PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll say once again, Peyton Manning went to Denver and struggled for 5 weeks before adjusting and once he did his team was the most dangerous in the league. He did not have an all star coach. It’s very premature to declare a victory when Tampa player a top NFC team in game 1 led by one of the all time best passers in history and we beat a mediocre Dolphin team.

By the end of next week it could be us getting stomped in Seattle and the Bucs beating Carolina and the narrative is flipped.

In fact the Bucs should be viewed as favorites in their next 4 games until GB

Manning was 36. Brady is 43. There is no comparison, except wishful thinking by Bradyites. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping Tom can duplicate what Manning did in Denver.

No narrative is going to be flipped, regardless of the result next week.

Kind of hilarious the Bradyites are salty and actually think Pats fans are declaring "victory" lolololol

Ian, what is the status of the "ignore thread" function? With each passing day, the decision by you and the other mods to keep this embarrassment of a thread in the main forum looks increasingly unwise and shortsighted, because it is now officially a sh*t show. What a shocker.

Given the activity level of the thread, I am forced to look and scroll past the unfunny thread name every time I return to the site. If you still refuse to put the thread into non- Patriots portion of the site (where it belongs), we should have the option to opt out. If the "ignore thread" function is now available, can you offer instruction about how to initiate that, because I don't see a way to do it currently.
Blatant attempt to get the thread derailed

“Hey guyz it’s soooo hard for me to ignore a thread title and it distresses me so much seeing it that I have come and in derail the thread to complain some more”.

People like you are why this site is becoming less enjoyable. People were talking about Tom in multiple threads, now it’s consolidated into one, there was a Jets thread on this board all last year, this is one of the most posted in threads on the board so obviously people want to talk about it, the mods made their decision.

All you need to do.... is scroll past it. It’s not hard. Stop trying to ruin everyone else’s discussion because you are selfish

I've actually lost total respect for some posters on this board for sounding exactly like the dunce fans of our opponents over the last 20 years.
It's crazy. A guy who brought us 9 super bowl appearances, 6 rings, 4 super bowl MVP's, 3 league MVP's, and literally had us in contention to win it all every single year is being trashed constantly by "fans". The notion that he was "whiny" is plain idiocy. When his deal was signed in August of 2019 he pretty much knew the writing was on the wall and that was it in New England. Got to be pretty hard knowing that a place that became your home for two decades and a place where you got married, had kids, and a wildly successful career would no longer be your home. Maybe his "whininess" was actually frustration knowing the run was coming to an end. Hell even if he was "whiny" he has every right to be. On top of being shoved out the door he was given scraps to work with at 42 years old. Half a year with a turnstile at LT, practice squad level tight ends, and a receiver group that was falling apart at the seams. I am glad he is (maybe was after Arians' comments) enjoying his time down in Tampa. He gets a great group of weapons around him and gets to be rejuvenated at 43 years old to finish out the twilight of his career. He deserves every good thing that happens to him and it is down right embarrassing to see some of our "fans" of a lesser IQ taking shots at him.

It's crazy. A guy who brought us 9 super bowl appearances, 6 rings, 4 super bowl MVP's, 3 league MVP's, and literally had us in contention to win it all every single year is being trashed constantly by "fans". The notion that he was "whiny" is plain idiocy. When his deal was signed in August of 2019 he pretty much knew the writing was on the wall and that was it in New England. Got to be pretty hard knowing that a place that became your home for two decades and a place where you got married, had kids, and a wildly successful career would no longer be your home. Maybe his "whininess" was actually frustration knowing the run was coming to an end. Hell even if he was "whiny" he has every right to be. On top of being shoved out the door he was given scraps to work with at 42 years old. Half a year with a turnstile at LT, practice squad level tight ends, and a receiver group that was falling apart at the seams. I am glad he is (maybe was after Arians' comments) enjoying his time down in Tampa. He gets a great group of weapons around him and gets to be rejuvenated at 43 years old to finish out the twilight of his career. He deserves every good thing that happens to him and it is down right embarrassing to see some of our "fans" of a lesser IQ taking shots at him.
They aren't 'fans'. While some of them sit there and lecture us on being 'true patriots fans'... sad stuff.

So is your issue with what he's selling, or that it doesn't fit within your budget?
Him selling (generally people use "( )" when they are trying to convey additional, non-prime, information in case you didnt know), obviously

meh.......that dude is gone and he ain't comin' back.........I can't give a crap any more cuz it's Cam Newton time....I like the banners though....and the memories

I just think the hubris that prevented him from just walking away on top after beating the rams is so trashy looking

Poor Tommy. Had it so rough in NE with that meanie Belichick.

That's an interesting narrative, but we now know Mr and Mrs Brady were already heading for the exits after the 2017 season:

Soon after, Benedict writes, Kraft summoned Brady and his wife Gisele Bündchen to his home for a discussion. Bündchen took up for Brady. After pointing out how much Brady had done for the organization:

She also pointed out how ridiculous it was that after all these years, Belichick still treated Brady like "f****** Johnny Foxboro." It was bad enough to never voice approval. It was ******** to still be dressing down the most accomplished quarterback in league history during team meetings and treating his personal trainer and best friend like some kind of outcast.

When the conversation shifted to the future, Brady and Bündchen indicated it was time for them to make some changes that were in the best interest of their family. Among other things, they were contemplating a change of scenery.

Kraft wasn't surprised by their feelings toward Belichick. He hadn't, however, expected to hear that Brady and Bündchen wanted to leave New England.

So, Tom was first to say he wanted to leave, presumably triggered because Alex G was forced out of the locker room and the plane, plus Mrs Brady was not liking the way BB was addressing her man.

The relationship didn't mend itself magically after that. The incentive-laden contract bump Brady was given later in the summer prior to the year was another source of irritation. A source told me that summer that the contract was akin to refusing to take the thorn out of a lion's paw.

But by the time the season started, Belichick and Brady pocketed their grievances and got along better than they had in years, sources told me at the time.

Everything wasn't fixed forever - the two men were at cross-purposes in that Belichick wanted to build for the future and a 40-plus quarterback didn't fit that bill - but they got along well enough to go 11-5 in 2018, and then rampage through the playoffs to another Super Bowl.

So they patched things up somewhat, and carried on for a while, but to say Brady was "shoved out" is way off target.

Ref: New book reveals how close Tom Brady came to leaving Patriots after Super Bowl loss to Eagles

meh.......that dude is gone and he ain't comin' back.........I can't give a crap any more cuz it's Cam Newton time....I like the banners though....and the memories

I just think the hubris that prevented him from just walking away on top after beating the rams is so trashy looking

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to continue to play the game you love for as long as you can. The thought that someone should hang it up just because it makes for some storybook ending is stupid imo.

There’s nothing wrong with wanting to continue to play the game you love for as long as you can. The thought that someone should hang it up just because it makes for some storybook ending is stupid imo.

you're right about the first part.........as for what's stupid, that's subjective......I think 'playing until I suck' is pathetic

Peyton was also 36 years old and the Broncos brought in Peyton's system from Indy to Denver. It also took Peyton 4 years to win a title in Denver. Tom does not have any of these luxuries.

It took him about five games to re-establish himself as an elite passer. The championship with Denver was actually inverse to his level of play.

I know I read a couple more that said they wouldn't know who to cheer for if Brady met the Pats in a Super Bowl. If you're a Pats fan the answer should not even be a second thought. I hope the Pats smash him into the ground again and again and again.

Yeah I don't know what that poster was talking about. I know i read more than a couple of posts in that thread when it was first reported Tom signed with the Bucs. That post I pulled out was on the second page of that thread lol.

you're right about the first part.........as for what's stupid, that's subjective......I think 'playing until I suck' is pathetic

If there’s a team willing to pay you to play a game of football take the money. And all considered even with those INTs the arm isn’t at the 2015 manning level yet. I’m honestly more concerned with Gronk at this point than TB.

He's not gonna F you bro. No matter how hard you try i think he likes women :rofl:

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
Show me a fan that wants the Patriots to lose and Tampa to win the Super Bowl. Just one (a Patriot fan I mean)

Well I can tell you right now any fan that is anti-Bill the GM does. They want Brady to win the SB to so they can say Bill the GM and Bill the coach were the same person being carried by Brady.

Just one? This post took me 1 minute to find
I feel the same way. Granted I’m starting to dislike the Bucs team, particularly the coach so I’m feeling more conflicted.

By the way, how far back did you have to dig and how much time did you need to waste to locate that post? You’ve got too much time on your hands, sir. Might want to get a hobby. ;)

Yeah, he can do whatever he wants, but as someone who's in the end game phase of a career, I'll tell you if you have the money to do so there's a lot to be said for the mental health benefits of leaving while you can still be proud of your work, instead of sticking around till you can't. He's gonna have lots of time to revisit his late stage career decisions. As I wrote earlier, I was hoping he would be viewing this as a fun time of his career, but he seems to be miserable out there.

Tom has thrown pick-sixes three games in a row. The two in regular season games were nearly identical.

But apparently acknowledging the trend in Brady's play is having an agenda. Look i'm sure he'll have several good/great games this season but people said his play was due to lack of weapons. So then he went to a team with them and then came out and looked like he did last year. And now those people are saying "only week 1 with no preseason" ok but if the trend continues are these people gonna acknowledge what us supposed "agenda" people are acknowledging?

Yeah, he can do whatever he wants, but as someone who's in the end game phase of a career, I'll tell you if you have the money to do so there's a lot to be said for the mental health benefits of leaving while you can still be proud of your work, instead of sticking around till you can't. He's gonna have lots of time to revisit his late stage career decisions. As I wrote earlier, I was hoping he would be viewing this as a fun time of his career, but he seems to be miserable out there.

There is little upside for Brady to play in Tampa. The odds of him getting a ring there are low, and even if he does, at what cost? Is it worth it for him to be subjecting his body to abuse week after week at the age of 43 just to get another championship? Moreover, his critics will say he's a system QB if he doesn't play well. Is he doing it out of spite to Belichick and in this regard being egged on by Gisele who detests Bill?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back