PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perhaps it's the camera angle or Brady just only twisting his torso slightly but I've always thought the TD to givens against the eagles was insane.

Getting more and more confident of not just a Bucs win but a big Bucs win. Brady is due for that.

I'm on this horse the rest of the way no point getting off the ride now. It's their year.

I am starting to feel this way too.

I wish I were as confident.

If this were an overall player-for-player skills showcase, I think there's no doubt Tampa Bay is the better overall team and maybe by a comfortable margin. They have so many players in the "very good" category that aren't getting accolades for being elite; it's crazy that they have zero all-pro players and just one pro bowl selection in Pierre-Paul. Pierre-Paul might not even be in the top 10 most worthy pro bowlers on the team. They're really stacked with above average talent almost everywhere, and while their secondary is indeed their weakness, it isn't horrible and has also been the unit most responsible for their previous two playoff wins.

My concern about the game is that Kansas City uses its superstars really, really well and uses them to make their other players better. It's almost muscle memory for Mahomes to hit a wide open Kelce or identify in a second a huge gap for Hill to exploit. Shutting down those connections are incredibly difficult, a lot like Brady/Edelman/Gronkowski. You have to sellout so much to stop those two that other players tend to feast, and the players and coaches all understand their strengths and weaknesses so well.

Defensively, it's kind of the same thing. The KC defense isn't overloaded with "very good" players like the Bucs, but they know how to play within their scheme really well. They have Matheiu and Jones covering up a lot of talent deficiencies. They have a lot of unspectacular players who are well coached and well integrated, whereas Tampa Bay's defense has a lot of highly talented players but still seem to miss assignments, have communication issues, etc. They have cleaned it up quite a bit the last two games, but it wasn't long ago that some no name for WFT was burning them.

I think this game will be very close. I still give KC a very slight edge, but unlike a lot of forecasters, I think if both teams bring their A game, execute well, and don't make critical mistakes, TB has the advantage.

What they are doing is no different than when they went to Tampa in Wk 12 and kicked their azz. As far as getting acclimated to everything, they were at SB in Miami last year so not much different. I see no advantage for the Bucs having home field. They better be ready to play or they'll get smoked again in 1st half by the Chiefs.

Kicked their ass by escaping with a 3 point victory, 27-24?

They were in Miami for a week before playing the game, since all of the usual SB pre-game ceremonies and hype were still in place.

This year, nothing is going to happen, so they are coming the day before.

If this were an overall player-for-player skills showcase, I think there's no doubt Tampa Bay is the better overall team and maybe by a comfortable margin. They have so many players in the "very good" category that aren't getting accolades for being elite; it's crazy that they have zero all-pro players and just one pro bowl selection in Pierre-Paul. Pierre-Paul might not even be in the top 10 most worthy pro bowlers on the team. They're really stacked with above average talent almost everywhere, and while their secondary is indeed their weakness, it isn't horrible and has also been the unit most responsible for their previous two playoff wins.

My concern about the game is that Kansas City uses its superstars really, really well and uses them to make their other players better. It's almost muscle memory for Mahomes to hit a wide open Kelce or identify in a second a huge gap for Hill to exploit. Shutting down those connections are incredibly difficult, a lot like Brady/Edelman/Gronkowski. You have to sellout so much to stop those two that other players tend to feast, and the players and coaches all understand their strengths and weaknesses so well.

Defensively, it's kind of the same thing. The KC defense isn't overloaded with "very good" players like the Bucs, but they know how to play within their scheme really well. They have Matheiu and Jones covering up a lot of talent deficiencies. They have a lot of unspectacular players who are well coached and well integrated, whereas Tampa Bay's defense has a lot of highly talented players but still seem to miss assignments, have communication issues, etc. They have cleaned it up quite a bit the last two games, but it wasn't long ago that some no name for WFT was burning them.

I think this game will be very close. I still give KC a very slight edge, but unlike a lot of forecasters, I think if both teams bring their A game, execute well, and don't make critical mistakes, TB has the advantage.
Makes sense and the coaching can't be overstated. KC has guys WIDE open many many times per game. It just doesn't seem like the WRs for the bucs get that wide open or that they get any schemed plays where they run free like that. It may also be a function of Mahomes buying time to get his guys wide open but it's not always the case. We've had seasons like that where guys like Hogan are schemed wide open and it's so much easier than stuffing throws into tight windows with Mathieus out there or late blitzing and with Jones trying to kill Brady.

KC hasn't brought their A game in a long time. They've coasted through the playoffs, sleepwalking past Browns and the scared Bills. Their MO is to play sloppy then score in bursts.

I think that will be their undoing.

KC hasn't brought their A game in a long time. They've coasted through the playoffs, sleepwalking past Browns and the scared Bills. Their MO is to play sloppy then score in bursts.

I think that will be their undoing.
Two things will happen after the Super Bowl.

Tom will have #7

Ian will need a ton of ice to save this place from melting down.

This isn't a regular season game. Normally the two teams arrive the weekend before the SB. Obviously Tamapa does not need to travel which is an advantage. The Chiefs are coming in I think 2 days before. I agree that it should not be a huge deal but it is still an advantage to the Bucs being at home. It is their stadium. They are sleeping in their own beds. No travel, no hotel.

Of course whoever plays better will win. We are just talking about advantages prior to the game. Being at home is an advantage in the regular season and playoffs. Teams play their tails off to get home games in the post-season because of the advantages. It is no different for the SB.
Maybe this year is different, idk. During regular season, home teams won 50% of the time, so no clear advantage.

Bucs played better on the road than in Tampa this season. Bucs went 3-0 on the road this postseason. KC's only two losses were at home. They went 8-0 on the road. There's a reason Bucs are playing with their White road jerseys.

Is it better for Bucs to sleep in their own beds and use their own lockers, sure, its more convenient. Does it offer some advantage on the field. Idk, maybe a very small one. This isn't Denver with a unique environmental advantage because of the altitude or GB with a weather advantage.

Not even sure there will be a crowd advantage since apparently the 7,500 Healthcare workers are coming from all over not just Tampa Bay. Hopefully they get a crowd advantage, that would be nice.

I see ChiefsPlanet is still thinking of us and in fact they are visiting this thread. Lmfao. Rent. Free.

Let’s give them a Patsfans welcome!

Fck the Queefs. :D:D:D
Yeah, I went there the other day to take their pulse on the game, and I think I have cancer now. I like this one...

He sounds like he has a lot of experience in that area. Probably hides in the closet with a camera while it’s happening.

I remember this thread. One guy had me pretty well figured out...

“That "KC player" beat his pregnant girlfriend in the past and then proceeded to taunt the fans in this game. What exactly did you expect to happen?" (Same dude as the comment above...KontradictioN. Dude seems like a prick, but I'd be lying if I didn't begrudgingly see his point most of the time.)

Keyshawn Johnson is such a TB hater. You would think he would be rooting for his former team but no he has the chefs winning 42-27.

I see ChiefsPlanet is still thinking of us and in fact they are visiting this thread. Lmfao. Rent. Free.

Let’s give them a Patsfans welcome!

Fck the Queefs. :D:D:D
This just shows the issue with many Chiefs fans, which are some of the worst fans in sports. It can't be enough that they support their team and want them to win. Everyone else must do it too. The fact that Patriots fans overwhelmingly want the Bucs to win makes them angry. The fact that anyone thinks their team might lose makes them angry. The idea of bringing up a narrative that doesn't frame The Chiefs as 'the good guys' makes them angry.

They want to truly be America's team the way the media pretended Dallas was. The want everyone to say Mahomes is the GOAT after only 3 years. They want everyone to say that KC's offense and the team in general is simply too talented and too good to lose. They want people to like their team and to hate Brady 'just cause'. They want all fanbases to consider KC their 2nd favorite team by a mile because, 'why shouldn't you?'

I understand fans rooting for their players and team. But the sheer entitlement of it all and the toxicity when all those things aren't granted to Chiefs fans is staggering.

Sorry Chiefs fans. I don't support your team. Hill is one of the biggest scum bags in the NFL. Your fan base is awful, Kelce has been better recently, but he did a ton of crap in the past that can't be overlooked. That's 2 of your 3 most important players being highly unlikable. Not to mention your generally bad fan base. I'm also not going to just crown Mahomes the GOAT in waiting after 3 seasons. He's a great QB, but lets see how he looks without 2 of the top 5 play makers first and give him a full decade before we even start that conversation. You can support him, and he seems like a good guy, but to talk about him like he's already the GOAT after 3 seasons in obnoxious. Also, you don't get to just automatically get support from other fan bases. If that annoys you. too bad. You need to get use to it, cause no matter how this super bowl goes, people are going to start hating on your team after 3 really good seasons. Particularly in the AFC. Get use fan bases supporting other teams over yours. You're going to be seeing it for a while.

Last edited:
This just shows the issue with many Chiefs fans, which are some of the worst fans in sports. It can't be enough that they support their team and want them to win. Everyone else must do it too. The fact that Patriots fans overwhelmingly want the Bucs to win makes them angry. The fact that anyone thinks their team might lose makes them angry. The idea of bringing up a narrative that doesn't frame The Chiefs as 'the good guys' makes them angry.

They want to truly be America's team the way the media pretended Dallas was. The want everyone to say Mahomes is the GOAT after only 3 years. They want everyone to say that KC's offense and the team in general is simply too talented and too good to lose. They want people to like their Team to to hate Brady 'just cause'. They want all fanbases to consider KC their 2nd favorite team by a mile because, 'why shouldn't you?'

I understand fans rooting for their players and team. But the sheer entitlement of it all and the toxicity when all those things aren't granted to Chiefs fans is staggering.

Sorry Chiefs fans. I don't support your team. Hill is one of the biggest scum bags in the NFL. Your fan base is awful, Kelce has been better recently, but he did a ton of crap in the past that can't be overlooked. That 2 of your 3 most important players being highly unlikable. Not to mention your generally bad fan base. I'm also not going to just crown Mahomes the GOAT in waiting after 3 seasons. He's a great QB, but lets see how he loos without 2 of the top 5 play makers first and give him a full decade before we even start that conversation. You can support him, and he seems like a good guy, but to talk about him like he's already the GOAT after 3 seasons in obnoxious. Also, you don't get to just automatically get support from other fan bases. If that annoys you then too bad. You need to get use to it, cause no matter how this super bowl goes, people are going to start hating on your team after 3 really good seasons. Particularly in the AFC. Get use fan bases supporting other teams over yours. You're going to be seeing it for a while very likely.

Idk if i can like mahomes. Something about him. His voice irritates me. Same media hype and love fest ala forehead manning. The media is so disrespectful claiming this guy to be a goat. I don’t think he would be as effective like brady without top weapons.

Idk if i can like mahomes. Something about him. His voice irritates me.
Mahomes is a good dude, but the ball washing he's getting from KC fans and ESPN (much of it rightfully deserved, but some clearly over the top an premature) hurts him from a likability perspective for me. It isn't fair to him, but it's how it is sadly.

Mahomes is a good dude, but the ball washing he's getting from KC fans and ESPN (much of it rightfully deserved, but some clearly over the top an premature) hurts him from a likability perspective for me. It isn't fair to him, but it's how it is sadly.

They’re looking for for anything at this point. It’s not only BSPN who hates tom but other places. I wanna see him play with the weapons brady played throughout most of his career just to see how effective he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News