PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the Bucs have done so far is kind of astonishing. The departure from their past pay-as-you-go model also has to do with the fact that the Bucs will likely play before a packed stadium next year and the additional revenue that will bring in.
It shouldn't be a problem if it's just the one year blip. Most of the so-called "dead money" won't kick in until the new TV/streaming deals kick in so, as long as Licht stays fiscally responsible moving forward, it should be an easy debt to cover.

And, for this year, they've still got the ability to use a Jensen extension to cover any more "big" signings (i.e. Brown/Fournette), pay the rookies and have money for in-season maneuvers.

They will be the team to beat in the NFC until Brady hangs it up. Simple as that. The NFC West is a slaughterhouse, the NFC East is a joke and the Packers are overrated bums year in and year out.
It is amazing how much weaker the NFC is than the AFC and how much better the Bucs are than every team in the NFC.

It is amazing how much weaker the NFC is than the AFC and how much better the Bucs are than every team in the NFC.
It's surprising how much better the AFC was than the NFC last year.

Only the Bucs, Packers, and Seahawks had a winning record against the NFC. All 3 teams were 3-1. Even the Saints went 2-2.

Almost half the AFC teams went 3-1 against the NFC with a couple going 4-0.

Yeah the NFC is pretty much just the Bucs, Packers and Seahawks battling it out this year with Brees retirement.

It's surprising how much better the AFC was than the NFC last year.

Only the Bucs, Packers, and Seahawks had a winning record against the NFC. All 3 teams were 3-1. Even the Saints went 2-2.

Almost half the AFC teams went 3-1 against the NFC with a couple going 4-0.

Yeah the NFC is pretty much just the Bucs, Packers and Seahawks battling it out this year with Brees retirement.

You wouldn’t put the rams there? 49ers?

Stafford is a perennial loser. It is really hard seeing them being any better with him than they were with Goff. The Niners are interesting if they are able to upgrade from Jimmy.

The Rams and 49ers have too many ? to put them in there by default. How will Matthew Stafford fit in and can the 49ers stay healthy are the biggest questions.

They should be in the playoff hunt.

WFT should win the division again leaving the Rams, Bears, Cardinals, Cowboys and 49ers battling it out for the WC spots IMO.

Stafford is a perennial loser. It is really hard seeing them being any better with him than they were with Goff. The Niners are interesting if they are able to upgrade from Jimmy.

I will say there’s no excuses this year for the Bucs not to win the division and go 14-3 or 13-4. If it’s 17 games. Their schedule is soft.

I will say there’s no excuses this year for the Bucs not to win the division and go 14-3 or 13-4. If it’s 17 games. Their schedule is soft.
The division for sure. The other 3 teams are rebuilding. Their schedule does seem softer than last year. They will be the favs to come out. I think Brady could be league MVP.

Following up on the Florio spitballing post:

And for those who are insisting that the Bucs are killing their future with these deals:

I would find it really really weird for Fitz to leave the Cardinals now that they might be good after he spent the years of his prime on a garbage team because he was loyal.

Why would the Bucs want Fitz with AB still available?

Looking at his 2020 stats is even still better than N'Keal Harry?o_O

The Buccaneers are continuing the process of keeping last year’s Super Bowl champions together.

The latest Bucs free agent to re-sign is offensive tackle Josh Wells. According to Greg Auman of TheAthletic.com, Wells signed for one year and the veteran minimum salary of $990,000, plus a $137,500 signing bonus, and $500,000 guaranteed.

Buccaneers re-sign Josh Wells

Why would the Bucs want Fitz with AB still available?

Looking at his 2020 stats is even still better than N'Keal Harry?o_O
I, personally, wouldn't want Fitz over AB. But...

• Less drama
  • Less likely to lose him to the police/league suspension
  • Easier to slot the WRs without potential ego wounding

Don’t be shock if they drafted a corner. They met with Newsome.
They are stacked enough that probably the only move they could make that would surprise me is drafting a non-"top 5 prospect" QB in round 1. They're like looking at a depth/transition player even with their first round pick, unless a immediate-starter-level CB drops down to them or they decide to take advantage of their lack of immediate need and grab one of the top 2 RBs, assuming they're available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back