PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Nick Foles to Jax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Foles played so far above his ceiling that Playoff run...that was a once in a lifetime run for him. I dont see him making the Jags all that much more dangerous

Nick Foles played so far above his ceiling that Playoff run...that was a once in a lifetime run for him. I dont see him making the Jags all that much more dangerous
But do you agree that some of the pieces are already in place and this is a vast improvement over Bortles ?

But do you agree that some of the pieces are already in place and this is a vast improvement over Bortles ?

I agree hes an improvement over Bortles but not a vast improvement. He can get a hot hand here and there, but so didn't Bortles

I agree hes an improvement over Bortles but not a vast improvement. He can get a hot hand here and there, but so didn't Bortles
Fair. But I think most would be very much in the Foles > Bortles camp. And it isn’t all that close.

I’ll give you that Foles has been inconsistant.

Well he has good company in glass Joe Wentz.

Let’s get something clear: Glass Joe was actually quite durable. You don’t fight in 100 matches (winning 1) by being injury prone. Talent-wise, though, absolutely terrible. Or maybe it was the predictable pattern of weak sauce punches and the slow as **** uppercut. Also struggled to protect the body punches, a big problem on the Junior Circuit.

Fair. But I think most would be very much in the Foles > Bortles camp. And it isn’t all that close.

I’ll give you that Foles has been inconsistant.

Screenshot_20190303-184138_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190303-184231_Chrome.jpg

I mean sure Foles has the superbowl, but honestly they are both middle of the pack. I would say people would take Foles based on his dream, once in a lifetime playoff run

^I just see that Bortles has double digit INTs every year whereas Foles only has 33 lifetime.

...and his highest % is 88 in a year he threw 18 !!!

Will be interesting to see the contract. Foles is a starter but not that many teams need a veteran starter. So he needs Jax more than Jax needs him almost. Other than the Skins, who else could use a 25mm vet QB (i.e. ready to win now) as opposed to going into top tier of the draft?

Will be interesting to see the contract. Foles is a starter but not that many teams need a veteran starter. So he needs Jax more than Jax needs him almost. Other than the Skins, who else could use a 25mm vet QB (i.e. ready to win now) as opposed to going into top tier of the draft?

Word is that it’s not going to be a back breaker. Apparently we’re the only team with interest so we have leverage

I think they need a lot more than Nick Foles to be a contender.
This is a team that has been
5-11
10-6
3-13
5-11
3-13
4-12
2-14
5-11
In the last 8 years.
2017 seems to be more a blip than the real team hiding in the weeds.
They have issues and weaknesses at virtually every position on offense. Foles isn’t going to elevate that poor collection of talent (and the best guy they have is an injury prone head case with an attitude problem).

The d has been good but probably won’t be by the time the offense gets built right and will be hard to keep together.

I think they need a lot more than Nick Foles to be a contender.
This is a team that has been
5-11
10-6
3-13
5-11
3-13
4-12
2-14
5-11
In the last 8 years.
2017 seems to be more a blip than the real team hiding in the weeds.
They have issues and weaknesses at virtually every position on offense. Foles isn’t going to elevate that poor collection of talent (and the best guy they have is an injury prone head case with an attitude problem).

The d has been good but probably won’t be by the time the offense gets built right and will be hard to keep together.
Not saying he is going to light it’s up. I do think Foles - despite inconsistencies - can be the QB Jax needs. I’m also saying Bortles was NEVER the QB they needed.

Not saying he is going to light it’s up. I do think Foles - despite inconsistencies - can be the QB Jax needs. I’m also saying Bortles was NEVER the QB they needed.
Bottles was far from the only problem.

How has Foles fared when not on the Eagles?

I mean sure Foles has the superbowl, but honestly they are both middle of the pack. I would say people would take Foles based on his dream, once in a lifetime playoff run

Foles best run was his 2013 season, so his playoff run in 2017 was not a one-off. He was good in 2018, too. The question is whether his high level play is something he can sustain at this point in his career, or is something more along the lines of the Flacco/Eli lightning strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots