PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Ramsey - Josh Allen is trash, Joe Flacco sucks, Matt Ryan is overrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey: Josh Allen is trash, Flacco sucks, Big Ben is decent, Matt Ryan overrated

Just a little news dump. Thought it was relevant because he's talking about the QB of a direct divisional adversary and the QBs of two conference adversaries. He DID call Roethlisberger "decent," however.

Jaguars cornerback Jalen Ramsey hasn’t faced every NFL quarterback in his two-year career, but he’s watched enough to have strong opinions about them.

Among the quarterbacks Ramsey isn’t high on are Buffalo’s Josh Allen, Baltimore’s Joe Flacco, Pittsburgh’s Ben Roethlisberger and Atlanta’s Matt Ryan.

I think Allen is trash,” Ramsey told GQ. “I don’t care what nobody say. He’s trash. And it’s gonna show too. That’s a stupid draft pick to me. We play them this year, and I’m excited as hell. I hope he’s their starting quarterback. He played at Wyoming. Every time they played a big school—like, they played Iowa State, which is not a big school in my opinion because I went to Florida State, and he threw five interceptions, and they lost by a couple touchdowns or something like that. He never beat a big school. If you look at his games against big schools, it was always hella interceptions, hella turnovers. It’s like: Yo, if you’re this good, why couldn’t you do better? He fits that mold, he’s a big, tall quarterback. Big arm, supposedly. I don’t see it, personally.”

And...

“Flacco sucks. I played him two years in a row. He sucks,” Ramsey said.

Ramsey also wasn’t impressed when he matched up with Roethlisberger.

“Big Ben, I think he’s decent at best,” Ramsey said. “It’s not Big Ben, it’s [Antonio Brown]. Big Ben slings the ball a lot of the time. He just slings it, and his receivers go get it. He has a strong arm, but he ain’t all that. I played him twice last year, and he really disappointed me.”

One more...

So which quarterbacks don’t suck, in Ramsey’s view?

Aaron Rodgers does not. Tom Brady doesn’t,” Ramsey said.

He's not wrong on most of these assessments...not so sure about Lamar Jackson though.

He's not wrong on most of these assessments...not so sure about Lamar Jackson though.
Yeah I disagree with him on Jackson as well. Allen is going to be hot garbage in this league. What a hilariously horrific pick by the Billols.

Great player but shut up and play. The jags will be everyone’s sexy pick this season. That defense is nasty but i wonder about their offense. They lost some guys.

Yeah I disagree with him on Jackson as well. Allen is going to be hot garbage in this league. What a hilariously horrific pick by the Billols.

Yep. The Allen assessment is almost verbatim what I (and others, probably including you) have been saying for months.

I posted this in the camp thread. I love it. He should be mic'd up doing play by play while he's on the outside playing CB.

I'm sure he made it clear Bortles was off limits but holy sh it imagine dealing w him after a suck performance?

Amazing how uneducated he sounds but isn't off the mark at the same time.

the author is Michael David Smith.

Why did he give Ramsey so much credibility?

I posted this in the camp thread. I love it. He should be mic'd up doing play by play while he's on the outside playing CB.

I'm sure he made it clear Bortles was off limits but holy sh it imagine dealing w him after a suck performance?

He sounds uneducated because he went to FSU.

November 25th at buffalo. I got the ****ty bills winning that game with Allen as their QB.

It's almost like education and intelligence aren't the same thing.

Not gonna happen. Buffalo might go 0-16.

We will see. I don’t like buffalo but i will root for them in that game. I can’t stand the jags also because of coughlin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back