PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he not understand Brown was signed for just a bit over the veteran's minumum, and didn't cost the Bucs any picks? To me that is a zero risk move.
I don't know, we ended up taking a $4M hit for Brown after the compensation was factored in, and I don't think anyone would say it was a zero risk move because it ended up making TB12 even less motivated to be around.

I think Tampa is taking a lot more risk than just the vet minimum. If he doesn't work out then TB12 will hold it against the team, IMO. Arians is already on the record for saying AB is not a locker room fit so he can't be thrilled. Even though Evans and Godwin are injured I doubt they want more competition for playing time. Then, the reality is that AB is not a stable human being. Three teams in a row have been burned. The odds of Tampa not getting burned are pretty small, IMO.

Hey, I remember all the feel-good when he showed up here and TB12 made room for him in his house and it was all going swell, and that was fun while it lasted, then it got very ugly very quickly, not very different from how it ended with the Raiders. Tampa is playing with fire, IMO. Clearly this is collecting talent instead of building a team.

I don't know, we ended up taking a $4M hit for Brown after the compensation was factored in, and I don't think anyone would say it was a zero risk move because it ended up making TB12 even less motivated to be around.

I think Tampa is taking a lot more risk than just the vet minimum. If he doesn't work out then TB12 will hold it against the team, IMO. Arians is already on the record for saying AB is not a locker room fit so he can't be thrilled. Even though Evans and Godwin are injured I doubt they want more competition for playing time. Then, the reality is that AB is not a stable human being. Three teams in a row have been burned. The odds of Tampa not getting burned are pretty small, IMO.

Hey, I remember all the feel-good when he showed up here and TB12 made room for him in his house and it was all going swell, and that was fun while it lasted, then it got very ugly very quickly, not very different from how it ended with the Raiders. Tampa is playing with fire, IMO. Clearly this is collecting talent instead of building a team.

I don't see how Brady would hold it against Tampa Bay if AB shoots himself in the foot again. I think Brady is a little smarter than that.

I still hold that this is a low risk move. I think pretty much everyone including AB knows that his first wrong move is his last.

Brady was gone whether Brown stayed or not. He told Stern that he knew going into TC in 2019 that it was his last year. We will see how Brown is now after having a year off and playing for a million bucks. He has been relatively quiet for the last few months keeping himself out of the news so have to see if that carries over. He obviously loved playing with Brady so we'll see if that motivates him to keep calm.

According to Jerry Pluto, an insider for the Browns, Cleveland was willing to offer the Houston Texans 1st round pick the Browns owned the rights to. That ended up being the #4 overall pick. The Patriots rejected the offer 2 days before trading Jimmy G to the 49ers.

Belichick hand picked the 49ers for Jimmy G. The 49ers never called, rather Belichick called Shanny and said take it or leave it. 10 minutes later the trade was announced

That was pure BS. Rumors that proved to be not true. The Cleveland Browns discredited those as well as the Patriots.
Pluto may no longer be a planet, but he's
still in outer space.

Starting to think Bucs will be in nfccg. Lots of football left tho
The Bucs will be in the Super Bowl, given health. They’ll run through the NFC like a hot knife through butter. They may put up 50 against Seattle.

Brady was gone whether Brown stayed or not. He told Stern that he knew going into TC in 2019 that it was his last year. We will see how Brown is now after having a year off and playing for a million bucks. He has been relatively quiet for the last few months keeping himself out of the news so have to see if that carries over. He obviously loved playing with Brady so we'll see if that motivates him to keep calm.
A ton of money didn't motivate him to not flip out in OAK.

Somewhat less money but a chance to be on a SB contender and play with TB did not motivate him to put down the phone in NE.

I don't think it's about motivation, I think it's more that he can't control himself very well.

I don't think things will work out too differently for Tampa.

History shows it doesn't take much to set him off.

That was pure BS. Rumors that proved to be not true. The Cleveland Browns discredited those as well as the Patriots.
still in outer space.
I don’t think there is anything to dispute. Sam Brown, the VP of the Browns at the time, said they would have gladly traded Houston’s 1st round pick (4th overall) for Jimmy G. That’s a fact.

It’s also a fact that Belichick hand picked the 49ers for Jimmy G. He texted Shannahan and said to call him. Within minutes the deal was done. Several other teams have also confirmed that BB refused to discuss a possible trade for Jimmy G. Only the 49ers. Belichick’s quotes this week pretty much confirm all of this

still in outer space.
I'm not sure if you're referring to the Browns part or the 49ers, but Shanahan/Lynch has been quoted confirming BB called and just asked for a 2nd round pick to get it over with. Shanahan was surprised it was only a 2nd and was prepared to give up more. I'm not sure if he was referring to a 1st round pick (probably not) but more like additional picks.

I don’t think there is anything to dispute. Sam Brown, the VP of the Browns at the time, said they would have gladly traded Houston’s 1st round pick (4th overall) for Jimmy G. That’s a fact.

It’s also a fact that Belichick hand picked the 49ers for Jimmy G. He texted Shannahan and said to call him. Within minutes the deal was done. Several other teams have also confirmed that BB refused to discuss a possible trade for Jimmy G. Only the 49ers. Belichick’s quotes this week pretty much confirm all of this

Cleveland never made an offer for garoppolo. Thats a fact. " Would've" " couldve" doesnt mean squat. NE was already working on the niners deal when browns called. No offer was ever made.
Maybe if they had called a few days earlier it would be different. Who knows?
But the fact is, san fran eas the only team that made an offer. Everything else is speculation. Ill take Mike Reiss' word over any of these clowns.

I'm not sure if you're referring to the Browns part or the 49ers, but Shanahan/Lynch has been quoted confirming BB called and just asked for a 2nd round pick to get it over with. Shanahan was surprised it was only a 2nd and was prepared to give up more. I'm not sure if he was referring to a 1st round pick (probably not) but more like additional picks.
The Browns, obviously

AB didn't have any issues while he was here. Kraft had issues with the sudden negative press because he was in the midst of a lawsuit. The mediots played Kraft like a Stradivarius.

The Browns fans hate Belichick with a passion and the feeling is mutual. If he's unhappy with a player he'll trade him there. That wasn't the case with JG though.

The Browns fans hate Belichick with a passion and the feeling is mutual. If he's unhappy with a player he'll trade him there. That wasn't the case with JG though.
It's pretty funny but that's sort of the point that's being debated here. Many feel we didn't get what we could of had we had at least made a few phone calls instead of dumping Jimmy for a 2nd rounder. A high first round pick is a game changing pick and who cares if he hates the browns, if it was even a small possibility a call maybe should of been made. Maybe it was and we will never know though.

AB won’t last a month down there. I hope he does but I know he will blow it somehow

I don't remember him being a problem at all while he was here. His biggest crime was an angry tweet about Kraft after he was dumped for PR. He does appear to be volatile though, even by NYFL standards. If he does stay in line watch out. The Bucs will be deadly.

It's pretty funny but that's sort of the point that's being debated here. Many feel we didn't get what we could of had we had at least made a few phone calls instead of dumping Jimmy for a 2nd rounder. A high first round pick is a game changing pick and who cares if he hates the browns, if it was even a small possibility a call maybe should of been made. Maybe it was and we will never know though.
Bill has so many grudges it is hard to keep track but it has cost is with trades and with the league.

Dear Drew,

Thanks for everything and best of luck!

Sincerely,
The Touchdown Record
LOL. The Saints basically have no receivers today. Thomas is out with a hamstring (rumors they might be shopping him given he is a malcontent) and Sanders is out with Covid. Basically will be the Kamara show again. Hopefully the Panthers scheme to to take him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back