PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT RIP R. Lee Ermey

Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP, and may his family find comfort in these dark days.

TMpJwVn.jpg

Last edited:
"Full Metal Jacket" was masterfully produced by Kubrick and the casting (initially he was only an advisor) of Ermey as "Gunnery Sergeant Hartman" was a touch of genius.. that role could only have been played by a former Marine.

Just another a-hole like the three DIs I had at PI. I remember they marched our whole platoon into the showers and then threw bleach and amonia on the floor and made us PT in the fumes. Why? Because someone scratched their neck when sand fleas were having their breakfast on our necks in formation.

Just another a-hole like the three DIs I had at PI. I remember they marched our whole platoon into the showers and then threw bleach and amonia on the floor and made us PT in the fumes. Why? Because someone scratched their neck when sand fleas were having their breakfast on our necks in formation.
Ouch.

I'm glad I didn't have Ermey or your DIs when I entered boot camp at Parris Island. I was too young for Viet Nam (fortunately) and EASed-out before Desert Storm...in other words, the absolute best decade to be a Jarhead...
Edit: I was remiss to forget the 240+ poor souls who were murdered inside their barracks on Sunday morning, 23 October 1983 in Beirut Lebanon. Semper Fi.

Last edited:
RIP, Bruno. The first wresting card I ever attended at the Garden (and one of the first few events of any kind that I attended at the Garden) was his triumphant return as WWWF champ in a re-match vs Stan the Man Staziak, whom Bruno had defeated for the title at MSG the previous month. I later attended many games, matches & concerts at the Garden in subsequent years, but very few - if any - of those events could top the sound level attained by that Sammartino-Staziak match. You had to be there to believe it.

Sounds like you should have joined the girl scouts. Ice up son. Sell some cookies. hahaha

"Full Metal Jacket" was masterfully produced by Kubrick and the casting (initially he was only an advisor) of Ermey as "Gunnery Sergeant Hartman" was a touch of genius.. that role could only have been played by a former Marine.

None of the actors that Kubrick had auditioned could quite pull it off, so he finally resorted to Ermey. Kubrick is notorious for being a micromanager but Ermey was, I think, the only actor Kubrick ever allowed to improvise his lines on the spot.

Sounds like you should have joined the girl scouts. Ice up son. Sell some cookies. hahaha

What did you do, wave your Baton around as the Drum Major in the High School Band? In case you don't know, which is probable, try Googling "mixing ammonia with bleach".

I'm glad I didn't have Ermey or your DIs when I entered boot camp at Parris Island. I was too young for Viet Nam (fortunately) and EASed-out before Desert Storm...in other words, the absolute best decade to be a Jarhead...
Edit: I was remiss to forget the 240+ poor souls who were murdered inside their barracks on Sunday morning, 23 October 1983 in Beirut Lebanon. Semper Fi.

I joined in 1973 and went to PI in July LOL! Let me tell ya, Chrome domes get steamy there in July. The Corps has a made a lot of changes to keep DIs in check but they were lunatics when I was in. There's one common thing I've found with all former Marines...you never forget them. I look back on it as "good times".

What did you do, wave your Baton around as the Drum Major in the High School Band? In case you don't know, which is probable, try Googling "mixing ammonia with bleach".

Nope. Not looking it up. It's the military bud. I spent 28 days on extra duty doing all types of shyt because I told the Drill Sgt to F' off. haha Spent six years doing all types of shyt. Most of it was great but some of it sucked. But nothing I experienced would compel me to take a dump on someone's grave that I've never met.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes