PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ravens best team in AFC?

Bills as of right now.

NFC team will probably be favorites over the AFC in the SB. First time probably since Carolina/Denver.

Not by a huge margin though.

Chiefs have lost to Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meaning to get the 1 seed, they likely need these to occur:

Both Bills & Ravens to lose four more games. Meanwhile, we only lose one game. Or, said teams lose three more games. And we go undefeated.

Possible with our upcoming schedule. Giants, Tennessee, and Denver x 2.

I'm hoping.

Chiefs have lost to Baltimore and Buffalo.

Meaning to get the 1 seed, they likely need these to occur:

Both Bills & Ravens to lose four more games.

We (Chiefs) only lose only one more game and/or go undefeated. Possible with the schedule upcoming.

I'm hoping.

I don't see it happening. The Chiefs will need to win 4 playoff games, but if they can win their division and get the 2/3 seed, they may wind up with a cakewalk wild card matchup and could wind up going to Baltimore in the second round, where they'd likely roll Jackson in a game that matters.

I don't see it happening. The Chiefs will need to win 4 playoff games, but if they can win their division and get the 2/3 seed, they may wind up with a cakewalk wild card matchup and could wind up going to Baltimore in the second round, where they'd likely roll Jackson in a game that matters.
Winning 4 playoff games is doable.

I think getting a WC team at home would be a win. There's the Jackson playoff history factor. Then, maybe someone upsets Buffalo and we get someone like Tennessee or Raiders in the title game.

Harbaugh and the GM have done a tremendous job since pivoting away from Flacco. innovative, flexible and resourceful- everything Bill has NOT been over the past 3 years.
Pats could have had Lamar Jackson instead of Sony Michel, but he was "too athletic for the Pats system'. Bill's intransigence stands in stark contrast to the Ravens approach.
We had two chances at Lamar. We also took a fat injury prone guard over him.

Patsfans are very sour about Lamar. They don’t like the way he plays, they don’t like his appearance… but dude can flat out play and beat great teams.

Baltimore has done a tremendous job on their rebuild. And I can’t stand Harbaugh as a person

Bills then ravens. Chiefs have too many holes. Chargers in the mix, but they're not a serious contender, imo. You have 2, maybe 3 teams this year that are legit to go to the SB.

NFC on the other hand is going to be a bloodbath. TB, GB, DAL and LAR all 5-1, ARI 6-0. Those playoffs will be actually nuts. They're just a much better conference this year.

i don’t think GB is for real int they beat a decent team.

Sony isn't even on the team anymore. Feck

We had two chances at Lamar. We also took a fat injury prone guard over him.

Patsfans are very sour about Lamar. They don’t like the way he plays, they don’t like his appearance… but dude can flat out play and beat great teams.

Baltimore has done a tremendous job on their rebuild. And I can’t stand Harbaugh as a person
I don't think Lamar suits what the Patriots do as an offense.

I don't think Lamar suits what the Patriots do as an offense.
An innovative coach and GM finds the way to utilize uniquely talented players like Lamar. When you have a chance to get a player like that...so what the Ravens did and build your team around his skills.

Judon must be pissed that he came to NE for a 2 win football club

that's such a lazy take
Not saying he wouldn't be successful.

But....

I think Bill would be hesitant to draft a scrambling type QB. The type of QB that is more likely to have a career ending injury compared to other QB's.

One hit and it's over.

Not saying he wouldn't be successful.

But....

I think Bill would be hesitant to draft a scrambling type QB. The type of QB that is more likely to have a career ending injury compared to other QB's.

One hit and it's over.

I think Bill would want to draft the best player available, who helps you win the most games. Who cares what kind of style he plays with, the man is an athletic freak. If Belichick can't coach that type of player, that would speak to his limitations as a coach.

I am super happy with Mac, a great young QB. However if you weren't drafting WR or RB at that spot, we should have gone Lamar. He was clearly, unquestionably the best player on the board at 24.

I think Bill would want to draft the best player available, who helps you win the most games. Who cares what kind of style he plays with, the man is an athletic freak. If Belichick can't coach that type of player, that would speak to his limitations as a coach.

I am super happy with Mac, a great young QB. However if you weren't drafting WR or RB at that spot, we should have gone Lamar. He was clearly, unquestionably the best player on the board at 24.
It's fair to question most draft choices since 2013. Minus Mac Jones of course.

Lamar Jackson has a passer rating of 68.3 with 900 yards, 3 touchdowns and 5 interceptions in 4 games in the playoffs in his career.

Yup..he's the greatest...and BB is a horrible coach because the Pats only went 11-5 with a 7th round unheard of QB when Brady's knee was ripped up by Pollard the Coward. Yup...a whole buncha real "knowers of things" in this thread. The Dolphins posted the exact same 11-5 record and got in so "Bill sucks!! See? I, NumbnutsGuy am the KNOWER OF THINGS"....dyamed idiot

Last edited:
If Arizona ends up 8-0, the talk of Undefeated season will begin.
I really like this year's Cardinals team! Still and all there isn't a chance in hell they go undefeated being in the NFC West alone!

Right now I'd say yes. By the end of the year KC will be back up there too. Right now I'd rank them..

Cards, Ravens, Bucs, Bills, Rams, DAL. GB then everyone else. KC will join them too once they get a handle on their D. They made some good steps last week. They will figure it out and compete. I don't think the Bengals or Raiders going to be real threats to compete with these teams. The Chargers might be, but they have some soul searching to do over their bye.

Overall I think the Ravens are still a bit gimmicky and that will again bite them, but I like what I'm seeing from Jackson as a passer so far. Watkins has also helped them out in that area. I think the Bills take the AFC this year though. So I'll stick with that. I am happy that my prediction of KC having a down year has come true. After an AFFCG OT, A SB win an A SB loss, I didn't believe they'd keep up that level of play a 4th year in a row.

KCs schedule is brutal. Their only lay up game left is the Giants.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back