not sayin', I'm jus' sayin'....

Please bear in mind that oftentimes, the early years of these big deals have low cap numbers so I am not necessarily ruling teams like KC, Cleveland, Denver or Baltimore (once Lamar gets his $200+ million deal) out of the picture quite yet.... but it is indeed worth noting IMHO.
That Mahomes deal looks more team friendly each passing year

I'm sure Mac isn't even thinking about his next extension right now as he needs to focus on getting better this season.

Baltimore will cave and pay Lamar as they will be irrelevant without him. He will get a good deal.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back