PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
in your view and perhaps many other Pats fans view, nothing changes. But it probably will for others. Not in the sense that Brady is going to get knocked down from being the GOAT, but a bad loss in the playoffs for Brady is going to look bad for him. You can't just turn around say, "at this point it's gravy and he's 43," etc. It doesn't work that way. He chose to come back and recruited Gronk and Brown to turn the Tampa offense into one of the best in the league. He threw for 40 TDs in the regular season. Now he is expected to perform in the playoffs... without Bill. Others like Favre, Manning, Montana, and Warner did it for their second teams. Brady has every offensive weapon at his disposal to do the same. Let's see where it goes.
Not really imo. Brady is doing things that have never been done in football and maybe even in any pro sport. Doesn't matter if he throws 6 ints and goes one and done. All house money now. Anyone who criticizes Brady now would have criticized him regardless of what he does.

Not really imo. Brady is doing things that have never been done in football and maybe even in any pro sport. Doesn't matter if he throws 6 ints and goes one and done. All house money now. Anyone who criticizes Brady now would have criticized him regardless of what he does.
Bingo. Same for BB the coach. This whole Brady vs BB thing is just a fun way for these people to generate interest and revenue. None of what they do matters. They will both be 1st ballot HOFers and considered the best at their 'position'. Coaches need HOF QBs to go on runs like they did. Doesn't matter that the QB is more important. It's always the case.

I don't think you can discount his Tampa legacy in the overall picture, especially with the weapons he has. I just don't. Maybe in NE it doesn't matter. But i doubt you can say the same for the rest of the country.

I don't think you can discount his Tampa legacy in the overall picture, especially with the weapons he has. I just don't. Maybe in NE it doesn't matter. But i doubt you can say the same for the rest of the country.
He can't reduce his legacy. Hence the quote "house money". It's all a bonus. Instant hot takes and immediate reactions mean nothing. When he retires it will not change ANYTHING.

He can't reduce his legacy. Hence the quote "house money". It's all a bonus. Instant hot takes and immediate reactions mean nothing. When he retires it will not change ANYTHING.

Again, this is YOUR opinion, which may or may not be the same for all NFL fans.

In Joe Montana's last conference championship game he was 9-23 for 125 yards and a pick, Team got smoked. He then was one and done the following year and retired. Those games are never brought up past the comment "Joe led the Chiefs to the conference championship game". As Tottie stated, in the moment there will be discussions on his legacy and shows built on making up narratives will have themselves a juicy 30 minute segment but over time that will dissipate and ultimately forgotten. Brady will remain the consensus GOAT for a number of years then start being challenged by a new player or two just like Montana was.

In Joe Montana's last conference championship game he was 9-23 for 125 yards and a pick, Team got smoked. He then was one and done the following year and retired. Those games are never brought up past the comment "Joe led the Chiefs to the conference championship game". As Tottie stated, in the moment there will be discussions on his legacy and shows built on making up narratives will have themselves a juicy 30 minute segment but over time that will dissipate and ultimately forgotten. Brady will remain the consensus GOAT for a number of years then start being challenged by a new player or two just like Montana was.
And Favre threw a pick to finish an NFC Championship game in which they were going to win and get a trip to the SB. It did not change a thing.

Um, Montana's weapons weren't exactly what Brady has to work with now...can't take anything away from what Joe did with that KC team, which had far less talent than what he had to work with on offense in SF. He lost to an excellent Bills team.

Um, Montana's weapons weren't exactly what Brady has to work with now...can't take anything away from what Joe did with that KC team, which had far less talent than what he had to work with on offense in SF. He lost to an excellent Bills team.
When are you going to stop saying "weapons"? Is that how you judge all QBs? They have "weapons" and they must win a SB? Only one team will win, you know that right? Mahomes has 2 all pros on his team and Rodgers has a great cast also. Brees, if Thomas plays, has a great offense. Cook, Sanders, Kamara, Thomas. You think they will all be judged by your standards when they lose? All great offenses have "weapons". It's not some keyword you can throw out there to try and force a point that he MUST WIN THE SB.

Tommytroll12 is only laser focused on diminishing Brady's legacy. He'll applaud other QBs accomplishments while ignoring there missteps to bolster his agenda

When are you going to stop saying "weapons"? Is that how you judge all QBs? They have "weapons" and they must win a SB? Only one team will win, you know that right? Mahomes has 2 all pros on his team and Rodgers has a great cast also. Brees, if Thomas plays, has a great offense. Cook, Sanders, Kamara, Thomas. You think they will all be judged by your standards when they lose? All great offenses have "weapons". It's not some keyword you can throw out there to try and force a point that he MUST WIN THE SB.

Please get some sleep or something because you're not making any sense. All last year on this board it was "Tom didn't have any weapons." So when I give credit to a QB for doing well without weapons, it can't be used as a criteria for judging him? This board has gone off the deep end. If anything, playing great football without weapons is a commendable thing. As far as Brady is concerned, yeah he should be judged with a higher standard if he has more weapons than other QBs who have gone on to other teams.

DDS sounds like a schill for McDaniels. You have to understand he's trying to trash Brady because of this. It's becoming blatantly obvious that Brady carried the offense for 20 years and McDaniels is totally exposed without Brady. They're trying to argue Brady wasn't that great in order to say McDaniels wasn't riding Brady's coat tails the entire time.

And Favre threw a pick to finish an NFC Championship game in which they were going to win and get a trip to the SB. It did not change a thing.
That one cost the Pats a 19-0 season. There's no way that BrINT Favre beats the Pats in the SB.

DDS sounds like a schill for McDaniels. You have to understand he's trying to trash Brady because of this. It's becoming blatantly obvious that Brady carried the offense for 20 years and McDaniels is totally exposed without Brady. They're trying to argue Brady wasn't that great in order to say McDaniels wasn't riding Brady's coat tails the entire time.
Not sure what you are talking about as I am as big a Brady homer as you get. Brady is the GOAT player (not just QB) of all time and carried the Patriots offense throughout his career. He is the only reason I am actively rooting for Tampa Bay to win it this year. Just because I do not share your bizarre obsession with McD does not mean I have an issue with Brady or BB as I revere them both for what they accomplished together.

Sorry I don't protest or engage in violence. I just vote.
Yoooo. You’ve posted 24 times in this thread TODAY.

Ue8gIFU.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand