PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yards per completion doesn’t mean a whole lot imo.

It means he's not completing as many down-field passes as he has in years past, despite all the weapons he has. that was the point of the PFT article.

It means he's not completing as many down-field passes as he has in years past, despite all the weapons he has. that was the point of the PFT article.
Maybe but I just don’t think the stat means that much for looking at how effective QB’s are when talking about the passing game.

Case in point:
Career YPC - Mahomes 12.8, Montana 11.9, Peyton 11.7, Brady 11.7..... Tebow 14.0

It does not mean that at all. The stat is an average. He is completing more big throws this season then he has in years past. In fact, he is second only to Wilson this year for big throws (over 20+yards). But he is also completing a high percentage of short to intermediate throws as well which brings the average down. He is basically running a hybrid of the Arians offense with the deep balls complemented by the shorter throws. I would actually like to see him pass more to the RBs but Tampa just does not have a solid pass catching back.

Maybe but I just don’t think the stat means that much for looking at how effective QB’s are when talking about the passing game.

Case in point:
Career YPC - Mahomes 12.8, Montana 11.9, Peyton 11.7, Brady 11.7..... Tebow 14.0

Ok but the PFT article did not state that Brady was not effective...just that one aspect of his game was down from years past.

Last edited:
Watching the Bucs-Panthers replay. This is the twilight zone watching Brady reunited with Gronk and Antonio Brown lol. What are the odds if you had bet on that happening this year?

According to Michael Silver of NFL Network, Judge and a number of other ex-New England staffers are of the belief Brady, though admittedly “intelligent,” was a product of the Patriots’ “system,” a scheme that offset many of his shortcomings including “throwing deep, throwing outside the numbers and moving in the pocket.” In fact, Judge, who Silver notes has “exuded an alarming aura of haughtiness” in his new venture with the Giants, has gone as far as “openly denigrating” Brady’s abilities.

**** like this is what broke up the Jordan bulls as well. Why the **** is the system not working with Cam than? Go deep to who

**** like this is what broke up the Jordan bulls as well. Why the **** is the system not working with Cam than? Go deep to who

Cam doesn’t fit into the EP system...that is obvious.

According to Michael Silver of NFL Network, Judge and a number of other ex-New England staffers are of the belief Brady, though admittedly “intelligent,” was a product of the Patriots’ “system,” a scheme that offset many of his shortcomings including “throwing deep, throwing outside the numbers and moving in the pocket.” In fact, Judge, who Silver notes has “exuded an alarming aura of haughtiness” in his new venture with the Giants, has gone as far as “openly denigrating” Brady’s abilities.

There's the old saying that you find out a person's true character when they are put in a position of power.

Last year, it was lots of deep throws to Edelman. It was obvious there was a dearth of talent when the slot receiver is also the number 1 deep threat.

In case anyone was worried, Colts fans are handling the Brees injury well;

"I don't buy this injury. I think there's something fishy going on like Brees getting paid off to fake an injury so the Bucs can win the division and make the SB in Tampa. The Bucs and Saints game showed how outmatched the Bucs and Brady were, so the league is getting desperate to get the Bucs in the SB in Tampa and Brady one more ring.

Absolutely disgusting."

"I don't buy this injury. I think there's something fishy going on like Brees getting paid off to fake an injury so the Bucs can win the division and make the SB in Tampa. The Bucs and Saints game showed how outmatched the Bucs and Brady were, so the league is getting desperate to get the Bucs in the SB in Tampa and Brady one more ring.

Absolutely disgusting."
The patriots destroyed so many fan base, it is delightful :rofl:

The patriots destroyed so many fan base, it is delightful :rofl:

the best part is he doubled down when another Colts fan tried to remain rational:

Why would Brees fake an injury? He's in 1st place lets not get crazy here.

"Because the league paid him off well and knows the Saints are capable of crushing the Bucs with him at QB. Did you see the game two weeks ago? It wasn't even close. Goddell is eliminating the competition for Brady. In fact, if the Rams beat the Bucs this Sunday, I expect Goff to have a "season ending injury" the following week. The NFL needs to start getting called out on this garbage.

I realize it's "sports entertainment" and they can legally get away with it, but the fans need to be aware of it as well."

Absolutely disgusting."
LOL. Even at age 43 Brady is STILL in their heads. PTSD big time.

the best part is he doubled down when another Colts fan tried to remain rational:

"Because the league paid him off well and knows the Saints are capable of crushing the Bucs with him at QB. Did you see the game two weeks ago? It wasn't even close. Goddell is eliminating the competition for Brady. In fact, if the Rams beat the Bucs this Sunday, I expect Goff to have a "season ending injury" the following week. The NFL needs to start getting called out on this garbage.

I realize it's "sports entertainment" and they can legally get away with it, but the fans need to be aware of it as well."

It’s weird that Brees would smash his ribs to smithereens to help Brady instead of throwing the Saints-Bucs game.

Don't know if they'll make the SB but wouldn't it be something if Brady and his team faces the 18-0 Steelers. That's the kind of redemption opportunity that an athlete could only dream of.

Big game tonight in terms of seeding. You wanna stay in the 5th position to play a team in the NFC east.

With that loss to the Texans, my dream of a Pats-Bucs Super Bowl is fading fast LOL but would love to see Brady play the
Chiefs or Steelers in the big show. (Chiefs-Bucs preview coming up Sunday!)

Rams might be more legit than you think. If they beat Tom tonight in a revenge game they will position themselves nicely for a playoff run. Can old man Gronk still block AD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back