PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

If there’s any truth to this... Arians won’t be their coach next year.

Hard to say. They looked pretty chummy on the sideline before the game when Tom was warming up the other night. Arians did go ahead and toss him right under the bus to the media after that, so who knows? Gammons is also a baseball guy so I’m not sure how the hell he would have the scoop about what’s going on behind the scenes.

Guess it's not too bad playing for the grumpy hoodie as brady thought.

Still having as much fun as he's ever had?

So you think they will fire Arians even though Brady probably only has 1 or 2 years left before he leaves??? Not quite so sure about that I guess.

So you think they will fire Arians even though Brady probably only has 1 or 2 years left before he leaves??? Not quite so sure about that I guess.
Maybe that will make them realize Arians is not a good coach that doesn't play to his players strengths and tries to fit a square peg into a round hole.

I don’t think he needs necessarily a GOAT head coach, just a decent one.
Sixth round system quarterbacks need a GOAT head coach.

Josh makes sense, but he is still under contract with NE until 2023 and would need Bill's permission to interview with Tampa. Not sure I see Bill allowing him to leave, especially if it's to help Brady.

Also imagine what the players think of that dumbass Arians as he calls out players and Brady in the media. Never takes responsibility for his poor coaching I guarantee you no player on that roster would go to bat for him. Who knows how Leftwich got a job to begin with.

Tampa should be killing teams in the intermediate routes with AB/Godwin

I kind of agree but injuries on the Oline happen and they're still building chemistry so I'm curious how good they'll get.

Take this for what it’s worth because it’s coming from Weis. I’ll preface this by quoting him as saying that Brady was errant and that it’s one of the reasons why they lost. So he didn’t absolve Brady. But he concentrated on the difference in YAC. Goff’s receivers caught the ball and would rip off 20-30 yards in YAC at the blink of an eye. The Bucs don’t tailor their offense to that. Weis was hammering home how important that is to any offense - especially one with a LT who was gimpy and one of the better guards in the league out. He was critical of Fournette for dropping those balls because he had real estate in front of him.

IMO, the reason for the lack of YAC in their offense isn’t only on the play calling, but that’s a large part of it. With their OL piecemeal, teams like the Rams can get away with rushing 3-4 and dropping everyone else while still getting home. I’d suspect that will change once Marpet gets back and anchors that unit up front. But with that many guys in coverage, there wouldn’t be many real YAC opportunities anyway.

KC doesn’t even go downfield like that and they have mahomes and hill. AB was eating in the shirt passing and of course they decided to just go long again

Maybe that will make them realize Arians is not a good coach that doesn't play to his players strengths and tries to fit a square peg into a round hole.
How the mighty have fallen.....apparently
GOAT for a decade
Now......a square peg that doesn't fit right?

Two questions:

Should Arians take away long ball privileges from the square peg?
And....
Shouldn't a goat be able to hit a long ball at least once in a month?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suspect Arians and Tompa made a suicide pact:

1606450226109.png

Each with something to prove, unified by the desire to push the ball down field

But I don’t think Arians is an awful coach, he just isn’t a great one. I think Bb is the best to ever coach so comparing him to anyone is always tough. The question is can they get a better coach, or if reports are true, a coach that gets along with Brady and his style of play better. And if it is the latter, are you getting a lesser cia h for a year maybe two of making Brady happy?

If one looks outside this echo chamber, it looks really bad for Tom Brady if Bruce Arians worked great with 5 other great QB's and for some reason Tom Brady can't be elite surrounded by all-pros outside of Belichick's system.

If one looks outside this echo chamber, it looks really bad for Tom Brady if Bruce Arians worked great with 5 other great QB's and for some reason Tom Brady can't be elite surrounded by all-pros outside of Belichick's system.

He was for the first 8 games and yes, he had two bad games the last three. His INT have a huge impact on his rating and QBR.

At the moment, he is still 5th in yards and 4th in TD. He is not completely trash either.

Kindly note that it's pure speculation on the part of the NY POST which is nothing more than a tabloid that's had a long-running hatred of all things Patriots (or even ex-Patriots).

However, it'll be interesting to see what happens as a result of this ********. BB, in contrast, keeps his criticism in-house, and is so good at keeping his team insulated from the media, and maintaining a "us vs. them" mentality so that any media negativity only causes the team to bond a little tighter.

Does Arians do this? Probably not.

The difference between BB and most every other coach is he changes his game plan regularly to counteract what the other team's strengths are. He tries to build a team that is flexible and can do different things. Then he tries to put players in the positions where they can be most successful. Most other coaches do things their way and try to impose their will on the other teams. They try to get players that fit their style, and when they come up against a team that can take advantage of those weaknesses they are in trouble. Arians isn't a bad coach, he just isn't a great coach. He has a system that works and doesn't seem capable of making changes that would make them more successful.
Once again, the situations in TB and NE are prove positive of the theory that coaches don't win games, players do. Coaches can only lose them.

Bill, with next to no talent, has the team at 4-6 which is where most predicted they'd be.
Arians, with talent up the arse, has the team on the verge of going 7-5 which is below expectations.

After listening to Arians comments about Brady, Gronk and Antonio Brown, it appears that he didn't want any of them on the team. After seeing him up close I can see why many consider him crap.

But I don’t think Arians is an awful coach, he just isn’t a great one. I think Bb is the best to ever coach so comparing him to anyone is always tough. The question is can they get a better coach, or if reports are true, a coach that gets along with Brady and his style of play better. And if it is the latter, are you getting a lesser cia h for a year maybe two of making Brady happy

I'm hearing the opposite, that the great QBs that Arians worked with weren't so great while under his system. Tom seems to be falling right in line with that.

Edit: Upon further review, using Arians' record as a HC only, his QBs prior to Brady have had 184 TDs and 130 INTs in 107 games. Brady's 25/9 totals are below his normal standards but still better than those.

Last edited:
By late November you should know what you have or not. Plus brady worked with these guys all off-season against the NFLs wishes. Manning went to the Superbowl his first year with Denver and set records.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to say brady's best game is short and intermediate throws and that having your 43 year old qb with a shotty offensive line take hits and throw bombs isn't the best strategy.
Manning did not set any records in his first year in Denver or go to the Super Bowl. He was Joe Flacco'ed in his first playoff game at home for his 8th one and done in the post-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes