PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why? I feel like this board just completely overrates the talent level of Tampa. Their defense has good edge rushers and linebackers, but pass defense is suspect and on offense they can't run the ball. There's a reason they went 7-9 last year and it wasn't all because of Jameis. It's not like this loaded roster everywhere, they're not even the Chiefs, the Packers or the Saints.

He's thrown for 40 TDs and has future HOFers around him in Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Gronk. It's more talent than he's had at any point in his career.

Why? I feel like this board just completely overrates the talent level of Tampa. Their defense has good edge rushers and linebackers, but pass defense is suspect and on offense they can't run the ball. There's a reason they went 7-9 last year and it wasn't all because of Jameis. It's not like this loaded roster everywhere, they're not even the Chiefs, the Packers or the Saints.
Offense is definitely on the level of those teams.

Antonio brown, Godwin, evans would be #1 receivers on any team and they all are on the same team. Then add in Gronkowski who may not be who he was but is still deadly with those guys on the field against backup CBs and linebackers

They just choose not to run because brady wants to sling it around the field. Especially in the redzone. It's a different concept than the Pats who wanted to hand it off in the redzone. It's more what Manning did in Denver (which ironically alot of pats fans chastised him for as padding stats(

He's thrown for 40 TDs and has future HOFers around him in Evans, Godwin, Brown, and Gronk. It's more talent than he's had at any point in his career.
So basically the overall success of a team is tied solely to the receiving weapons around the quarterback? I'd argue he had much better talent around him in 2003, 2004, 2007, 2014 and 2016, for instance. I mean, "the wide receivers are very good, so they should be in the Super Bowl" is certainly a take.

Also, there isn't a single universe in which Chris Godwin is a future Hall of Famer by any stretch and Gronkowski and Brown aren't in their primes either. It's as good a set of weapons as he's had, but there's no need to overblow it so it seems is just a ridiculous embarrassment of riches that any top QB should be expected to win a title with. It's silly.

So basically the overall success of a team is tied solely to the receiving weapons around the quarterback? I'd argue he had much better talent around him in 2003, 2004, 2007, 2014 and 2016, for instance. I mean, "the wide receivers are very good, so they should be in the Super Bowl" is certainly a take.

Also, there isn't a single universe in which Chris Godwin is a future Hall of Famer by any stretch and Gronkowski and Brown aren't in their primes either. It's as good a set of weapons as he's had, but there's no need to overblow it so it seems is just a ridiculous embarrassment of riches that any top QB should be expected to win a title with. It's silly.

Expecting them to get to the Super Bowl might be a bit of an overstatement on my part, but certainly an NFCCG is reasonable with the talent they have.

Expecting them to get to the Super Bowl might be a bit of an overstatement on my part, but certainly an NFCCG is reasonable with the talent they have.
Do you think they're more talented than the Saints and Packers? Because that's the teams they'll be facing in the divisional round. I think at most you can say the Bucs are at that level, and so that game can go either way. Winning in the NFL is excruciatingly hard, making the AFCCG seemingly every season was a crazy anomaly we'll literally never see again. If Tampa loses to the Packers 21-17 with Brady having a terrible game, have at it. If they are competitive and lose, guess what, that's what their team is.

I said THIS YEAR would be a failure for him not getting to the SB. I never said Brady himself would be a failure or his career would be deemed as such as Venocod was saying. Please learn to read, Aluminum. :rolleyes:
You look quite idiotic - even moreso than usual - by pulling the old "I said this year would be a failure for Brady but I never said Brady would be a failure" nonsense.

Seriously, little child, own your own statements.

It is amazing just how FAR ahead Brady is in all of these post-season stats.

You look quite idiotic - even moreso than usual - by pulling the old "I said this year would be a failure for Brady but I never said Brady would be a failure" nonsense.

Seriously, little child, own your own statements.

Learn to read, Bucs fan. At least Aluminum admitted he misread my post.

Last edited:
I said THIS YEAR would be a failure for him not getting to the SB. I never said Brady himself would be a failure or his career would be deemed as such as Venocod was saying. Please learn to read, Aluminum. :rolleyes:
Dead wrong either way

What's the status of the COVID crew on D? White, etc.

The NYFL has never given Brady the respect that he deserved. When he started out with record breaking success, he couldn't pass Joe Montana. While he was doing that the NYFL was pushing for Manning, then it became Rodgers and now it's Mahomes. He should be the face of the league after all he's accomplished but they always have someone else in mind. They even used a phony violation to paint him as a cheater.

The worst slight of all though was/is making PEDton Manning out to be a saint when in fact he's a sex-offender and a real cheater, while at the same time besmirching the character of Brady. Screw the NYFL and their awards.
Yeah, but it adds another chip on Brady's shoulder. Having to prove himself drives the guy. Whenever he is talking to media, he is always talking about player better.

I was hoping he'd sue the NFL for defamation but knew it wouldn't happen while he is still playing.

This year those weapons had Brady. No wonder they they had greater years

It helps to have Brady. But those guys would all be good with another QB. They've proven they can excel in this league with another QB at center.

It helps to have Brady. But those guys would all be good with another QB. They've proven they can excel in this league with another QB at center.
Yes, they're talented weapons, duh. LWhy must you have to unbalance every good thing someone says about Brady with some tidbit that knocks him down a little. "He's Good, but......." He did this, but.......He won that, but.....you just can't stand letting someone get away with any praise of him without the need of knocking him down a notch.

Yes, they're talented weapons, duh. LWhy must you have to unbalance every good thing someone says about Brady with some tidbit that knocks him down a little. "He's Good, but......." He did this, but.......He won that, but.....you just can't stand letting someone get away with any praise of him without the need of knocking him down a notch.

Why are you so damn sensitive? Everything is a slight to you. Do you really think Brady would have thrown 40 touchdowns to Harry, Edelman, Asiasi, Meyers, etc.? He didn't last year, and he did this year....just put 2 and 2 together. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes