Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Bledsoe goes 45-70 vs Minnesota OT win

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • other

Votes: 2 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Way before my time. But it seems many are choosing the Patriots victory in Miami circa 1985. Suppose my question is this: Dolphins beat New England. Do they stand a great chance of beating Chicago again? Or, was that the Bears year regardless?

My personal favorite (Though not too long ago): Patriots last second win over the Saints in 2013. This was followed by Ortiz hitting a grand slam to tie the ALCS. A game the Red Sox won. That saved the Sox season. No way they come back from 0-2 against that stacked Detroit team.

Second favorite: Crazy onside kick recovery game against Cleveland in 2013.

Way before my time. But it seems many are choosing the Patriots victory in Miami circa 1985. Suppose my question is this: Dolphins beat New England. Do they stand a great chance of beating Chicago again? Or, was that the Bears year regardless?

My personal favorite (Though not too long ago): Patriots last second win over the Saints in 2013. This was followed by Ortiz hitting a grand slam to tie the ALCS. A game the Red Sox won. That saved the Sox season. No way they come back from 0-2 against that stacked Detroit team.

Second favorite: Crazy onside kick recovery game against Cleveland in 2013.

For one season, the bears were one of the best teams of all time.

I gotta go with "Sqish the Fish", propelled our beloved Pats to their first SB ever. Also, I think we had lost 18 in a row in Miami until that win ended that streak.

I have to add my own personal old time favorite

As a Pat's fan growing up in NYC, I barely got to go to Pat's home games. I got to go to my 1st Patriot's game ever at Shaefer Stadium (which became Sullivan Stadium, then Foxboro Stadium). It was 9/9/79, and the Pats were playing the Jets. My parents are Jet's fans. I was 16 years old. I was so happy to be amongst my Patriot fans brothers and sisters. The Pats beat the Jets 56-3 that day, I'll never forget it. They scored on every drive I believe. Grogan was on fire. Morgan was awesome, Harold Jackson had a good game, Sam "the bam" Cunningham had a good game. Just everything worked. I never had so much fun at a live game.

My parents swear that the Pat's fans treated them really poorly (threw cigarette butts at the), but I don't remember that.

So the current patriots.com bracket is silly. The 'Eason' bracket, the 'Bledsoe' bracket, and two Super Bowl brackets.

Bob Windsor is best known for a winning touchdown play while with the Patriots that he made in a regular season game in 1974 against the Minnesota Vikings. On October 27, both teams had 5-1 records going into the game. The Vikings had been to Super Bowl VIII the season before, while the upstart Patriots were coming off seven consecutive losing seasons and off to their best start since 1966. The Patriots won the game 17-14, and Windsor scored the winning touchdown with no time left on the clock by taking a short pass from Jim Plunkett and breaking several tackles before dragging a tackler into the Vikings end zone who had a hold of his left leg. Windsor severely injured his left knee on the play and was out for the season. He never was the same player after that and played only one more season with the Patriots before retiring.

--

That was the first big thrill for me regarding the Pats since I only started really following then in the late 60's. The Pats had been door mats since the late 60's and then finally had a coach in Fairbanks and the season started off great capped by the "Bob Windsor game" Injuries derailed that season and the ended up only 7-7 but it showed they were on the right path. They backtracked a little in 75 but then put it all together in '76 to be one of the best teams ever(FU Ben Dreith). Too bad Sullivan had to try to screw Hannah and Gray and Fairbanks had enough of the mickey mouse crap in the front office. Those mid 70's teams were really good especially after being a joke for so long. But the 74 team was when we saw the light at the end of the tunnel and the Bob Windsor Game was the highlight.

gonna have to say ronnie lippett flipping mcmahon in the air and landing on his head in the superbowl and vinatieri catching herschel walker from behind on thanksgiving

and an honorable mention to the tuck rule.

Easily the '85 playoff run, culminating in the Squish The Fish game. The Pats had lost EIGHTEEN straight games in Miami. The Dolphins were defending AFC champs, the lone team to beat Chicago that year and heavy favorites for a rematch in SB20. Three hours later, the Pats had run for 250yds, Miami turned it over 6 times and soon we would be listening to "The Patriots and We"...

...that last part kind of takes away from the good memory, come to think of it.

Regards,
Chris
Wasn't the last game played in the Orange Bowl? and they finally won there.

Wasn't the last game played in the Orange Bowl? and they finally won there.
The Pats beating the Dolphins in the 86 regular season finale was the last game in the Orange Bowl before Joe Robbie opened in 1987.

Regards,
Chris

The Pats beating the Dolphins in the 86 regular season finale was the last game in the Orange Bowl before Joe Robbie opened in 1987.

Regards,
Chris
Steve Grogan led us to win that game, and the division.

He should have started in the playoffs at Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News