PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: RIP - Shane MacGowan - Pour a Sip

Fantastic version of a Rainy Night in Soho from Glen Hansard and Friends on Irelands Late Late Show

It was Christmas eve babe... in the drunk tank... an old man said to me "Won't see another one..."

One of the GOATs of Christmas carols.
In one of the most unorthodox Christmas songs ever penned, McGowan better captures the meaning of Christmas than any of the other top 40 Christmas stuff that makes my ears hurt by December 6th. And because of one word most people here have never heard this absolute classic (Fairytale of New York). Elvis Costello bet Shane he could not write a commercially successful Christmas song without selling out. Wrong!

Reactions: sb1
Fantastic version of a Rainy Night in Soho from Glen Hansard and Friends on Irelands Late Late Show

, I never imagined that a Friday night staple of my upbringing like the Late Late Show on RTE, would be mentioned on a Patriots message board. Thank you....I watched the complete show because of Shane.... a unique songwriting talent.

“I could have been someone
Well so could anyone"

Gotta be one of the most vicious lines in a song, especially one about a couple at Christmas.

But he doesn’t leave it there. He follows with the hope of redemption. Such a great lyric.

“You took my dreams from me
When I first found you
I kept them with me babe
I put them with my own
Can't make it all alone
I've built my dreams around you”
Best part of the song

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore