PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are stacked enough that probably the only move they could make that would surprise me is drafting a non-"top 5 prospect" QB in round 1. They're like looking at a depth/transition player even with their first round pick, unless a immediate-starter-level CB drops down to them or they decide to take advantage of their lack of immediate need and grab one of the top 2 RBs, assuming they're available.
I agree. Corner and Rb. It is amazing how much depth they have everywhere.
No wonder Rodgers is crying in GB. Lots of envy going around with what Brady and the Bucs are doing.

I agree. Corner and Rb. It is amazing how much depth they have everywhere.
No wonder Rodgers is crying in GB. Lots of envy going around with what Brady and the Bucs are doing.

Brady has been able to draw players into his circle. Rodgers hasn't. Rodgers should be looking inward to figure out why that is. It's the same with Wilson in Seattle. It's the same for most of even the best QBs. The Mannings and Bradys are exceptions, not the norm.

Don’t be shock if they drafted a corner. They met with Newsome.
They need a QB, maybe Jones if he falls to bottom of 1st (doubtful). He can learn behind TFB for next 2 years. Is it possible Tom wants to play past 45?

14-3 looks very doable. With the way they dominated the league since December- so does a repeat.

Brady has been able to draw players into his circle. Rodgers hasn't. Rodgers should be looking inward to figure out why that is. It's the same with Wilson in Seattle. It's the same for most of even the best QBs. The Mannings and Bradys are exceptions, not the norm.
Rodgers doesn't care. He only cares about his stats and MVP awards and his big contracts. He is the biggest fraud and yet the media lauds all over him.

14-3 looks very doable. With the way they dominated the league since December- so does a repeat.
Their schedule interests me because of the number of unknowns involved.

1616714260699.png

plus the Patriots. That's a lot of teams with significant change taking place.

They need a QB, maybe Jones if he falls to bottom of 1st (doubtful). He can learn behind TFB for next 2 years. Is it possible Tom wants to play past 45?
I'd be disappointed if they picked a QB in the first- they're in win now mode.

They don't need AB but he takes that Offense to another level. With a full camp (if his legal issue permit) and off-season they could be one of the most efficient offenses of all time.

They don't need AB but he takes that Offense to another level. With a full camp (if his legal issue permit) and off-season they could be one of the most efficient offenses of all time.

They would be dumb to part with AB. None of the other receivers on that team has anywhere near the bag of tricks that AB has or are anywhere near how crafty, sneaky, and cunning he is as a route runner.

I, personally, wouldn't want Fitz over AB. But...

• Less drama
  • Less likely to lose him to the police/league suspension
  • Easier to slot the WRs without potential ego wounding

what ego or trouble did AB have last year with Tampa? All the players there love him and all the WRs celebrated one another’s TD’s there’s literally no drama there with him. The suspension ain’t happening the case is slated for December and that’s before another delay and this ain’t making it to court anyways

what ego or trouble did AB have last year with Tampa? All the players there love him and all the WRs celebrated one another’s TD’s there’s literally no drama there with him. The suspension ain’t happening the case is slated for December and that’s before another delay and this ain’t making it to court anyways
Last year was AB coming in late, and taking what role was left for him. This year, he'd be there from day one. That's an entirely different dynamic, and it's a potential issue with a diva like AB. And the drama I was talking about separately was in regards to his off field issues.

Again, I wouldn't want Fitz over AB. I just acknowledge some plainly legitimate reasons that some might have to choose Fitz.

Last year was AB coming in late, and taking what role was left for him. This year, he'd be there from day one. That's an entirely different dynamic, and it's a potential issue with a diva like AB. And the drama I was talking about separately was in regards to his off field issues.

Again, I wouldn't want Fitz over AB. I just acknowledge some plainly legitimate reasons that some might have to choose Fitz.
One other thing. Brown will turn 33 this summer. He is no spring chicken and the wheels can slow down at any time with receivers post age 30. This may also be why his market is tepid. I still think his best landing spot is Tampa but I understand why he may be looking elsewhere to be featured more but I am not sure teams look at him that way anymore.

AB will adapt or be cut. If he does not realize that, then, he is even more stupid than I thought he was (and that is a lot).

If he gets cut from the "perfect situation" (which TB is for him), well, no one will take a chance.

AB probably had it endlessly drilled into his head by Brady that one more ****up and he’d be out of the league forever. So he was willing to cool it down for the time being. Now that he’s reestsblished some credibility within NFL circles I wouldn’t be surprised if he now wants to just go get a big contract wherever he can and fu.ck everything up for himself.

AB probably had it endlessly drilled into his head by Brady that one more ****up and he’d be out of the league forever. So he was willing to cool it down for the time being. Now that he’s reestsblished some credibility within NFL circles I wouldn’t be surprised if he now wants to just go get a big contract wherever he can and fu.ck everything up for himself.
He's not getting a big contract, especially not this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday