PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT RIP Jimmy Buffett

Saw a couple of his shows over the years, it was always a good time. My ex is a "parrothead".
Creepy as he and I are the same age.. life comes at you.

Saw a couple of his shows over the years, it was always a good time. My ex is a "parrothead".
Creepy as he and I are the same age.. life comes at you.
I’ll echo your sentiments re the passage of time. My father was born earlier in 1946. Healthy, active…. But it’s still 77. And as I creep up on 50, mortality seems to be on my mind more than it was a decade ago.

Oh damn... RIP Jimmy... hope you've found that one particular harbor...

Sad news indeed... Number 1 on my list of live shows seen... Enjoyed many a show with friends, from great woods, where every labor day weekend he would round out his summer tour in Mass til he switched that up when he became more popular, back when you could still get tickets the day of the show, to Fenway to Gillette stadium seeing him perform was a treat...

So long Boss, knock 'em dead, don't worry 'bout a thing
Wish that we could come along, we'd love to hear you sing
The limo's here, your bags are packed, the list is by the phone,
Me and Snake will watch your place and treat it like our own
Look at all this liquor
Look at all this food
It's only gonna go to waste
We're not really being rude
But the good stuff's in his closet, I swear he wouldn't mind
Hell, we''ll just shoot the lock off, I do it all the time
We're gypsies in the palace, he's left us here alone
The order of the sleepless knights will now assume the throne...

Last edited:
sad news, he made a guest appearance in Portsmouth RI last month and played a few songs. Might have been his last.

A tough day to be a Parrothead. Still, we trust the party continues elsewhere...

It's hard to go wrong selling recess

Sad day. RIP

Been to a few shows. Always had a great time. Great entertainer. Hes been battling cancer for years. RIP

I've done a bit of smugglin….
And I've run my share of grass…
I made enough money to buy Miami,
But I pissed it away so fast.
Never meant to last, never meant to last…

I saw him in concert outdoors. I want to say it was the old Foxboro stadium but not sure. I was a huge fan back then. RIP.

Been a rough week for iconic, genuinely good guys with the passing of Barker and Buffet.

Not my cup of tea, but his passing has me wondering what's next for the scene he created. Someone should carry the torch as Buffet's music spawned a cultural phenomenon that shouldn't die with one man. Sort of like the Grateful Dead legacy didn't end when Jerry Garcia died. The parrotheads now need a new musical leader to step forward.

Last edited:
I thought @Deus Irae was in charge of onituaries?

He decided Patsfans was beneath him and left in a fit of pique. That was months ago.

Ah, the memories. I remember a friend visiting Florida and returning to say Buffet will be big and he was there throughout my life. I'm at the age where the next name passes and it will most likely conjure up memories. RIP Jimmy.

Not my cup of tea, but his passing has me wondering what's next for the scene he created. Someone should carry the torch as Buffet's music spawned a cultural phenomenon that shouldn't die with one man. Sort of like the Grateful Dead legacy didn't end when Jerry Garcia died. The parrotheads now need a new musical leader to step forward.
Zac Brown talked about his passing Saturday Night. He said that Jimmy passed the torch to them when they were on Crossroads, and that he was honored and shocked that Jimmy did that. While I am certainly not a parrothead, I would challenge that there's no other band out there that has the similar party atmosphere that ZBB and their fans the Zamily bring. ZBB tailgates are legendary. I have attended a lot of shows, as you and I have discussed, and I feel I am fairly well qualified to make that judgement. No one will ever replace Jimmy Buffett, but I feel that ZBB can fill that void. I am interested to see what Zac does next to step into those shoes fully.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back