PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why this thread is not on the Tampa bay forum...
WELL YOU SEE. THE GOAT QB AND GOAT (ARGUABLY) TE WERE DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND AND PLAYED HERE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, AND GAVE US 3 SUPER BOWLS SINCE THEY BOTH PLAYED FOR US. SO, SINCE THEY'RE PLAYING FOR TAMPA BAY WE HAVE A THREAD APTLY NAMED THE TAMPA BAY THREAD TO DISCUSS THESE FORMERLY NEW ENGLAND ALL-TIME GREATS.

YOU'RE WELCOME.

So then this is all wrapped up after week one? Got it. Bill good. Brady bad.

WELL YOU SEE. THE GOAT QB AND GOAT (ARGUABLY) TE WERE DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND AND PLAYED HERE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF TIME, AND GAVE US 3 SUPER BOWLS SINCE THEY BOTH PLAYED FOR US. SO, SINCE THEY'RE PLAYING FOR TAMPA BAY WE HAVE A THREAD APTLY NAMED THE TAMPA BAY THREAD TO DISCUSS THESE FORMERLY NEW ENGLAND ALL-TIME GREATS.

YOU'RE WELCOME.
I figured this thread would draw out the hardos but I dint think they'd be this dense.

calling those who are still interestedI his career Bucs fans. You're calling others delusional? I'd say do some self scouting, man. Your beef seems like it should be pointed at the hype machine and not Brady or the people who choose to continue to root for him. You and sb1 have been anything but objective on this since day one. It's no surprise that you two are posting in this thread like crazy since the game ended after being the biggest detractors of the thread. You're loving it. Enjoy it while it lasts, I guess. It won't look like this a month from now.

Considering the fact that there are 18K views of this thread and 26 pages, along with a poster who changed his avatar to a Bucs logo, I would say there are more than a fair share of new Bucs fans here. My beef is not with Brady at all - it's with his fan boys who seem to be spending more time following the Bucs than the Pats. I also have a huge issue with those fans who have been throwing Belichick under the bus and arguing it was Tom who won 6 super bowls for the team, when if fact it was a joint effort. Brady's decline, according to some, was supposedly due to Belichick not getting him enough weapons when Tom has been winning rings his entire career without weapons. I would say Belichick got it right in letting Brady go.

I'm loving the crow being rammed down the throats of the Belichick haters (you're not one of them) and there are plenty. Nothing more.

And this is a topic to discuss Brady and his new team is it not?
I'm driving, but I will respond soon... no hate, just a fair response.

Out of the 4 QB's (Brady, Cam, Bridgewater and Rivers) with new teams yesterday... 1 guess who had the lowest passer rating of all of them.

At least brady didn't lose to Gardner Minshew and a team that traded away their best defensive player a week ago :ninja:

Considering the fact that there are 18K views of this thread and 26 pages, along with a poster who changed his avatar to a Bucs logo, I would say there are more than a fair share of new Bucs fans here. My beef is not with Brady at all - it's with his fan boys who seem to be spending more time following the Bucs than the Pats. I also have a huge issue with those fans who have been throwing Belichick under the bus and arguing it was Tom who won 6 super bowls for the team, when if fact it was a joint effort. Brady's decline, according to some, was supposedly due to Belichick not getting him enough weapons when Tom has been winning rings his entire career without weapons. I would say Belichick got it right in letting Brady go.

And using historical revisionism for some hilariously awful takes that Belichick sucks as a coach and is nothing without Brady. Lol. The fact they're seething at the results makes it extra delicious!

Cam has never had an OL in Carolina like Brady had here and now he gets to benefit. Also Cam did all right with no weapons when he took his team to a SB. He was throwing to the corpse of Jerricho Cotchery that year.

I'm driving, but I will respond soon... no hate, just a fair response.

Not sure if you saw my post yesterday - I had you wrongly pegged as a Belichick hater and a Brady-first fan instead of a Pats fan and I apologize for that.

At least brady didn't lose to Gardner Minshew and a team that traded away their best defensive player a week ago :ninja:
Can’t remember who traded a top tier player last week.

This is a funny victory lap...Bucs play @ a top 3 team while Pats play at home vs. a bottom 3 team. I guess that’s it, though. It’s been proven that Brady is nothing without Belichick.

Not sure if you saw my post yesterday - I had you wrongly pegged as a Belichick hater and a Brady-first fan instead of a Pats fan and I apologize for that.
No need, sb1. I think I did miss that post. But no, I love BB. And I love Brady. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am always going to be a Pats fan. I just admire Brady and what he's meant to my life as a sports fan and I want to finish the ride until he's done.

What I don't appreciate, I guess, is the seemingly biased takes on his performances and people insinuating that to root for Brady, to even follow Brady at all at this point, means I've jumped ship and am no longer a Pats. And I've always stayed far away from the BB/TB dichotomy because it's just stupid to me. I hate that human nature must assign a "who was more responsible." It's dumb.

But sb1, I have nothing against you and appreciate your zeal for NE. I just hope that as we continue to communicate you'll be somewhat willing to take on a slightly more objective viewpoint. Some of the points you've made I cannot argue with much, but others have come across as Brady hate. I hope that doesn't offend you. But I still reserve the right to call you Rob Parker Jr. sometimes. LOL

Jacksonville traded their DE to Minnesota
Yes... I dunno if he is Mack-type but he’s a VG player.

Yesterday, the Lions blew a big lead, as did « this game is a sure win » Philly. Indy lost. Dallas lost. Some people on this board are still cranky about a revamped Patriots’ team that won a division game by 10.

Not sure how things could’ve gone much better. If not for two unfortunate plays that swung the momentum, it would’ve been a blowout.

And a new QB no one wanted who - I assume - is still learning looked brilliant, confident & determined. NE will surely have challenges, but yesterday exceeded my expectations.

No need, sb1. I think I did miss that post. But no, I love BB. And I love Brady. I can't speak for anyone else, but I am always going to be a Pats fan. I just admire Brady and what he's meant to my life as a sports fan and I want to finish the ride until he's done.

What I don't appreciate, I guess, is the seemingly biased takes on his performances and people insinuating that to root for Brady, to even follow Brady at all at this point, means I've jumped ship and am no longer a Pats. And I've always stayed far away from the BB/TB dichotomy because it's just stupid to me. I hate that human nature must assign a "who was more responsible." It's dumb.

But sb1, I have nothing against you and appreciate your zeal for NE. I just hope that as we continue to communicate you'll be somewhat willing to take on a slightly more objective viewpoint. Some of the points you've made I cannot argue with much, but others have come across as Brady hate. I hope that doesn't offend you. But I still reserve the right to call you Rob Parker Jr. sometimes. LOL

LOL. Not at all. I'll admit I've done a little bit of trolling too on the subject but I will cool it. Point was made yesterday :)

I don't hate the GOAT and I don't think anyone else here does. My view is Brady gets a little too much credit by himself for this dynasty - it's both him and Belichick together that brought us greatness. Most of my Brady criticism is related to his poor season last year on the field. I didn't care for his attitude last year either, I believe it brought the team down. Will always love what he's done for us. But I admit I've soured on the guy off the field in recent years with the social media and TB12 stuff. The "Tompa" trademarking BS made it much easier to detach from him than I thought it would be. Any "hate" is only responding to Belichick haters who badly want to see this team crash and burn without Brady.

Now I'm not a Bill apologist either - I'll also call it like I see it about the GOAT coach. For one thing I believe Belichick is 100% to blame for Spygate. That was quite a bit more damaging to the team than say a QB throwing a pick 6 and it's hard to get over that. If he was stupid enough to cheat and get someone to tape the Bengals last year then I'd want him gone. Thankfully that didn't happen.

I'm loving the crow being rammed down the throats of the Belichick haters (you're not one of them) and there are plenty. Nothing more.
The Pats beat the lowly Dolphins led by 37 y/o Ryan Fitzpatrick. Pump the brakes, Mr. Boogeymen. Your sounding like someone who was celebrating beating Luke Falk last year like it was the Super Bowl.

How did Brady do last year against the same Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins in a much more important game?
How did Belichick's defense do in that one? That was a team loss.

LOL. Not at all. I'll admit I've done a little bit of trolling too on the subject but I will cool it. Point was made yesterday :)

I don't hate the GOAT and I don't think anyone else here does. My view is Brady gets a little too much credit by himself for this dynasty - it's both him and Belichick together that brought us greatness. Most of my Brady criticism is related to his poor season last year on the field. I didn't care for his attitude last year either, I believe it brought the team down. Will always love what he's done for us. But I admit I've soured on the guy off the field in recent years with the social media and TB12 stuff. The "Tompa" trademarking BS made it much easier to detach from him than I thought it would be. Any "hate" is only responding to Belichick haters who badly want to see this team crash and burn without Brady.

Now I'm not a Bill apologist either - I'll also call it like I see it about the GOAT coach. For one thing I believe Belichick is 100% to blame for Spygate. That was quite a bit more damaging to the team than say a QB throwing a pick 6 and it's hard to get over that. If he was stupid enough to cheat and get someone to tape the Bengals last year then I'd want him gone. Thankfully that didn't happen.
I hear you, sb1. You definitely cleared up a lot for me, and I appreciate you taking the time to do so. I really do. We're not as far apart on the subject as I once thought. Others, however, will continue to troll for sure. Thank you, sb1.

Reactions: sb1
How did Belichick's defense do in that one? That was a team loss.

Guess that "lowly" argument doesn't work so well eh? :)

I take it then when Brady wins you'll call it a team win and not a Brady win. Works for me.

Guess that "lowly" argument doesn't work so well eh? :)

I take it then when Brady wins you'll call it a team win and not a Brady win. Works for me.
It works perfectly well. The Dolphins suck, you are parading about acting like we beat the Chiefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back