PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT:QB Trade Idea (No not TB12)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one GOAT. There are plenty of Jimmys
There really isn't. Do you think average to above average quarterbacks that you can effectively plug and play into your current offense grow on trees? They don't.

It may still be the right move to let Jimmy move on, but he is by no means dime a dozen.

There really isn't. Do you think average to above average quarterbacks that you can effectively plug and play into your current offense grow on trees? They don't.

It may still be the right move to let Jimmy move on, but he is by no means dime a dozen.
He may or may not be a dime a dozen. 6 quarters is not proof. In this preseason he was a dime a dozen QB. Now there may be explanations for that and if Brady breaks his leg I'd be encouraged that JAG is the backup but he is far from proven, certain or anywhere near a QB that would have you decide to prematurely move in from the GOAT.

Garopollo is a free agent at season's end, UFA I believe. That's why the trade talk was so prevalent during THIS offseason. After this season we have no control except to franchise tag him.

Did you watch him in the preseason? I'm sure Bill has a better idea than we do. But us fans still have no idea what he will become. I can tell you I don't think he has Brady's mental toughness. Remember game 4 against Buffalo last year when the Pats were fully expecting him to start, considered him healthy enough to start and he declined? Not something Brady would ever do.

Either way, the only way Jimmy stays here is if Brady leaves after this season or Bill pays the going rate for two starting QBs. I have zero interest in either happening. For all this obsessive talk, it's likely that Bill keeps JG around because this is a contender and a solid, cheap backup is a nice luxury to have. The same way they decided to keep Brady in 2000 and "waste a roster spot on him" Bill's word's, not mine. Odds are Tom's successor is playing college football right now. Hell, maybe even high school or junior high school football.

Can we just stop fantasizing about running the greatest QB to ever play out of town? It's insane.

I was wondering and I'm probably a gazillion miles off here, but what if they traded Jimmy G PLUS another first, plus a second or so for one of the early picks to take a QB in this upcoming draft. Maybe a team that's feels they can't wait for a QB to develop could use Jimmy G right now instead of waiting for Darnold or Rosen to mature.

I just figured it is an interesting thought and it would solve the QB dilemma for the future and really solidify a continuation of the dysnasty.

Or Jimmy signs a cheap deal or they draft a QB in the 2nd again or whatever. Just figure if there was an elite level QB coming out maybe it's worth investigating.

Garoppolo is your next starting QB of the Patriots. Make your peace with it.

Garoppolo is your next starting QB of the Patriots. Make your peace with it.

Highly unlikely. But I guess stranger things have happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe