PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when it goes good (Brady) he’s benefiting from Belichick. When it goes bad (Cam) it’s McDaniels fault. Got it.
It was a symbiotic relationship. It’s very clear with Brady’s relationship with Arians at the moment. Belichick and Brady thrived off each other even with lack of talent. You can’t really compare it with any other type of relationship other than maybe MJ-Jackson.

I think this year would be a lot better with Brady but to be fair points scored take into account defensive and special teams scores. It would be relevant to compare the offensive numbers only
According to ESPN offensive stats we averaged 26.3 offensive pts per game last year compared to 20.9 pts per game this year. That’s a big difference.

It was a symbiotic relationship. It’s very clear with Brady’s relationship with Arians at the moment. Belichick and Brady thrived off each other even with lack of talent. You can’t really compare it with any other type of relationship other than maybe MJ-Jackson.
By all means, yes, it was a special relationship. But in terms of offensive game calling and planning I think he misses McDaniels a lot more right now.

7th in points scored last year. 27th this year. So yes, we were a lot better with him.
30 ppg before the bye when we honestly had an easy schedule, 21 ppg after the bye when the schedule toughened up. 1st half offense was much better, 2nd half was pretty average.

According to ESPN offensive stats we averaged 26.3 offensive pts per game last year compared to 20.9 pts per game this year. That’s a big difference.
This ~30% difference in points scored is roughly 20% fewer drives and 10% fewer points per drive. That’s not that drastic, just slower.

I was hoping they would win as I am sick of KC and their smug faces, but now in reality all the Bucs will get is a wild card and we know Brady does not get to the SB unless he wins the division.

When have they been a wildcard?

When have they been a wildcard?
I meant have a bye, not playing on wild card weekend, sorry should have made that clear. Although now, only one team any way gets a bye !

He is always classy this way. something maybe his coaches can learn.
“I’m trying to be a good teammate here,” Brady said, choosing his words carefully. “Let’s just say we had some problems in protection coaching. I’ll give KC credit for the blitzes and their rush. Those guys rushed. But we did have some protection coaching problems.”

:D

Maybe Brady couldn't have stayed here....but...he sure as shyt should NOT have signed on to a team coached by a pork faced cracka moron LOSER like Arians. The fairy tale ending should have been S.F. and I think everyone knows it. The Pats should have worked it out, got Jimmy back, put Tom in the best offensive system suited to his skills and let the chips fall where they may. Instead, no one got what they wanted and the fans got fooked watching this bizarro frankenstein marriage in T.B. as they have to sit here and endure a season of "what ifs and could have beens".

Arians has coached Peyton, Carson Palmer, Big Ben, Andrew Luck, Rivers, Warner, and has won 2 coach of the year NFL awards, gone 11-5/10-6 a bunch of times. So it's pointless to try to trash Arians for Brady's issues. If anything it fuels the system-QB criticism if somehow the sentiment is Brady has issues in Arians' system while a half dozen other QBs were fine.
"Coach Of The Year" is the biggest joke of an award. How many does Belichick have? Marvin Lewis, Matt Nagy and Jason Garrett have won it.

Maybe Brady couldn't have stayed here....but...he sure as shyt should NOT have signed on to a team coached by a pork faced cracka moron LOSER like Arians. The fairy tale ending should have been S.F. and I think everyone knows it. The Pats should have worked it out, got Jimmy back, put Tom in the best offensive system suited to his skills and let the chips fall where they may. Instead, no one got what they wanted and the fans got fooked watching this bizarro frankenstein marriage in T.B. as they have to sit here and endure a season of "what ifs and could have beens".

Don't disagree. But was it ever possible to absorb 30M of Jimmy's contract ? Unlikely when they only had 1m to even sign Cam....

Tom got $32 million??? Which was what he wanted.

I wonder if laker fans would turn on Kobe call him selfish, system player, and overrated if he went to the magic when he was 40. Only going to Orlando after he was basically chased away by management.

here’s a clue they wouldn’t

He had nowhere else to go. He took the only serious offer. And Tampa and Arians delivered.

I’m no Arians fan, but this is basically Brady’s offense. Tampa gave him everything he wanted. They drafted one of the best tackles in the draft. They signed a serviceable swing tackle for insurance. They already had a decent interior O line. They signed Gronk and Brown to add to Godwin, Howard, Brate, Miller. They had Mike Evans, one of the best WRs in the game. He’s got a HC who was a pretty good OC and a QB coach who played in the NFL.

Can’t blame the defense, which has been pretty good on the whole. I think they’re 7th in the NFL in yards allowed.

Tampa even plays in a weaker conference, where only 6 teams have winning records. That’s one reason they probably make the playoffs.

He has all the tools he was complaining that he lacked in NE. Everything was given to him on a silver platter. He received a $50m contract. Plus, there’s no Belichick to hound him, no JM to hold him back. With all that, Brady has been an above average starter, but not great.

I don’t think Arians warrants much blame. Brady is getting the same kick in the ass BB used to give him, but now it’s public. He played better in the Chiefs game than in the Rams game after Arians called him out. Same thing happened the last time he was called out. Brady’s biggest problem is himself, part of which is age, which he can’t do anything about.

I wonder if laker fans would turn on Kobe call him selfish, system player, and overrated if he went to the magic when he was 40. Only going to Orlando after he was basically chased away by management.

here’s a clue they wouldn’t
The attitude that we're seeing toward Brady is one of the reasons why some pro athletes don't want to come here. It's embarrassing to see all the rats come out of the shadows after every TB loss.

I can only imagine how much worse it would be if Brady hadn't led the Pats to the SB in half his years here, with wins in two thirds of those.

The attitude that we're seeing toward Brady is one of the reasons why some pro athletes don't want to come here. It's embarrassing to see all the rats come out of the shadows after every TB loss.

I can only imagine how much worse it would be if Brady hadn't led the Pats to the SB in half his years here, with wins in two thirds of those.
That is complete bull crap. Brady wasn't forced out, he decided to take another offer. I don't blame him, if someone is willing to pay a 43 year old qb that much money take it. Just don't expect Patriots fans to root for him. He took money over the laundry, most of us root for the laundry, some, like you, root for the players. I think there are others who post here regularly that root for Brady to spite BB, hoping he does well to show that BB sucks as a coach, not accusing you of that, because I don't think you are one of those posters, but there are definitely some who do. But for those of us who root for the laundry, I have said it before, Brady is just another player who plays for another team now. He should have retired a Patriot, but TB21, $$$$, and his ego, made it more important for him to play another year or two with another team. So, I hope his team loses.

He had nowhere else to go. He took the only serious offer. And Tampa and Arians delivered.

I’m no Arians fan, but this is basically Brady’s offense. Tampa gave him everything he wanted. They drafted one of the best tackles in the draft. They signed a serviceable swing tackle for insurance. They already had a decent interior O line. They signed Gronk and Brown to add to Godwin, Howard, Brate, Miller. They had Mike Evans, one of the best WRs in the game. He’s got a HC who was a pretty good OC and a QB coach who played in the NFL.

Can’t blame the defense, which has been pretty good on the whole. I think they’re 7th in the NFL in yards allowed.

Tampa even plays in a weaker conference, where only 6 teams have winning records. That’s one reason they probably make the playoffs.

He has all the tools he was complaining that he lacked in NE. Everything was given to him on a silver platter. He received a $50m contract. Plus, there’s no Belichick to hound him, no JM to hold him back. With all that, Brady has been an above average starter, but not great.

I don’t think Arians warrants much blame. Brady is getting the same kick in the ass BB used to give him, but now it’s public. He played better in the Chiefs game than in the Rams game after Arians called him out. Same thing happened the last time he was called out. Brady’s biggest problem is himself, part of which is age, which he can’t do anything about.

“I don’t think Arians warrants much blame” one of the worst statements I’ve heard in a while were you laughing when you typed that

That is complete bull crap. Brady wasn't forced out, he decided to take another offer. I don't blame him, if someone is willing to pay a 43 year old qb that much money take it. Just don't expect Patriots fans to root for him. He took money over the laundry, most of us root for the laundry, some, like you, root for the players. I think there are others who post here regularly that root for Brady to spite BB, hoping he does well to show that BB sucks as a coach, not accusing you of that, because I don't think you are one of those posters, but there are definitely some who do. But for those of us who root for the laundry, I have said it before, Brady is just another player who plays for another team now. He should have retired a Patriot, but TB21, $$$$, and his ego, made it more important for him to play another year or two with another team. So, I hope his team loses.
BB didn’t wanna resign him the **** you want him to do retire to please you. You’re a perfect example of someone who didn’t deserve Brady embarrassing

“I don’t think Arians warrants much blame” one of the worst statements I’ve heard in a while were you laughing when you typed that

BB didn’t wanna resign him the **** you want him to do retire to please you. You’re a perfect example of someone who didn’t deserve Brady embarrassing

There really is no evidence bill didn't want to resign him. They assumed he would be back. Supposedly he was shocked when brady announced he was leaving.

Once the Patriots didn't upgrade the receiver positions he was out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes