PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pennington and Henne likely out for the season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely there's someone from the AFL or CFL they can start before him?

Hoyer for a 2011 and a 2012 first round pick.

Looks like it's not Dolphins season!

I am sure most of us could be better than JMcR!

JaMarcus. Even his name is dysfunctional.

WOW. That really sucks for the Dolphins.. I never like to hear about an injury to a player. Never will wish one on a player either, no matter how much I hate them (Horse face, James Harrison, Lee Flowers = GFY).

Does anyone know if Pennington's dislocated shoulder was his throwing one? If it is, he could be done.

That being said, Thigpen worries me. He was decent 3 years ago for the Chiefs and can make things happen with his feet.

Tuna's timing is nothing if not impeccable... The most intriguing aspect of his rebuilding skill is he can sniff out a disaster in the making faster than anyone headed to the HOF based on his great good furtune of the 80's..while simultaneously positioning himself to come out on top financially and to some extent perceptually...

He should counsel guys like Favre on career spin management.

I never want to hear about serious injuries. Too bad.

Pennington might have had a decent career if he wasn't made of glass. He had some ups, but they were few and far between. With his noodle arm, he was never going to be anywhere close to Brady or Manning, but he could have been an consistent above average QB. I am guessing he is going to call it a career now (he almost did before this season).

Henne's worst nightmare may happen. If Thigpen performs, Henne could be looking at losing his starting job for good. He was already benched before the injury.

BTW, this reminds me of the Jets several years back where Pennington and Fiedler were both injured for the season in one game.

"Mr. Sparano, I have a Jeff George on line 1"................

Does anyone know if Pennington's dislocated shoulder was his throwing one? If it is, he could be done.

I am sure that the replay showed him landing on non-throwing arm, but I think he will be done anyway.

Last edited:
The Dolphins are high on Thigpen and he looked great yesterday. He also looked good for KC a few years back, although he was mistake prone. If he can play within himself, he may actually be an improvement over the Chads.

Surely there's someone from the AFL or CFL they can start before him?

or from the Greater Boston Conference or maybe the Catholic Conference?

(HS Football leagues in the Boston area for out-of-towners).

I would take a chance on Russel if i had no QB. Now, I wouldn't even think of starting him for atleast a year. But the guy has been humiliated, and thats a big motavator, and he's cheap.

Now, if he didn't stay in shape or he didn't work hard, then i would cut him as fast as I could. But your getting a guy who 3 years ago was the #1 pick in the draft, and your paying him peanuts.

If this is the end of his career, I'd like to give props and respect to Chad Pennington.

Like many, I criticized his down-field abilities (abilities?) over the years, but I had the chance to watch him for several seasons here in New York. We can say whatever we want about how injury-prone he is/was, but one thing I learned in watching him play is that Pennington is a warrior. There was never complaining or "give-up" in him, even during long rehabs and periods of harsh media criticism.

Whatever his flaws, they were physical and not mental or attitudinal. If there is such a thing as a "Patriots kind of player," who has never worn the Flying Elvis, I'd have to put Pennington in that category.

Good luck to you, Chad, where-ever your life takes you next.

Last edited:
They're reportedly poised to sign Ramsey as their #2 and also planning on kicking Chris Simms tires... Right after they get Long's MRI results back...

If this is the end of his career, I'd like to give props and respect to Chad Pennington.

Like many, I criticized his down-field abilities (abilities?) over the years, but I had the chance to watch him for several seasons here in New York. We can say whatever we want about how injury-prone he is/was, but one thing I learned in watching him play is that Pennington is a warrior. There was never complaining or "give-up" in him, even during long rehabs and periods of harsh media criticism.

Whatever his flaws, they were physical and not mental or attitudinal. If there is such a thing as a "Patriots kind of player," who has never worn the Flying Elvis, I'd have to put Pennington in that category.

Good luck to you, Chad, where-ever your life takes you next.

This. Great player

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore