PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, he said it quite casually at the 2018 super bowl media day. No animosity whatsoever in his response. I'll take the word over the greatest coach who happened to coach both players over a couple of internet morons.
Brady led this team to nine SB appearances, won six of them. There is no player in NFL history that had a bigger impact on the success of his team than Brady. The argument doesn’t need to go much further than that.

Belichick knows it as well,

Brady led this team to nine SB appearances, won six of them. There is no player in NFL history that had a bigger impact on the success of his team than Brady. The argument doesn’t need to go much further than that.

Belichick knows it as well,

Brady is the most accomplished player in NFL history. Belichick was talking about the greatest player he’s ever coached.

He's said plenty of nice things about Brady while he coached him. I heard him say "there's no other QB in the game I'd rather have." besides, he wasn't talking about Brady. He was talking about LT. And it wasn't a shot at Brady.
That’s not true because if it was, Brady would still be here

Brady is the most accomplished player in NFL history. Belichick was talking about the greatest player he’s ever coached.
Bill built NE offenses to maximize Brady's strengths and minimize his weaknesses.
LT's only weaknesses were off field.
There was a reason his league nickname was Superman...he literally ravaged opposing offenses.

One of my fraternity brothers' brothers was a LB for the Giants during LT's early Giants years and the stories of LT's dominance in practice got back to us weekly. The coaches loved him from day 1.
Then, I had the good fortune (company season tickets) of going to many Giant games in NY during LT's best years and the man simply took over games during an era when LBs were some of the NFL's biggest stars.
I honestly believe there were moments in close Giants games when Fat Tuna or BB would instruct Taylor to "get us the ball" and this rabid pit bull would deliver as instructed

LT's biggest problem IMO was the game was too easy for him and he sought out distractions that he couldn't handle.

My anecdotal evidence:
I was in a night club at 3AM on a Sunday morning in Atlantic City and there's LT partying like a beast, totally whacked out (with frightening assassin eyes).....and then he lit it up on Monday night football the next day.
I was playing golf at a very Italian country club in NJ about the time LT's career was winding down and the member I was with says "follow me, I want to show you someone." And there's LT playing big money poker with a table full of Vinnie Boombatzes. I was told he played poker weekly at this club, but it was just one of his many weekly games at various NJ country clubs.
Last story.... I'm standing outside of Merrill Lynch's new headquarters in lower Manhattan, waiting to cross the street, and there's LT standing next to me, the King of NY at this time. He heads into Merrill and I return to my office and I get a call from a Merrill Lynch trader who tells me LT is on the bond trading floor whipping footballs around and mucking it up with the bigshots....and getting $50k for his 45 minutes of glad-handing.
He was heading to Lehman Brothers right after for another meet and greet payoff.
LT probably asked for his payout in cash and a limo to the nearest poker game in town.

That's all I got.

Last edited:
That’s not true because if it was, Brady would still be here

I think you misunderstand Brady. It's not about getting his rear end kissed by Belichick. It was mainly the lack of talent the team had. Like I said before, Brady goes to wherever the roster will make him look best. He doesn't care about anything other than winning, not about Belichick, Kraft, nor the fans. It's about him, and even the Pats players over the past few years were rumored to have gotten tired of him.

Last edited:
Bill built NE offenses to maximize Brady's strengths and minimize his weaknesses.
LT's only weaknesses were off field.
There was a reason his league nickname was Superman...he literally ravaged opposing offenses.

One of my fraternity brothers' brothers was a LB for the Giants during LT's early Giants years and the stories of LT's dominance in practice got back to us weekly. The coaches loved him from day 1.
Then, I had the good fortune (company season tickets) of going to many Giant games in NY during LT's best years and the man simply took over games during an era when LBs were some of the NFL's biggest stars.
I honestly believe there were moments in close Giants games when Fat Tuna or BB would instruct Taylor to "get us the ball" and this rabid pit bull would deliver as instructed

LT's biggest problem IMO was the game was too easy for him and he sought out distractions that he couldn't handle.

My anecdotal evidence:
I was in a night club at 3AM on a Sunday morning in Atlantic City and there's LT partying like a beast, totally whacked out (with frightening assassin eyes).....and then he lit it up on Monday night football the next day.
I was playing golf at a very Italian country club in NJ about the time LT's career was winding down and the member I was with says "follow me, I want to show you someone." And there's LT playing big money poker with a table full of Vinnie Boombatzes. I was told he played poker weekly at this club, but it was just one of his many weekly games at various NJ country clubs.
Last story.... I'm standing outside of Merrill Lynch's new headquarters in lower Manhattan, waiting to cross the street, and there's LT standing next to me, the King of NY at this time. He heads into Merrill and I return to my office and I get a call from a Merrill Lynch trader who tells me LT is on the bond trading floor whipping footballs around and mucking it up with the bigshots....and getting $50k for his 45 minutes of glad-handing.
He was heading to Lehman Brothers right after for another meet and greet payoff.
LT probably asked for his payout in cash and a limo to the nearest poker game in town.

That's all I got.

I heard a story where LT once fell asleep at a team meeting under the desk and the LB coach (not Belichick) woke him up and said "hey, we're trying to develop a game plan for next week here. You would think you would be interested..." LT woke up, told the coach to put film of two plays of the opposing team on. After he watched the film for about 2 minutes, he got up, went to the chalkboard and diagrammed the entire Giants pass rushing scheme for that week in minutes. Then he went back to sleep lol. Can you imagine how good LT would have been had he applied himself?

Last edited:

That's one of the stupidest sports article I've seen in a very long time- and the standards keep dropping. This guy really is either clueless or desperate for clicks. We know BB wouldn't budge from his position because he didn't want to overpay, or commit to a multi-year contract with Brady.

Patriots would inherit both if they traded for him.

I heard a story where LT once fell asleep at a team meeting under the desk and the LB coach (not Belichick) woke him up and said "hey, we're trying to develop a game plan for next week here. You would think you would be interested..." LT woke up, told the coach to put film of two plays of the opposing team on. After he watched the film for about 2 minutes, he got up, went to the chalkboard and diagrammed the entire Giants pass rushing scheme for that week in minutes. Then he went back to sleep lol. Can you imagine how good LT would have been had he applied himself?
The position does not require any football intelligence whatsoever. Just go get the QB. That's why the comparison to QB which is the most cerebral position in all of sports is a joke.

The position does not require any football intelligence whatsoever. Just go get the QB. That's why the comparison to QB which is the most cerebral position in all of sports is a joke.
I agree it can't be compared to a guy at QB but to say the position on defense requires no football intelligence - completely disagree with that.

I agree it can't be compared to a guy at QB but to say the position on defense requires no football intelligence - completely disagree with that.
Maybe a smidge. I mean why do you think he was sleeping in the first place? And that was with Bill as his coach. LOL

I think you misunderstand Brady. It's not about getting his rear end kissed by Belichick. It was mainly the lack of talent the team had. Like I said before, Brady goes to wherever the roster will make him look best. He doesn't care about anything other than winning, not about Belichick, Kraft, nor the fans. It's about him, and even the Pats players over the past few years were rumored to have gotten tired of him.
Completely ridiculous. Maybe pay attention to what others with a lot more knowledge of the situation have been saying for the last few years.

Bill, since Brady’s 2017 MVP season, offered 1 year incentive laden deals. Brady thought he had earned multi year deals that weren’t incentive laden. Brady would be here if he had been offered a decent multi year deal.

You ignore everything that’s been written and said about what happened here and act like a spoiled little child that Tom left.

Dumb post

Maybe a smidge. I mean why do you think he was sleeping in the first place? And that was with Bill as his coach. LOL
A defensive football player without football intelligence would have no shot at an NFL roster.

Completely ridiculous. Maybe pay attention to what others with a lot more knowledge of the situation have been saying for the last few years.

Bill, since Brady’s 2017 MVP season, offered 1 year incentive laden deals. Brady thought he had earned multi year deals that weren’t incentive laden. Brady would be here if he had been offered a decent multi year deal.

You ignore everything that’s been written and said about what happened here and act like a spoiled little child that Tom left.

This doesn't comport with what Brady himself said, and that is it was a multitude of factors that led him to leave. Although no one knows for sure, I stand by my remark that it was MAINLY the lack of talent the team had.

I said a smidge.
I think it's a lot more than that at the NFL level. Pure react guys are a dime a dozen and won't stick for long in the NFL. At least in today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back