PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Philip Rivers moves his family to Florida

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Wonder which of the 3 Florida teams he will play for next year...

His 4,001 kids should love it here. We have Disney and meth.

Florida, America’s drainpipe.

Seems like finally the Chargers said ok enough, Phillip, GTFO

Will he be known as "Florida Man" henceforth???

beware-v2_mockup_Front_Wrinkled_Steel-Blue.png

And San Diego just drop out of the top 10 in population when the Rivers family left.

As a Patriots fan, I think I would rather see the Chargers with a stable QB situation, as it would mean one less team that could potentially sway Brady.

As a Patriots fan, I think I would rather see the Chargers with a stable QB situation, as it would mean one less team that could potentially sway Brady.

I just don't understand why Brady would want to go to a division where his team has no chance of winning. Playing Mahomes twice a year.

I just don't understand why Brady would want to go to a division where his team has no chance of winning. Playing Mahomes twice a year.
I hope that your logic is correct since it would apply to both Vegas and LA, but there are plenty of positives to playing for both of those teams, as well. Vegas doesn’t have income tax. LA is a beautiful city with a brand new stadium and some good talent at the skill positions. Also, KC might look a bit different once they’re forced to pay Mahomes.

And, LA beat them at Arrowhead just last season, so it’s not written in stone that they’d lose to KC twice every year. For example, our own Pats have only swept the division a handful of times under Belichick despite their dominance. Maybe Brady should play for an AFC South squad, since they had 3 teams beat Mahomes this year.

Taxes.

He might just need to settle on a backup job

I heard his wife got mugged by a homeless person

Breaking news: Florida starts gofundme to pay for Rivers’ vasectomy.

Yeah, Brady has never outgunned those guys with half the talent before. How will he ever manage

He's moving to the panhandle, reportedly, to be near both sets of grandparents, who are from Alabama.

Florida is a very big state. Pensacola is further away from Miami (676 miles by car) than Foxborough is from Cleveland, Ohio (639 miles by car).

I don't think this makes him much more likely to play in Florida for a couple of years before retirement, as opposed to somewhere else.

First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title.

Beverly-Hillbillies-793x526.jpg

This move will require a Herculean effort.

I am amused at the belief that football players (especially African-American ones) and their families would greatly prefer to live in Boston rather than in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes