PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2021 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Other less humble and selfless QBs would definitely get irritated, but it seems Mac only cares about winning, not stats or MVP rankings.

Kind of refreshing. :)

Yep…I’m sure he was perfectly fine with getting the W. In fairness, I do think football more than any other sport is the ultimate team game and part of the QB scouting process is to find guys with a genuinely team first mentality. Most of the league’s QBs are good leaders unlike superstars in other sports like basketball. Seems Mac has the ideal mental makeup for the position.

Yep…I’m sure he was perfectly fine with getting the W. In fairness, I do think football more than any other sport is the ultimate team game and part of the QB scouting process is to find guys with a genuinely team first mentality. Most of the league’s QBs are good leaders unlike superstars in other sports like basketball. There are always exceptions, of course. Mac clearly seems to fit the bill, though.
Really? You think he was happy with three pass attempts? They were showing graphics from the '70s to try to find a game where a quarterback had that few past attempts. I mean sure he's happy to win but that had to be embarrassing for him.

Really? You think he was happy with three pass attempts? They were showing graphics from the '70s to try to find a game where a quarterback had that few past attempts. I mean sure he's happy to win but that had to be embarrassing for him.

I don’t think Mac cared. It’s impossible to confirm that. He looked excited the whole game though.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the offensive gameplan, but they won. I liked the heavy running attack, but they only scored one touchdown on a somewhat flukey play, and their drives all stalled out. I would have liked to see a few playaction passes mixed in. They were fortunate the Bills missed that field goal, Diggs dropped that pass, and Allen choked on the last drive. Had the Bills taken the lead, I wonder if they’d have changed it up a bit.

Don’t get me wrong…I loved watching the game from an entertainment perspective, and the strategy was overall sound. They didn’t want to gamble the game on some sailing pass (especially after that first one went over J. Smith’s head.) And they thought they could win a low scoring, field position game. The Bills only TD came on a muffed punt.

Other less humble and selfless QBs would definitely get irritated, but it seems Mac only cares about winning, not stats or MVP rankings.

Kind of refreshing. :)
Mac does not have many choices in the matter. He is pretty much under the thumb and does not have a lot of say so in how the offense is run. So happy or not happy, it really doesnt matter

I don’t think Mac cared. It’s impossible to confirm that. He looked excited the whole game though.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the offensive gameplan, but they won. I liked the heavy running attack, but they only scored one touchdown on a somewhat flukey play, and their drives all stalled out. I would have liked to see a few playaction passes mixed in. They were fortunate the Bills missed that field goal, Diggs dropped that pass, and Allen choked on the last drive. Had the Bills taken the lead, I wonder if they’d have changed it up a bit.

Don’t get me wrong…I loved watching the game from an entertainment perspective, and the strategy was overall sound. They didn’t want to gamble the game on some sailing pass (especially after that first one went over J. Smith’s head.) And they thought they could win a low scoring, field position game. The Bills only TD came on a muffed punt.
Yeah it was pretty lucky that they won, not sure that wouldl work if they played again tomorrow in same conditions. I think it just worked out that way. There were times, I was like, they really need to pass here, even a screen, because toward the end Bufalo was stopping things up. If Allen sees a wide open Beasley on that 4th down play the entire narrative today is different.

This nonsense again lol. That’s what he got out of the game last night? Really?

If Bill could win without Brady why did he keep Brady for 19 years? Is this saying Bill is dumb, or Bill spent useless money on Brady that could have been spent on running backs which would have made them win 19 out of 19 superbowls. Yes I am being sarcastic and this is why the media is a freaking joke anymore, its just hot takes and bits. Nobody reports the news anymore or has honest analysis

If Bill could win without Brady why did he keep Brady for 19 years? Is this saying Bill is dumb, or Bill spent useless money on Brady that could have been spent on running backs which would have made them win 19 out of 19 superbowls. Yes I am being sarcastic and this is why the media is a freaking joke anymore, its just hot takes and bits. Nobody reports the news anymore or has honest analysis
If Bill could win without Brady then why did he draft a quarterback with the 15 overall pick?
Bill's ability to win and win consistently was always going to be tied to getting really solid QB play. Just like every other coach.

Oh and Cam Newton says hello.

If Bill could win without Brady then why did he draft a quarterback with the 15 overall pick?
Bill's ability to win and win consistently was always going to be tied to getting really solid QB play. Just like every other coach.

Oh and Cam Newton says hello.
I'm seeing a lot of the Brady system QB or talk like it coming up again on Twitter after last night. Even after the way last season ended.

I thought this BS was put to bed for good but apparently not. SMH

That's how I felt. They could have smoked them if they threw some PA in there. We'll never know.

You can win one game by doing that - in these condition and against that team. And you still need a bit of luck as you said. If any of those circumstances are different then you lose.

Next game is in a dome against a pass defense that is ok but nothing special. Want to see Mac throw it and push it downfield.

I'm seeing a lot of the Brady system QB or talk like it coming up again on Twitter after last night. Even after the way last season ended.

Eh. It's just the trolls having fun. Brady did put everything to bed last year and is continuing his GOAT play this year.

That's how I felt. They could have smoked them if they threw some PA in there. We'll never know.

You can win one game by doing that - in these condition and against that team. And you still need a bit of luck as you said. If any of those circumstances are different then you lose.

Next game is in a dome against a pass defense that is ok but nothing special. Want to see Mac throw it and push it downfield.
I think the Indy game could be our toughest of the year. They have both a great run and pass game and their defense can really get after it. I still expect us to win though because Wentz will give us a coupe of picks and/or fumbles.

I'll say it again but I would imagine Mac is not feeling real good today after a game plan that basically did not include him at all. I don't know if that's the best approach with Mac heading into the postseason where the weather will be a lot worse than it was last night which could potentially hurt his confidence.

It's also possible that he simply just doesn't have the arm to throw it all in the wind. Many of us wondered what he would look like when the weather turned bad and I think we got our answer last night. I really don't know how far we can go in the postseason if that's going to be their game plan in bad weather games with our offense.
This is the concerning thing about the game. It's a great win, but you realistically can't win like this long term.

...maybe this year, since AFC is pathetic lmao

But you get the point. Mac is going to have to be able to throw in bad weather. And not every team is going to be choking gutless cowards like the Bills were.

This is the concerning thing about the game. It's a great win, but you realistically can't win like this long term.

...maybe this year, since AFC is pathetic lmao

But you get the point. Mac is going to have to be able to throw in bad weather. And not every team is going to be choking gutless cowards like the Bills were.
Yeah. That's my exact feelings. It was pretty clear that Josh/Bill did not trust him in those conditions and yet Bill said after that game that he has played in much worse weather in Buffalo. So I have to think they don't believe he has the arm strength yet to drive the ball in the wind. Not sure that is really a surprise as Mac's scouting report noted his weaker arm. But I am not sure what we do in the post-season vs a team like the Chiefs or even the Ravens. They will put up points. And if the road does come through Foxboro which I hope it does the weather will be a lot worse than last night most likely.

He should be happy for the W, learning in his rookie year, and playing well overall.

Brady and Mahomes had to sit their 1st year, so Mac has a head start.

Wilson and Lawrence were thrown to the wolves right away, so Mac should count his lucky stars to have been drafted by NE, a team that knows to protect and develop their rookie QB.

There are reasons why Teams like preBrady Bucs, Jets, Jaguars were/are bad for so many years.

I kinda hate it. It's a weird bias and obsession. I guess being a low round draft pick + having a supermodel wife + not being a fast runner + having a really good defense in 2003 = system QB I guess?

Eh. It's just the trolls having fun. Brady did put everything to bed last year and is continuing his GOAT play this year.
I don't think so. A lot of people still don't think Brady is great, and only begrudgingly praise him because his accolades are too high

Maybe Brady needs to stop acting "humble"?

But Brady has weapons. QBs like Wilson and Rodgers would have won the SB with those weapons too. Did we mention that Tampa has a ferocious defense too?
(MEDIA narrative, not mine).

In all fairness to Allen, the wind was carrying the ball laterally throughout the game. I kept on trying to understand what the announcers where talking about PBU? I mean, if he was targeting Beasley that ball went straight to Bryant, not sure if due to miscommunication or the winds.
He was throwing that ball to the deeper receiver, instead of throwing to the nearer receiver who was open. That's not a wind issue.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back