PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed the game. Watched the Brady lowlights on National TV. Not a good look for Tom. Another loss to a winning team on a big stage. I predict one and done. Sorry. I love TFB but its not working out in Tampa for him. Winston might have the same record?

Missed the game. Watched the Brady lowlights on National TV. Not a good look for Tom. Another loss to a winning team on a big stage. I predict one and done. Sorry. I love TFB but its not working out in Tampa for him. Winston might have the same record?
Brady’s offense got the same number of points (3) against the Saints as practice squad WR Kendall Hinton got today as QB for the Broncos. Ouch

Can't forget Tb12 but him and BB had enough of each other after 20 years. It happens even to the best of relationships.

I think JG would thrive in NE. The questions are would he want to come back and is he really made of glass ?

Jimmy G returns to the fold next year. New England soon forgets TB12.
I see where you’re going. I’m one of the biggest BB Homers here... I don’t think we forget Brady. I’d gladly welcome Jimmy and his knowledge of the system, but he needs to stay upright for a year and I don’t know if he can do that.

I predict one and done

I question if they even get in right now. Falcons are a tricky spoiler team right now and they play them twice and they also play the Vikings who aren't an easy out with Thielen, Jefferson and Cook. 4 games left 2-2 could have them at 9-7. Vikings with a win over Tampa and having games against the Jags, Bears, Saints and Lions they could finish 9-7 with the tie breaker over Tampa and if Arizona then finished with only 1 more loss, that would be Tampa out of the playoffs.

I question if they even get in right now. Falcons are a tricky spoiler team right now and they play them twice and they also play the Vikings who aren't an easy out with Thielen, Jefferson and Cook. 4 games left 2-2 could have them at 9-7. Vikings with a win over Tampa and having games against the Jags, Bears, Saints and Lions they could finish 9-7 with the tie breaker over Tampa and if Arizona then finished with only 1 more loss, that would be Tampa out of the playoffs.
Tampa is in good position. They need to take care of business and go 3-1 or 4-0 against sub .500 teams. If they can't do that, then they don't deserve to be in the playoffs anyway.

Jimmy is injury prone and not clutch. I guess if it were less than 20m/yr ok, but not an overpay.

Honestly I wonder how Jimmy G would look if he was exclusively in Bill's system.

Honestly I wonder how Jimmy G would look if he was exclusively in Bill's system.

Agree. Given that Belichick is the GOAT, any player who fit would be better and used more to their strengths.

Agree. Given that Belichick is the GOAT, any player who fit would be better and used more to their strengths.

I think Jimmy does more of what Bill likes in the passing game. Granted the only time we saw Jimmy really was in two seperate SB teams in New England (2014 and 2016). But it would be interesting to see if he really could be the "heir" to Brady.

Yo **** the **** I’m about Jimmy G dudes player in a loaded offense with a great coach and all he did was cost them a SB with his HS level misses

Tampa offense got better when Brady stopped talking to Leftwich in between drives

Brady’s offense got the same number of points (3) against the Saints as practice squad WR Kendall Hinton got today as QB for the Broncos. Ouch
Nice to cherry pick games like that. How’s the Patriots offence rank this year without Brady?

Arians has coached Peyton, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Rivers, Warner, and has won 2 coach of the year NFL awards, gone 11-5/10-6 a bunch of times. So it's pointless to try to trash Arians for Brady's issues. If anything it fuels the system-QB criticism if somehow the sentiment is Brady has issues in Arians' system while a half dozen other QBs were fine.
It’s no coincidence that Manning, Luck, Palmer, Winston and more all threw the most INTs of their careers their 1st year with Arians.

Nice to cherry pick games like that. How’s the Patriots offence rank this year without Brady?
I wasn’t being serious.

But to answer your question, not very good. Wasn’t very good with him last year either.

Jimmy G returns to the fold next year. New England soon forgets TB12.
One of the dumbest posts I’ve seen on here. Ya, we’ll all forget Brady and all the SBs he won because of Jimmy G.

I wasn’t being serious.

But to answer your question, not very good. Wasn’t very good with him last year either.
7th in points scored last year. 27th this year. So yes, we were a lot better with him.

It’s no coincidence that Manning, Luck, Palmer, Winston and more all threw the most INTs of their careers their 1st year with Arians.

Don't disagree. I'm just saying, is it really the best strategy for Brady fanatics to inadvertently drive the impression Brady is a system QB who can't thrive in a different system and coach that a half dozen other QBs had success with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back