PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
League average coaches are what the Bucs need.

Matt Patricia is available. I've heard he is a rocket scientist.

Brady was okay beside those two int. The bucs D was the issue but to be fair KC is a juggernaut offense.

Yes but Brady would be having a hissy fit about his weapons. Patriots did not even make a contract offer this year for him. I am honestly enjoying watching the 2020 Patriots better than the 2019 Patriots.
I can’t read good

apologies

Last edited:
I was hoping they would win as I am sick of KC and their smug faces, but now in reality all the Bucs will get is a wild card and we know Brady does not get to the SB unless he wins the division.

Good lord try engaging your brain a little before you post. This is a contender for dumbest thing ever posted

Better than last year?

Maybe check the record of last years team and come back and try again
If Brady had stayed they certainly wouldn’t have the same record as last year. Brady in 2019 benefited from statistically the best defense in football and a very easy schedule. This year they’re statistically the worst defense in football and a difficult schedule.

They won’t make the playoffs but I doubt they would have with Brady either if he stayed here.

Last edited:
Arians has coached Peyton, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Rivers, Warner, and has won 2 coach of the year NFL awards, gone 11-5/10-6 a bunch of times. So it's pointless to try to trash Arians for Brady's issues. If anything it fuels the system-QB criticism if somehow the sentiment is Brady has issues in Arians' system while a half dozen other QBs were fine.

Last edited:
After that awful start, the final result was encouraging. They were projected to lose by most everyone including the writers in Bucs fan sites. The offense still has a lot of potential. Had some bad breaks here and there plus questionable play calls.

The defense was as good as can be expected. Although, with over 4 minutes left and all the timeouts, I expected TB to get one last chance. I'm just so use to seeing the NE D make a key stop over and over for the offense, that I automatically think that 4 minutes is a lot of time. I guess not for TB.

Last edited:
Arians has coached Peyton, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Rivers, Warner, and has won 2 coach of the year NFL awards, gone 11-5 a bunch of times. So it's pointless to try to trash Arians for Brady's issues. If anything it fuels the system-QB criticism if somehow the sentiment is Brady has issues in Arians' system while a half dozen other QBs were fine.

we are all dumber after reading this

If Brady had stayed they certainly wouldn’t have the same record as last year. Brady benefited from statistically the best defense in football and a very easy schedule. This year they’re statistically the worst defense in football and a difficult schedule.

They won’t make the playoffs but I doubt they would have with Brady either if he stayed here.
NE is better than I expected. They are 1 better QB or 1 star WR from being a playoff contender.

Arians has coached Peyton, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Rivers, Warner, and has won 2 coach of the year NFL awards, gone 11-5 a bunch of times. So it's pointless to try to trash Arians for Brady's issues. If anything it fuels the system-QB criticism if somehow the sentiment is Brady has issues in Arians' system while a half dozen other QBs were fine.

And despite those big name QB's, Arians has won a whopping total of ONE playoff game his entire career.

This argument is DOA.

If Brady had stayed they certainly wouldn’t have the same record as last year. Brady in 2019 benefited from statistically the best defense in football and a very easy schedule. This year they’re statistically the worst defense in football and a difficult schedule.

I misread the post. My bad

Reactions: sb1
Leaving Hill alone against Davis without safety help in the first half was ridiculous

Didn't even bother cheating the MOF safety over to Hill's side of the field.

Literally every other team in the NFL does that.

If Brady had stayed they certainly wouldn’t have the same record as last year. Brady benefited from statistically the best defense in football and a very easy schedule. This year they’re statistically the worst defense in football and a difficult schedule.

The Patriots defense is statistically middle of the pack in both points and yards. Not nearly as good as last year but far from bad. I was not against them moving on from Brady as they needed to reset that cap but he would have been a significant upgrade over the QB play this year and it would likely have snuck into the playoffs in my view.

The Patriots defense is statistically middle of the pack in both points and yards. Not nearly as good as last year but far from bad. I was not against them moving on from Brady as they needed to reset that cap but he would have been a significant upgrade over the QB play this year and it would likely have snuck into the playoffs in my view.
Going into this game they were ranked dead last in defensive DVOA. They’ve been lousy. A bit better today though and had to overcome some shoddy officiating.

Leaving Hill alone against Davis without safety help in the first half was ridiculous
Hill IS their primary offense!! They better keep him healthy..... he had something like 269 yards tonight and 3 TD....gives Mahomes so many options....

To be fair - he did in the 4th quarter.
The original post stated that Tampa would shred the Chiefs. It ended up being a close game, but still a loss.

*Brady signs with Tampa

Sentiment from logical people: Arians runs a vertical offense. Brady struggles throwing deep.

LGTBrady Community: He just needs weapons. Look at his numbers with Moss. It's gonna be 2007 all over again.

LGTBrady Community today: why is Arians running a vertical offense? He needs to be fired

:rofl: :rofl:

*Brady signs with Tampa

Sentiment from logical people: Arians runs a vertical offense. Brady struggles throwing deep.

LGTBrady Community: He just needs weapons. Look at his numbers with Moss. It's gonna be 2007 all over again.

LGTBrady Community today: why is Arians running a vertical offense? He needs to be fired

:rofl: :rofl:

Blind Brady fanatics

NE is better than I expected. They are 1 better QB or 1 star WR from being a playoff contender.
Jimmy G returns to the fold next year. New England soon forgets TB12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down