Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Should Steve Smith Sr. be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

• Yes, of course

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smith is that kind of player that you love if he is on your team, but hate him if he is not. Edelman is the same way. They both leave sweat and blood on the field. Don't take any **** home. Fierce? Yes. Dirty? No

Hall of Famer in my book.

Who was on him in the January 2015 playoff game? I feel like he was making some pretty incredible plays on us that game.

Who was on him in the January 2015 playoff game? I feel like he was making some pretty incredible plays on us that game.
Smith did his damage in the 1st Q with some catches and drawing a pi but after that Revis did a really good job on him

Would have been awesome as Patriot. Would have been the equivalent of a Rodney Harrison but on offense. Too bad Ozzie and Harbaugh didn't let him leave when he went to go visit them when he became a free agent. He had scheduled a visit to Foxborough after that Bmore trip. I'm sure Belichick would have sold him playing with Brady.

From the A Football Life episode on his career, it apparently was not close. He already had a relationship with Harbaugh (who was positively giddy to add him to the Ravens roster) and wanted to play the Panthers after they released him (Pats played the NFC North in 2014).

He comes across as a very grounded guy now. This year was about showing he could come back from the Achilles injury and still contribute. Plenty of sideline footage where he is talking about his kids.

I don't think I have heard very many admit stupidity and openly apologize for the early acts (for him the fights) in their careers, but he did. One tough, competitive SOB that I would have loved to see play with Brady. It just wasn't meant to be.

Smith did his damage in the 1st Q with some catches and drawing a pi but after that Revis did a really good job on him

The holding call when the Pats recovered a fumble inside the Ravens' 5 could have been a disaster. I remember thinking that Revis was not what he was - he was starting to have to grab more.

The holding call when the Pats recovered a fumble inside the Ravens' 5 could have been a disaster. I remember thinking that Revis was not what he was - he was starting to have to grab more.

He still had a very, very good year here but no question he was no longer the all-world CB he was with the NYJ.

Edelman salutes Steve Smith

Biggest mistake he ever made was not continuing his visit to NE. Biggest mistake.

He's a punk. He's gonna run his mouth to someone on the street like he does on the field and we'll read about it in a police blotter.

He's a punk. He's gonna run his mouth to someone on the street like he does on the field and we'll read about it in a police blotter.

Uhhhhh he hasn't yet and I bet he's a totally different person off the field than on.

Hell, TB is a different person off than on.

There is a video of him teaching youngsters where one of them tells Smith his favorite team is the Pats. Smith responds with the "watcha talkin' bout, Willis" look. Hilarious.

that was a funny video, you can tell he was about to say something like, "ima slap you upside the head, 'go patriots' my ass."

but i thought smith was a good sport about it, even acknowledging that he had to bite his tongue:

You're such a sour son of a ***** and you bring this site down to the level of a Broncos board. I don't think you even like football, but rather have no identity other than being a Pats fan. One of those "I only root for the laundry" assholes. Steve Smith was a tremendous receiver and gave DCs a fit. He was one of the few remaining players that made the NFL fun to watch and it sucks that he's done.

He's a punk. Has nothing to do with his football ability, which I did NOT disparage. Think what you want, I'll think what I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST