PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You live on this thread constantly bashing Brady and saying if he doesn't win the SB he's a failure but here you are bragging about finishing third on an online pick-em contest?

Wow, you're a pendejo.

Obviously you have a mental problem. I never said Brady would be deemed a "failure" for not winning a SB in Tampa. And you're calling me "stupid" yet I'm ahead of you in the standings...go figure.

^^not a politics thread, genius. i responded to the guy who first brought up something political and that should be the end of it.

Obviously you have a mental problem. I never said Brady would be deemed a "failure" for not winning a SB in Tampa. And you're calling me "stupid" yet I'm ahead of you in the standings...go figure.

I didn't call you stupid pendejo, I called you a c*^nt hair.

I remember thinking that Belichick probably would have made.the switch anyway during the season if Bledsoe never got hurt
I remember the rumors shortly after Bledsoe was traded that may have been the case.
He played bad the year before and lost the 2 games he started in 01.
Bledsoe just didn't fit with Weis's offense. Bledsoe was taking a lot of snaps under Center (probably because Woody couldn't snap out of Shotgun) which isn't Bledsoe's game. He's only under Center to hand the ball off the the RB or going to do play action (which he was one of the best at). However, he didn't have a great ground game up until the point he got injured (it was embarrassing bad from '99-'00). He also waits for the big play which the O-line wasn't good enough to do and the Pats didn't have that arsenal at WR/TE. Bledsoe was a really good QB and had some good times with him.

On the other hand, Brady thrived because as analysts were saying he "processed information" quickly and threw to the guy he felt had the best chance of making a play.

Brady is not getting the love from the NFL again. Cousins got NFC offensive player of the week.

I'll be shocked if Brady doesn't get NFC offensive player of the month. Well,... Aaron Rodgers has had a good month too.

Biggest obstacle for Tampa Bay isn't either of those two top tier teams, but Toilet Bowles.

I guarantee you that the OC's of those teams are digging out all the zone-beaters they have in their playbook right now. If Washington is smart they'll run overloads, combos which stress one side of the field (think trips R or L), use flood concepts- have their receivers hit gaps and sit there. NO and Atlanta were doing that all day.

He’s terrible. Plays too much god damn zone. Bucs defense will really need to step especially the corners.

Regardless he took two Broncos teams deep into the playoffs, which is more than Favre, Warner, or Brady has done on their 2nd teams (so far).
No he didn’t take 2 teams deep into the playoffs. 2 teams took him.

Brady is in the playoffs. All he has to do is beat Washington and he has as many playoff wins in 1 year as Belichick has in 9 without each other.

He’s terrible. Plays too much god damn zone. Bucs defense will really need to step especially the corners.
I don’t understand his refusal to play press man when he has corners that are big and long but don’t read routes well (ie bad zone defenders). And then he’ll frequently blitz with off man behind it - what’s the point of blitzing if you’re gonna concede an easy 7-10 yard throw with the coverage? Bewildering.

Brady is not getting the love from the NFL again. Cousins got NFC offensive player of the week.

I'll be shocked if Brady doesn't get NFC offensive player of the month. Well,... Aaron Rodgers has had a good month too.
The NYFL has never given Brady the respect that he deserved. When he started out with record breaking success, he couldn't pass Joe Montana. While he was doing that the NYFL was pushing for Manning, then it became Rodgers and now it's Mahomes. He should be the face of the league after all he's accomplished but they always have someone else in mind. They even used a phony violation to paint him as a cheater.

The worst slight of all though was/is making PEDton Manning out to be a saint when in fact he's a sex-offender and a real cheater, while at the same time besmirching the character of Brady. Screw the NYFL and their awards.

I said THIS YEAR would be a failure for him not getting to the SB. I never said Brady himself would be a failure or his career would be deemed as such as Venocod was saying. Please learn to read, Aluminum. :rolleyes:

I said THIS YEAR would be a failure for him not getting to the SB. I never said Brady himself would be a failure or his career would be deemed as such as Venocod was saying. Please learn to read, Aluminum. :rolleyes:
I do think it be a failure if they do not reach the NFCCG. Superbowl or bust is a little extreme though for someone who entered a entirely new system, terminology, coaches, environment etc. Next year however if they keep the core, it is Superbowl or bust

Feels like a distinction without a difference to me, but OK

I do think it be a failure if they do not reach the NFCCG. Superbowl or bust is a little extreme though for someone who entered a entirely new system, terminology, coaches, environment etc. Next year however if they keep the core, it is Superbowl or bust
I don't think failing to beat Green Bay again (that's who they'd play, right?) would be a failure...disappointing, sure, but coming in, new team etc., such a bizarre year, team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever...making them relevant and getting to the final four in the conference would be OK I think

I don't think failing to beat Green Bay again (that's who they'd play, right?) would be a failure...disappointing, sure, but coming in, new team etc., such a bizarre year, team that hasn't made the playoffs in forever...making them relevant and getting to the final four in the conference would be OK I think
If there are no upsets they would play GB next week divisional round

Why? I feel like this board just completely overrates the talent level of Tampa. Their defense has good edge rushers and linebackers, but pass defense is suspect and on offense they can't run the ball. There's a reason they went 7-9 last year and it wasn't all because of Jameis. It's not like this loaded roster everywhere, they're not even the Chiefs, the Packers or the Saints.

At 43 I don't think anyone expects brady to do anything. So I don't think it changes his legacy if he loses in the playoffs.

Great chance if he stayed with pats he loses in the wild card again this year. So what's the difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes